I've broken the code

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
Sorry for not posting in so long, my fellow marauders, but my laptop did sort of explode, and now it doesn't charge. So, using a friend's computer, I now give you my latest- and, certainly greatest- theory yet on the female elite of the armada.
You know what a marionette is, right? Sort of like a puppet, but easier to manipulate.

You know who Marie Antoinette is, right? She was a French Queen who was originally charming, but came to be hated. I do believe you see where I'm going with this.

What if- and this is a rather large What if- The female elite's name is...
Marie Onette?

Seeing as the Armada has been described as puppets, and Marie Antoinette was a queen, and France and Italy... uh... same thing, totally, it sort of somewhat adds up kinda sorta. I'm not going to say she's good or evil or anything... just that it's very possible. A Marionette. Marie Onette. It makes sense.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
darkdoombro345 on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
Sorry for not posting in so long, my fellow marauders, but my laptop did sort of explode, and now it doesn't charge. So, using a friend's computer, I now give you my latest- and, certainly greatest- theory yet on the female elite of the armada.
You know what a marionette is, right? Sort of like a puppet, but easier to manipulate.

You know who Marie Antoinette is, right? She was a French Queen who was originally charming, but came to be hated. I do believe you see where I'm going with this.

What if- and this is a rather large What if- The female elite's name is...
Marie Onette?

Seeing as the Armada has been described as puppets, and Marie Antoinette was a queen, and France and Italy... uh... same thing, totally, it sort of somewhat adds up kinda sorta. I'm not going to say she's good or evil or anything... just that it's very possible. A Marionette. Marie Onette. It makes sense.
A very fanciful & creative idea, friend. But I believe they're called 'puppets' simply because they're not alive, yet they move. Anne Radcliffe's term 'automaton' seems to fit better.
You already know my opinion of her name - that it is Dame or Milady.
Have you tried using that name ( or variants ) in game?

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
Interesting.....very interesting...

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
You all know it's true. Don't deny.

Plus, it would make sense she therefor is on our side, seeing as Marie Antoinette was hated because she was thought to sympathize with her enemies.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
darkdoombro345 on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
Sorry for not posting in so long, my fellow marauders, but my laptop did sort of explode, and now it doesn't charge. So, using a friend's computer, I now give you my latest- and, certainly greatest- theory yet on the female elite of the armada.
You know what a marionette is, right? Sort of like a puppet, but easier to manipulate.

You know who Marie Antoinette is, right? She was a French Queen who was originally charming, but came to be hated. I do believe you see where I'm going with this.

What if- and this is a rather large What if- The female elite's name is...
Marie Onette?

Seeing as the Armada has been described as puppets, and Marie Antoinette was a queen, and France and Italy... uh... same thing, totally, it sort of somewhat adds up kinda sorta. I'm not going to say she's good or evil or anything... just that it's very possible. A Marionette. Marie Onette. It makes sense.
LOL!

That's a cool pun!

But im full seriousness,her name is the least of our worries.She is deadly,cold,merciless in my mind,and once her role comes into play...I shudder to think of what cog she turns in the Grand Design...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1194
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
LOL!

That's a cool pun!

But im full seriousness,her name is the least of our worries.She is deadly,cold,merciless in my mind,and once her role comes into play...I shudder to think of what cog she turns in the Grand Design...
Yes, yes, I see your point... but no. She should be good. Not because she's feminine, but because she's the only one it would be possible with- Kane is obviously the mastermind and grand battle planner, Rooke the main line of offense, Bishop (besides being the creepy magic-maker) the messenger, Milady, Dame, or Marie either the backup weapon, hidden assassin, or main informant (being the obvious swashbuckler, what if all of those NPCs- those strange bison who just watched you, the enemy who never seemed to attack you... what if they were all just her in disguise?), Phule the... uh... not sure, and we'll have Deacon as his spy. Obviously.

Of course, half of them are de-activated, so we might be meeting with the mistress of the armada very soon.

(Also, I'd like to point out Dame and Milady are both proper titles.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
darkdoombro345 on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
You all know it's true. Don't deny.

Plus, it would make sense she therefor is on our side, seeing as Marie Antoinette was hated because she was thought to sympathize with her enemies.
That she was sympathetic to the enemies of France, was a lie invented by her enemies to reduce her popularity with the common people. You have to understand, she was a foreigner, a princess from Austria ( a traditional enemy of France) None of the political radical element ( anti-royals ) wanted her on the throne.
The female Elite is our enemy, & you're fooling yourself that she could be otherwise. Why do most people think that if a villain is female she must therefore be softer, gentler & more sympathetic than male villains?

Note: It is interesting to me that you chose the name 'Marie Onette'. As a pun for marionette, it is very effective.
But ( with my memory of high school French ) honet; pronounced 'onet' means 'honest'. So to a French speaker her name would sound like 'Mary Honest'.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5736
darkdoombro345 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Yes, yes, I see your point... but no. She should be good. Not because she's feminine, but because she's the only one it would be possible with- Kane is obviously the mastermind and grand battle planner, Rooke the main line of offense, Bishop (besides being the creepy magic-maker) the messenger, Milady, Dame, or Marie either the backup weapon, hidden assassin, or main informant (being the obvious swashbuckler, what if all of those NPCs- those strange bison who just watched you, the enemy who never seemed to attack you... what if they were all just her in disguise?), Phule the... uh... not sure, and we'll have Deacon as his spy. Obviously.

Of course, half of them are de-activated, so we might be meeting with the mistress of the armada very soon.

(Also, I'd like to point out Dame and Milady are both proper titles.)
And Deacon, Bishop, Rooke & Phule ( Fool ) are also proper titles....

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
darkdoombro345 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Yes, yes, I see your point... but no. She should be good. Not because she's feminine, but because she's the only one it would be possible with- Kane is obviously the mastermind and grand battle planner, Rooke the main line of offense, Bishop (besides being the creepy magic-maker) the messenger, Milady, Dame, or Marie either the backup weapon, hidden assassin, or main informant (being the obvious swashbuckler, what if all of those NPCs- those strange bison who just watched you, the enemy who never seemed to attack you... what if they were all just her in disguise?), Phule the... uh... not sure, and we'll have Deacon as his spy. Obviously.

Of course, half of them are de-activated, so we might be meeting with the mistress of the armada very soon.

(Also, I'd like to point out Dame and Milady are both proper titles.)
Phule's purpose is one that's left ambiguous for now.I've heard some great theories and hypothesis thus far,including that he's in charge of mocking Kane and pointing out his flaws so he can fix them,or that he's in charge of public relations.In Phule honesty,(pun intended,pun so so so intended)Phule's creepy behavior,his stunningly...cuckoo personality,and his amazing clothes make him a very cool elite in Kane's Court.

Also,Bishop is ''Kane's mad tinkerer'',as Gracie puts it,and I think that's the most accurate way to put it,in charge of using the information gained from the others,form battle strategies,create new weapons,and work on Kane's more...um...shadowy plans(anything relating to El Dorado and the Grand Design).

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
anecorbie on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
That she was sympathetic to the enemies of France, was a lie invented by her enemies to reduce her popularity with the common people. You have to understand, she was a foreigner, a princess from Austria ( a traditional enemy of France) None of the political radical element ( anti-royals ) wanted her on the throne.
The female Elite is our enemy, & you're fooling yourself that she could be otherwise. Why do most people think that if a villain is female she must therefore be softer, gentler & more sympathetic than male villains?

Note: It is interesting to me that you chose the name 'Marie Onette'. As a pun for marionette, it is very effective.
But ( with my memory of high school French ) honet; pronounced 'onet' means 'honest'. So to a French speaker her name would sound like 'Mary Honest'.
Nope.Honnête,means honest.

And indeed,I highly doubt Kane's fair lady is going to be sympathetic towards us,just as much as Kane himself is gonna be sympathetic towards us.There is no way either of those two or the Elites would even dare helping the meddling little pirates,especially if the alternative is to their benefit.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
I'm not giving up on the whole "Marie is good" campaign, but I have just stated that I don't think it's because she's feminine! Get that idea out of your head. Burn it. With fire.
Gone? Good. Because understand your point, and that she was only suspected of sympathizing, but put more thought into it.

Marie Antoinette was a foreigner, this being the main reason she was untrusted. And it wasn't just anti-royals who despised her, it was quiet a few French. Who, admittedly, probably heard it from the Anti-royals, but still- if the Valencians are the italians, and the italians had something somewhere to do with the French (gonna have to figure out precisely what), then we can link the events with the facts and figure out our final solution... so now we just need to know what Polaris has done with Valencia?

The Polarian wars were, of course, the creation of the Armada. That much is told to us. If she is the 'Secret Weapon,' then who's to say she wasn't responsible for the fall of much of Polaris? Napolenguin had to end up in prison somehow, right?

And I disagree with the idea that she's going to fall for our pirate or admire them greatly. I think that she may have been programmed as the Toymaker's possible assistant, or informant, or helper, or companion, etc. She'll just go with her programming, stating we are either the most likely to help free the Toymaker (I expect him to have been imprisoned, which I have stated earlier), or see us as a threat to the armada...

So looks like this is turning into another debate between us, Anecorbie. Nice and interesting- again.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
52
darkdoombro345 on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm not giving up on the whole "Marie is good" campaign, but I have just stated that I don't think it's because she's feminine! Get that idea out of your head. Burn it. With fire.
Gone? Good. Because understand your point, and that she was only suspected of sympathizing, but put more thought into it.

Marie Antoinette was a foreigner, this being the main reason she was untrusted. And it wasn't just anti-royals who despised her, it was quiet a few French. Who, admittedly, probably heard it from the Anti-royals, but still- if the Valencians are the italians, and the italians had something somewhere to do with the French (gonna have to figure out precisely what), then we can link the events with the facts and figure out our final solution... so now we just need to know what Polaris has done with Valencia?

The Polarian wars were, of course, the creation of the Armada. That much is told to us. If she is the 'Secret Weapon,' then who's to say she wasn't responsible for the fall of much of Polaris? Napolenguin had to end up in prison somehow, right?

And I disagree with the idea that she's going to fall for our pirate or admire them greatly. I think that she may have been programmed as the Toymaker's possible assistant, or informant, or helper, or companion, etc. She'll just go with her programming, stating we are either the most likely to help free the Toymaker (I expect him to have been imprisoned, which I have stated earlier), or see us as a threat to the armada...

So looks like this is turning into another debate between us, Anecorbie. Nice and interesting- again.
Unfortunately, Blind Mew has said multiple times that he is against the idea of giving us a clockwork companion. As it stands, common theory seems to be that Milady/Dame/Marie/Queen/etc. functions as a sort of propaganda officer, keeping all the unicorn nobles from realizing what the Armada is really doing.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
darkdoombro345 on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm not giving up on the whole "Marie is good" campaign, but I have just stated that I don't think it's because she's feminine! Get that idea out of your head. Burn it. With fire.
Gone? Good. Because understand your point, and that she was only suspected of sympathizing, but put more thought into it.

Marie Antoinette was a foreigner, this being the main reason she was untrusted. And it wasn't just anti-royals who despised her, it was quiet a few French. Who, admittedly, probably heard it from the Anti-royals, but still- if the Valencians are the italians, and the italians had something somewhere to do with the French (gonna have to figure out precisely what), then we can link the events with the facts and figure out our final solution... so now we just need to know what Polaris has done with Valencia?

The Polarian wars were, of course, the creation of the Armada. That much is told to us. If she is the 'Secret Weapon,' then who's to say she wasn't responsible for the fall of much of Polaris? Napolenguin had to end up in prison somehow, right?

And I disagree with the idea that she's going to fall for our pirate or admire them greatly. I think that she may have been programmed as the Toymaker's possible assistant, or informant, or helper, or companion, etc. She'll just go with her programming, stating we are either the most likely to help free the Toymaker (I expect him to have been imprisoned, which I have stated earlier), or see us as a threat to the armada...

So looks like this is turning into another debate between us, Anecorbie. Nice and interesting- again.
Interstingely enough,Napoleon Bonaparte's family are by origin Italians.Actually,corsican,from Ajaccio,

Napoleon the I father,was Carlo Buonaparte.His dad,on the other hand,was a politician,named Giuseppe Buonaparte.Okay,so Giuseppe's father was Sebastiano Buonaparte.His dad,was the elder Giuseppe Buonaparte....

Okay,I don't wanna go too far,but the point is,the family is corsican.At the time of Napoleon's birth,Corsica had gained independence.

The important thing that Blind Mew puts out is not to take these historical references too seriously.That is very important.Napoleon was crowned emperor,somewhere at the beginning of the 19th century...I think.Polaris is inhabited by penguins.Then for the LOVE OF PUNS make him an emperor penguin.An emperor Napoleguin.

Now,as for something that will actually be of use to us,than Felix's random yammers.

Now,as for the Marie Onette,she was without a doubt created by Kane.Kane created his own Elites,and Kane was created by the Toymaker.She is more Kane's daughter,than his wife,and she retains the same loyalty to him as the others.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Interstingely enough,Napoleon Bonaparte's family are by origin Italians.Actually,corsican,from Ajaccio,

Napoleon the I father,was Carlo Buonaparte.His dad,on the other hand,was a politician,named Giuseppe Buonaparte.Okay,so Giuseppe's father was Sebastiano Buonaparte.His dad,was the elder Giuseppe Buonaparte....

Okay,I don't wanna go too far,but the point is,the family is corsican.At the time of Napoleon's birth,Corsica had gained independence.

The important thing that Blind Mew puts out is not to take these historical references too seriously.That is very important.Napoleon was crowned emperor,somewhere at the beginning of the 19th century...I think.Polaris is inhabited by penguins.Then for the LOVE OF PUNS make him an emperor penguin.An emperor Napoleguin.

Now,as for something that will actually be of use to us,than Felix's random yammers.

Now,as for the Marie Onette,she was without a doubt created by Kane.Kane created his own Elites,and Kane was created by the Toymaker.She is more Kane's daughter,than his wife,and she retains the same loyalty to him as the others.
For the last part...

How can you prove all this? They never say Kane created the elites.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
sjosten on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
Unfortunately, Blind Mew has said multiple times that he is against the idea of giving us a clockwork companion. As it stands, common theory seems to be that Milady/Dame/Marie/Queen/etc. functions as a sort of propaganda officer, keeping all the unicorn nobles from realizing what the Armada is really doing.
I never said anything about her being a companion. I'm against that- although it would be pretty cool.

And I don't think Marie would be our companion even if we were getting one. It would probably be some sort of specialized marine or something.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
darkdoombro345 on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
For the last part...

How can you prove all this? They never say Kane created the elites.
Blind Mew said it at some point when people were discussing G,and I've spent the past hour trying to find it.Can someone please help me find it?

At first I thought it was the thread _Armada Companions_,but I noticed it wasn' there.

I chcked in _a few Lore-ish questions_ Finer points of the Story for Blind Mew_ _ afew Inquiries for Blind Mew_

The entirety of _Story Thread 4:This would be telling_ and it's not there.

Oh,but I found an interesting tidbit,that does claim we'll be probably going to Valencia(probably.You can't be 100% sure,can you?)

In Story Thread 4:This Would Be Telling

Musketeer592:...could you give us pirates a treat and tell us the first letter to the next world we will be in...

Blind Mew:Are you kidding? You can deduce the answer if you really look closely at the end of Book 14 - in fact, Jack really got on my case last update for giving too much away!

Not sure if that helped,but just wanted to share that tidbit.And if anyone can find the post do do so.This is not a wild goose chase,this is geniusly written teasing hunting!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
Blind Mew said it at some point when people were discussing G,and I've spent the past hour trying to find it.Can someone please help me find it?

At first I thought it was the thread _Armada Companions_,but I noticed it wasn' there.

I chcked in _a few Lore-ish questions_ Finer points of the Story for Blind Mew_ _ afew Inquiries for Blind Mew_

The entirety of _Story Thread 4:This would be telling_ and it's not there.

Oh,but I found an interesting tidbit,that does claim we'll be probably going to Valencia(probably.You can't be 100% sure,can you?)

In Story Thread 4:This Would Be Telling

Musketeer592:...could you give us pirates a treat and tell us the first letter to the next world we will be in...

Blind Mew:Are you kidding? You can deduce the answer if you really look closely at the end of Book 14 - in fact, Jack really got on my case last update for giving too much away!

Not sure if that helped,but just wanted to share that tidbit.And if anyone can find the post do do so.This is not a wild goose chase,this is geniusly written teasing hunting!
Oh yes, our next world is going to be Valencia. Surely. Didn't prove any points really, but yeah, it is.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
darkdoombro345 on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
Oh yes, our next world is going to be Valencia. Surely. Didn't prove any points really, but yeah, it is.
I do remember there being debates about whether or not we will be going to Valencia at all,and all those who stated Blind Mew stated we would had absolutely no proof of him ever saying that,so...I had to jump in and back it up...

Now,all this speculation is turning more and more abstract the more we talk about it.From the moment people started noticing her,and Quentin pointed her out,Blind Mew,Madame Vadima,One Eyed Jack,and any living person with even a strand of knowledge has remained tight lipped,and I am very happy to see all these theories,and there back ups,as well as all these interesting hypothesis about this clockwork that I know nothing about .

Thank you for this.

Well,I'm pretty excited about meeting her...I just know she's gonna be as scary as Kane himself...

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
The Hoodoo Master on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
I do remember there being debates about whether or not we will be going to Valencia at all,and all those who stated Blind Mew stated we would had absolutely no proof of him ever saying that,so...I had to jump in and back it up...

Now,all this speculation is turning more and more abstract the more we talk about it.From the moment people started noticing her,and Quentin pointed her out,Blind Mew,Madame Vadima,One Eyed Jack,and any living person with even a strand of knowledge has remained tight lipped,and I am very happy to see all these theories,and there back ups,as well as all these interesting hypothesis about this clockwork that I know nothing about .

Thank you for this.

Well,I'm pretty excited about meeting her...I just know she's gonna be as scary as Kane himself...
Yeah, I think she'll be fun. But I'm more excited about the Center (as I call it).

The Center is the huge clockwork kingdom at the center of Valencia... That's either Kane's factory or his throne. Or both.I shiver at the thought of... the monsters within that contraption.