Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

It will be worth waiting for

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Have you any idea how much I envy those players who have managed to download the test realm? My laptop is unable to complete the download, I will have to wait until the test realm goes live. Then I read posts where players are complaining and threatening to quit because there is no new book!
Let me ask you a question: do you think complaining will cause Chapter 15 to appear faster? Or by threatening to leave that KI will push through a unfinished product just to satisfy you? No? Then instead of complaining, why not try to be supportive for a change; test all those wonderful new features to the limits, give KI the feedback and information they need.
If you are still unsatisfied that there is no new content, I suggest you go and read Blind Mew's post "Where is Book 15?" he took time from a busy schedule to explain why it hasn't appeared yet.
I tell you that the wait ( as hard as it is ) will be worth it when the new chapter comes out. Didn't you love Marleybone? What about Aquila? If the new book heading our way matches, or even surpasses those two worlds, then I'm MORE than willing to wait for it - yes, even into 2015, if I must!
( to the KI employees who are working on this project, I feel that you will DESERVE a really fat bonus and some serious vacation time! Thank you for the present update, I'm very eager to try it out! )

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Sorry you have not been able to download the test realm, Anecorbie. I have not explored it extensively, but the flag (uniform) alteration service works a treat, and I am delighted to have some alternatives to eyepatches. The sagecoach service in Cool Ranch is a blessing.

I am greatly looking forward to the new chapter(s), but I think the game has received a lot of love in the last few months and I am still enjoying it very much.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Have you any idea how much I envy those players who have managed to download the test realm? My laptop is unable to complete the download, I will have to wait until the test realm goes live. Then I read posts where players are complaining and threatening to quit because there is no new book!
Let me ask you a question: do you think complaining will cause Chapter 15 to appear faster? Or by threatening to leave that KI will push through a unfinished product just to satisfy you? No? Then instead of complaining, why not try to be supportive for a change; test all those wonderful new features to the limits, give KI the feedback and information they need.
If you are still unsatisfied that there is no new content, I suggest you go and read Blind Mew's post "Where is Book 15?" he took time from a busy schedule to explain why it hasn't appeared yet.
I tell you that the wait ( as hard as it is ) will be worth it when the new chapter comes out. Didn't you love Marleybone? What about Aquila? If the new book heading our way matches, or even surpasses those two worlds, then I'm MORE than willing to wait for it - yes, even into 2015, if I must!
( to the KI employees who are working on this project, I feel that you will DESERVE a really fat bonus and some serious vacation time! Thank you for the present update, I'm very eager to try it out! )
I couldn't have said it better myself. Seriously huge Yarrrrrr here.

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
My thoughts exactly. I too cannot download the test realm, and am more than a little jealous. The update may be taking awhile, but that just means it's going to be amazing.

~Gibbsie

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I'm sorry you can't seem to load the test realm anecorbie. (And where are the other corbies? Why are you alone?) I've only played with it a very little -- my witchdoctor trapped in the interminable Cool Ranch went zipping about from place to place in the stagecoach because she could. I didn't touch her quests, just zipped about. I appreciate that it's cheap to use, and hope they don't decide to up the gold costs for it.

I should pull out my higher levels and check out the other bits, including the MooShu tower, but I'm torn between progressing my pirates in the live realm or mucking about in the test realm.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well expressed Esperanza and I agree wholeheartedly! And I tell you that you are spot on...the wait will surely be more than worth it-- it always is. And from the looks of what we have to look forward to when the new updates go live (and sorry about your dinosaur and laptop issue), we will have lots of amazing new toys and a epic, gear filled tower to keep us busy. I have absolutely no problem waiting when I know that KI is "simply" making the game better in every facet and corner of the Spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry you can't seem to load the test realm anecorbie. (And where are the other corbies? Why are you alone?) I've only played with it a very little -- my witchdoctor trapped in the interminable Cool Ranch went zipping about from place to place in the stagecoach because she could. I didn't touch her quests, just zipped about. I appreciate that it's cheap to use, and hope they don't decide to up the gold costs for it.

I should pull out my higher levels and check out the other bits, including the MooShu tower, but I'm torn between progressing my pirates in the live realm or mucking about in the test realm.
I'm glad you got the reference to the 'corbies'. Ravens and blackbirds have a significance to me. I live alone, but I am active in my community and church, I have many dear friends, though I wish I lived closer to my sister and her family, I'm very close to my nephews and I wish that they would play P101, but the oldest is a die hard Assassin's Creed fan, and thinks P101 is too tame.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Very good point there lass very good indeed.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Aww, that stinks that you can't download the test realm. I'm not getting it by choice only because I don't want to have good luck and get good gear from the tower and yet I don't have it live. When I see it for the first time, I'd like it to have any bugs fixed and be as surprised as other people.

I haven't been on the message boards in a few days, but I'm very disappointed in the people who are mad that there's no book 15. I can't wait for it either, but I wouldn't threaten to leave. I already know book 15 will be great because KI has yet to disappoint me. I would be disappointed if they rushed through it and book 15 was poor quality and has a plain storyline. I can't stand rushes and I expect their best. I wouldn't necessarily call it high expectations, I'm saying that I have much faith in them that book 15 will be worth the wait. KI have given us their very best and hasn't stopped, so why start now and go downhill?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I made a mistake in the title of Blind Mew's post, the correct title is: "Where's Book 15?" I hope some of the complainers will look at it. Or if One Eyed Jack or Bonnie Anne could please repost it, I think it would calm some people down.