Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is the game dying?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Is Pirate101 going to end up like Free Realms and POTC Online and end up getting it's plug pulled? I don't want the game to end up like that, I love it too much to have that happen. KI, is the new content going to be released soon or do we have another month or 2 to go? I can tell people are getting bored with the game because I don't see nearly as many people online as I did a few weeks ago.

~Faithful Wolf Freeman~ Level 65 Privateer, Vice Admiral

Ensign
Dec 28, 2012
All games have ups and downs in player activity, and you may have simply seen less people rather than there actually being less. I imagine there would've been a spike of activity around Christmas due to schools being closed, and afterwards anyone who received crowns as a present will have been wanting to show off their new purchases.

After the longevity of Wizard, I hardly think you have anything to worry about. As far as I'm concerned KI is here to stay, and I'm sure they feel that way too.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
p101 is dying? nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! why must this great game end!? why must the sun set on the spiral? why must the- oh we are still going to get to play? oh ok

Captain
May 13, 2011
it might go down someday, but today its still a very, very long way from bankruptcy

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Not even close, Pirate101 is just fairly new compared to Wizard101.
In due time Pirate101 will likely get as popular as Wizard101 (but who am I to say it hasn't yet )

The game is incredible and since it does have the partner game (Wizard101) it may in fact create more fans of Wizard101 and Vice-versa.

Think of Pirate101's plot vs Wizard101's plot at the moment
We haven't finished the first Arc (El Dorado) but they are about to finish the 2nd Arc and Kingsisle has said that not even Wizard101 is done yet (I heard Professor Greyrose mention that it isn't going to stop at it's second arc)

Pirate101 is still young compared to Wizard101 but one day it will be what Wizard101 currently is.

A good thing since this was the second game is that the knowledge that went into Wizard101 helped build Pirate101, there are many references in Pirate101 that reference Wizard101.

Overall I don't see the game as dying but more like getting onto it's feet so it can walk towards it's great future.

Administrator
CaptainAureus on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Is Pirate101 going to end up like Free Realms and POTC Online and end up getting it's plug pulled? I don't want the game to end up like that, I love it too much to have that happen. KI, is the new content going to be released soon or do we have another month or 2 to go? I can tell people are getting bored with the game because I don't see nearly as many people online as I did a few weeks ago.

~Faithful Wolf Freeman~ Level 65 Privateer, Vice Admiral
Hi! While we don't talk specifics regarding dates for new content, we are doing very well here at KingsIsle and Pirate101 is definitely doing well!

As you mentioned, we are going to miss games like Free Realms and POTCO (I talked a bit about my personal pains concerning the sunset of Free Realms over on Central) . . . and like I said on that thread on Pirate101 Central, I'm proud to be a part of this company and player base as well! KingsIsle and our players are the best! Thanks for your continued efforts to make this game and community top notch!

Keep up those positive attitudes and see you in the skyways!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Not even close, Pirate101 is just fairly new compared to Wizard101.
In due time Pirate101 will likely get as popular as Wizard101 (but who am I to say it hasn't yet )

The game is incredible and since it does have the partner game (Wizard101) it may in fact create more fans of Wizard101 and Vice-versa.

Think of Pirate101's plot vs Wizard101's plot at the moment
We haven't finished the first Arc (El Dorado) but they are about to finish the 2nd Arc and Kingsisle has said that not even Wizard101 is done yet (I heard Professor Greyrose mention that it isn't going to stop at it's second arc)

Pirate101 is still young compared to Wizard101 but one day it will be what Wizard101 currently is.

A good thing since this was the second game is that the knowledge that went into Wizard101 helped build Pirate101, there are many references in Pirate101 that reference Wizard101.

Overall I don't see the game as dying but more like getting onto it's feet so it can walk towards it's great future.
Really well said and your last line is delightfully poetic. Very picturesque.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I agree that this game won't go down so easily me hearty's

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
if it does start to go down them we can make a sp101 page ( save pirate101 )

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
No pirate101 is not dying, it's currently gaining more players each day.I have been playing pirate101 5 months after it's initial lunch. Based on my experience as a player, if there is a few player either I am in a perfect realm witch have very few player or played the game at a certain times like late at night or close to dinner time,when most players are offline.So if you want to meet more players,go to a crowded realm or play on a Saturday witch based on my experience have more players.

" The more,the better."-Slick Brittany Andrews

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Remember Littlest Pet Shop online? That great game died out too, as well as the older Littlest pet Shop VIPs, and now another game called Tinkatolli shut down as well. And let's not forget Toontown (now Toontown Rewritten) and Pixie Hollow and World of Cars. We will always remember those great games...

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
CheeryCherry1234 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Remember Littlest Pet Shop online? That great game died out too, as well as the older Littlest pet Shop VIPs, and now another game called Tinkatolli shut down as well. And let's not forget Toontown (now Toontown Rewritten) and Pixie Hollow and World of Cars. We will always remember those great games...
Cherry don't worry, Pirate101 shall last a long time and be here for years to come.

Wizard101 is said to not even being close to done and it is still going strong.

Pirate101 is still relatively new and isn't close to being closed down, the great staff at Kingsisle has a long future for us 101 gamers.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
pirate101 likely isnt going to be closed for a while after all admit it it we all cried when toontown closed(except for people that hated the game but eh' their opinions) but call me a jerk,but i got over toontown closing earlier than most people for starters we all knew toontown,eventually would close after all nobody is immortal no games nothing unless your redmond or blutarch mann but even still they got killed by gray mann their long lost third brother that sounds like his backstory came from a bad sonic recolor "oc" and toontown,even though it's my most nostalgic game of all time,it's not perfect no matter how many times you put the nostalgia goggles on that makes everything from your childhood look perfect but enough ranting about toontown's fanbase yes eventually p101 will close but it's just natural after all look up either "remains of the day" or "dont hug me i'm scared 2"
silver joseph vane
"who needs a map"

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Hi! While we don't talk specifics regarding dates for new content, we are doing very well here at KingsIsle and Pirate101 is definitely doing well!

As you mentioned, we are going to miss games like Free Realms and POTCO (I talked a bit about my personal pains concerning the sunset of Free Realms over on Central) . . . and like I said on that thread on Pirate101 Central, I'm proud to be a part of this company and player base as well! KingsIsle and our players are the best! Thanks for your continued efforts to make this game and community top notch!

Keep up those positive attitudes and see you in the skyways!
top notch,i see what you did there.