Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it just me or

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
Are our companions complete trash when it comes to accuracy?

I mean seriously! Peter always misses. It's causing me to lose every single dungeon I do. When he was able to get a new talent I gave him accuracy and it literally did not help what-so-ever.

And witchdoctors and their fizziling don't get me started on that.

There needs to be a major increase on accuracy on companions i'm getting fed up with constant missing. Enemies hit more than I do!

It's been happening over multiple pirates of mine!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
turtlemcturtleton on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
Are our companions complete trash when it comes to accuracy?

I mean seriously! Peter always misses. It's causing me to lose every single dungeon I do. When he was able to get a new talent I gave him accuracy and it literally did not help what-so-ever.

And witchdoctors and their fizziling don't get me started on that.

There needs to be a major increase on accuracy on companions i'm getting fed up with constant missing. Enemies hit more than I do!

It's been happening over multiple pirates of mine!
How are you training them? Are you pitting them against enemies a level or more above them?
I say "don't blame the companion, blame the captain" when it comes to constant misses/defeats.
My companions rarely miss, because I have given them points in accuracy. I also use El Toro for his accuracy buff.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I agree with anecorbie that the problem may lie in how you are using them rather than their own fault. Many people have problems with difficulty when they first arrive in Cool Ranch, because the agility and dodge level of those enemies is so high compared to what they've been used to. Sending a standard-issue buccaneer up against them isn't the best strategy. However, if that buccaneer also had high agility and dodge, he may have a better chance of landing hit hits. Ranged companions may be an even better idea, due to their own natural agility and epic talents.

Keeping them trained up close to where the enemies are is also a great method.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
How are you training them? Are you pitting them against enemies a level or more above them?
I say "don't blame the companion, blame the captain" when it comes to constant misses/defeats.
My companions rarely miss, because I have given them points in accuracy. I also use El Toro for his accuracy buff.
Well, I use

Peter Quint
Barnabus
Bonnie Anne (Temporary, being replaced with gaspard de vole)

I try my best to keep them the same level as me. When I can I give them accuracy.

And no I don't have them attack enemies that are higher levels. For the most part.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
While my lot do miss occasionally, they hit far more often than not at most points in the game. The beginning of Cool Ranch and the beginning of MooShoo tend to be rough spots. Once you have el Toro (fanfare) make him your first mate and he can boost your crew's accuracy (and yours).

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
What level are you all (captain and crew)? My companions start out with poor accuracy, but to be fair, so did I. By Cool Ranch (or even a bit before) they are all much better. On my max pirates they rarely miss unless I'm just completely using the wrong crew (and since I do random crew, that happens more often than I'd like). And yeah, they'll hit a point right into Moo Shu where they don't seem to be able to hit the broad side of a barn, but that only lasts a few fights.