Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is it just me,

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
It is just me, or does it seem like Blind Mew might be Bat in disguise? He's got really good hearing, which allows him to echo-locate anything? He also has a really strong sense of smell, which some bats have as well.
The tail can be explained as a shape-shifting power - or, if he was not gifted with that - a fake tale? His feet are also wrapped, which could help hide claws for clinging. I'm probably grasping at straws, but hey. Dem's my 2 cents.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
noahdd on Apr 25, 2017 wrote:
It is just me, or does it seem like Blind Mew might be Bat in disguise? He's got really good hearing, which allows him to echo-locate anything? He also has a really strong sense of smell, which some bats have as well.
The tail can be explained as a shape-shifting power - or, if he was not gifted with that - a fake tale? His feet are also wrapped, which could help hide claws for clinging. I'm probably grasping at straws, but hey. Dem's my 2 cents.
"Do cats eat bats, I wonder? Or do bats eat cats?" Alice in Wonderland.
I think you've got it wrong, Noah, Bat and Mew are separate beings. Mew's feet aren't completely wrapped, you see his toes, plus you can still see him even after you've recruited Bat or Jim Masterson. So unless he's found a way to be in one place in double incarnations, then Mew and Bat can't be the same.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I think you've got it wrong, Noah, Bat and Mew are separate beings. Mew's feet aren't completely wrapped, you see his toes, plus you can still see him even after you've recruited Bat or Jim Masterson. So unless he's found a way to be in one place in double incarnations, then Mew and Bat can't be the same.
When ya say it like that...

But I meant Bat, Son of Spider, one who wishes to destroy the Spiral

Forgot about the Mastersons.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
I may be misreading this, but I think that Noah's referring to The Bat, one of Grandfather Spider's children.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think Mew's other senses are so powerful because he can't see. All his attention is on those other senses. I do agree there is something mysterious about him. It's fun to speculate.
Froggo Villa used to sound different than he does now. Due to the way the voice was, and the clothes that conceal, I thought Villa was a girl salamander that ran away from home, disguised herself for safety, spoke with a raspy voice as part of the disguise, and accidentally became a bandit chief. Since they changed the voice, it doesn't fit anymore, but I like my version still. Besides, where ARE the girl salamanders?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dogsrock5656 on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
I may be misreading this, but I think that Noah's referring to The Bat, one of Grandfather Spider's children.
We've met Rat & Scorpion, ( in W101 ) but not Bat yet. And nothing Blind Mew has said or done indicates an evil personality.
This post could be really confusing to readers, whether or not they play W101 as well.

Community Leader
To put it simply, no. Our pirate is generally only a few steps behind our wizard in terms of world visits. Evidence of this can be found in Mooshu. While we are questing, it is revealed the emperor is still in his Malistaire-induced coma, meaning our wizard is still in Mooshu. We see Blind Mew very early in our questing. This means the wizard is nowhere near the events of Khrysalis, making it impossible for him to be the same as Bat, as Bat would still be imprisoned in The Black Hole with Old Cob. The heightened senses of Blind Mew can be explained by science. The loss of one senses generally causes the others to be heightened.

Interesting theory, but improbable to impossible to be true.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
We've met Rat & Scorpion, ( in W101 ) but not Bat yet. And nothing Blind Mew has said or done indicates an evil personality.
This post could be really confusing to readers, whether or not they play W101 as well.
Don't forget: Rasputin was the advisor, and apparently at least a decent actor.
Deceit seems to come natural to Spider's brood, so they can easily fool people.

Beyond that - on a D&D scale - I have a feeling bat is True Neutral, maybe the patron of Phule even. It seems natural that the next son might be a little rebellious. Maybe Bat will be more inclined to destruction as part of his personality, but I have a feeling that he's probably going to want to "play" with his "toys" a bit more. A fractured mind, or at least an incredibly ingenious personality.

What better way to get the Spiral to self destruct then to ignite a war between two spiral powerhouses, plunder the treasures of worlds leaving economy in shatters, and destroy the leader of the Armada, letting the bots go nuts.

If you think about it, Blind Mew ever so gently nudged us onto this destructive course. The same could be said of Avery, I realize, but at least you know what he wants - gold.

Also, I'm sorry for making it difficult to understand at first.