Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Avery really a good guy?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
Hey guys, I know this is crazy. I think Avery is secretly Kane. I think this for these reasons.

[1] look at how he moves, just like an armada soldier.

[2] he sends you on several suicide missions, and he is upset/suprised that you survived.

[3] you never see Avery and Kane at the same place.

[4] how does he know so much about the armada.

[5] they say Kane is smart, and Avery can't be dumb and run a whole skyway

Tarlac Percy lvl 65

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
The Swashbuckler on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys, I know this is crazy. I think Avery is secretly Kane. I think this for these reasons.

[1] look at how he moves, just like an armada soldier.

[2] he sends you on several suicide missions, and he is upset/suprised that you survived.

[3] you never see Avery and Kane at the same place.

[4] how does he know so much about the armada.

[5] they say Kane is smart, and Avery can't be dumb and run a whole skyway

Tarlac Percy lvl 65
1. Not really
2. It is natural to be surprised if you survived something dangerous (and he only sends you on dangerous missions because he can't being as he has to talk to newer pirates everyday and run a huge skyway)
3. You never see Blind Mew and Kane in the same place, doesn't make Blind Mew Kane.
4. I am sure it was big news and he is a Pirate captain afterall and also rumors spread through the skyways.
5. The fact that Avery needs to run a skyway almost proves he isn't Kane as how is he going to control the Armada from a place where new pirates go in every single day.

Also lets just think what would happen IF he was Kane.

1. He would capture us the moment we tried to seek refuge on Skull Island
2. Boochebeard and Gandry would have not broken us out of the Armada ship
3. He wouldnt let his crew (the class trainers) teach us anything to defend ourselves with

Unless you wan't to assume that he is only doing this to lower our guard which isn't likely so I must say
OBJECTION Kane cannot be or is unlikely Avery!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well I really really doubt that Avery is in fact Kane.

1)I've never actually seen Avery move around that much, every time I visit him he's just standing near his desk. Perhaps, Avery accidently glued his shoes the ground. And his socks to his shoes.

2)The Marleybonean Navy also sends us on several suicide missions, and are are surprised when we return. How often does one even see a 12 to 14 year old successfully captaining a crew of pirates?

3)You also never see Catbeard and Kane in the same place, or Hawkulese and Kane, or Ratbeard and Kane, in fact we have yet to even see Kane.

4)Avery fought during the Polarian war, possibly on Valencia's side as a privateer (historical privateer not pirate class) therefore, Avery probably knows a lot about the Armada because he once worked with them, just as Marleybone and Monquista have been allies with the Armada. Remember, the Armada wasn't always bad.

5)Kane is smarter than any living being, but, nobody has ever said that no living being is not smart. Yes Avery is smart, but so is Sara Steel, and Bonnie Anne, and Grace, Blind Mew, Mycroft, Meowartiy, and Sherlock Bones. There are many many intellegent beings in the spiral, simply being smart doesn't make one evil.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Blind Mew addressed this here over a year ago.Saying:
Avery - well, he is a Pirate, and a very successful one. So straight dealing and honesty is hardly his thing. Some of the fun we wanted to have in Pirate was to make our Merle Ambrose analogue the opposite of the kindly grandfather mentor. My intention is that in Book 4, once the threat of the Armada taking El Dorado emerges, he becomes more of a stand up guy. He doesn't really deceive you after that, I don't think. But you never know...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Avery is tricky, underhanded and not above pulling a fast one on a naïve pirate, this does not make him evil.
Is he Good? Well in the parameters of resisting a soulless, oppressive machine, yes he's good ( or at least on our side.)

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Given that he is currently sitting at the top of a slithering pile of disreputable pirates and depends heavily on child labor (orphans, at that) to do most of his dirty work, I'm going to go with no, no he is not a good guy.

I'm still peeved about that dirty trick with the raft trick of his, as well.

-Indigo

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I don't trust Avery. He is a lying and manipulative…pirate. Still, he's not really a bad guy. He did take us in and teach us, he helps us learn how to fight and survive as pirates. He is cutting us into the El Dorado scheme, though of course we are doing the hard work. And technically, we have never seen Kane. If someone is Kane just because he's never seen with him, anyone in the game could secretly be Kane. And that opens the door to a ridiculous amount of conspiracy theories.

Ensign
Jan 28, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
1. Not really
2. It is natural to be surprised if you survived something dangerous (and he only sends you on dangerous missions because he can't being as he has to talk to newer pirates everyday and run a huge skyway)
3. You never see Blind Mew and Kane in the same place, doesn't make Blind Mew Kane.
4. I am sure it was big news and he is a Pirate captain afterall and also rumors spread through the skyways.
5. The fact that Avery needs to run a skyway almost proves he isn't Kane as how is he going to control the Armada from a place where new pirates go in every single day.

Also lets just think what would happen IF he was Kane.

1. He would capture us the moment we tried to seek refuge on Skull Island
2. Boochebeard and Gandry would have not broken us out of the Armada ship
3. He wouldnt let his crew (the class trainers) teach us anything to defend ourselves with

Unless you wan't to assume that he is only doing this to lower our guard which isn't likely so I must say
OBJECTION Kane cannot be or is unlikely Avery!
Good point I guess I got jumpy. But that would put a great twist at the end of the plot

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Melody Fisher on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
I don't trust Avery. He is a lying and manipulative…pirate. Still, he's not really a bad guy. He did take us in and teach us, he helps us learn how to fight and survive as pirates. He is cutting us into the El Dorado scheme, though of course we are doing the hard work. And technically, we have never seen Kane. If someone is Kane just because he's never seen with him, anyone in the game could secretly be Kane. And that opens the door to a ridiculous amount of conspiracy theories.
Mormo is Kane!

Mormo: Wait what

Just kidding :P and while Avery is lying and manipulative, isn't that kinda what some pirates do?
The logic about the "just because they haven't been seen together, doesnt mean they are the same person" is very true.

On another note we never seen Chrissy with Kane so maybe they are *ko'd by lightning bolt*
Mormo: Well that should stop the conspiracy for awhile

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Mormo is Kane!

Mormo: Wait what

Just kidding :P and while Avery is lying and manipulative, isn't that kinda what some pirates do?
The logic about the "just because they haven't been seen together, doesnt mean they are the same person" is very true.

On another note we never seen Chrissy with Kane so maybe they are *ko'd by lightning bolt*
Mormo: Well that should stop the conspiracy for awhile
Buahahahhahaaha

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
No he is not
But he gave you a place to hideout from the armada
So we do favors for him

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
The chances of Avery being Kane are lower than the chances of Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne getting along for 5 minutes...

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
oh my G-O-S-H
thanks for the idea XD
-jamal heath lvl 44

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009

Well, I don't hold with most conspiracy theories, but that one, hmm...