Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

In total shock

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
I'm a huge fan of the beast pack companions. The idea of having one for each of my pirates has been a slight obsession of mine. I lucked out by getting Baar on my witchdoctor as soon as the packs were released. I added Laarn (privateer) and three Yohrs (swashbuckler) to my other pirates over time.

Of course, I love them all but I was a bit put out by continually getting Yohr when I wanted to try the others as well. Variety is the spice of life, eh?

At any rate, I recently started a sixth pirate who needed his own bear companion so I've been trying the packs. I just bought 4 and on the 4th one I got Baar! I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket right now. Two Baars!

I guess now I'll have to work on getting the ones I DON'T have on my pirates as well. I'm going to wind up with half a dozen Yohrs on each pirate, I just know it.

Thrifty Tiffany Webb 65
Fearless Fallon Webb 65
Black Bailey Webb 65
Salty Sonia Webb 65
Virtuous Vanessa Webb 65
Reckless Reed Webb 36

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I guess you can Baar-ly contain Yohr excitement! Atohr all I've tried, I haven't been able to get one. I've spent thousands of crowns but they still elude my grasp, that'll Laarn me!
If anyone can find a pun for Ghor and Khord, your welcome to try!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
I guess you can Baar-ly contain Yohr excitement! Atohr all I've tried, I haven't been able to get one. I've spent thousands of crowns but they still elude my grasp, that'll Laarn me!
That rivals Valkoor's puns by my a-khord!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
Here's one:
That is some GOHRious luck. You should reKHORD the number of packs it took you to get them.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Congratulations!!

I remain Baarless, alas.

But if I ask nicely Fiorenza lets me watch her Baar do the Weasel War Dance. That never grows old.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, I have it!
If I got one of these Ghor-geous bears, I'll play the a - Khord - ion!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
What rock have I been surfing on...I mean hiding under...to have missed such a Puntastic thread! Congrats to you Thrifty Tiffany Webb, that is Baarrrsome! (Make sure you say that with a Grizzled, Pirate-y snarrrl)

It is very exciting when you do get those pack companions & I admit to having a weakness for setting out for striking Pack Companion gold! Those packs put holes in my wallet, the likes of El Toro's horns Ghor-ing Ratbeard's cheese...hey, RB likes his Swiss! I was obsessed with trying to get all 6 Bears on 1 pirate, mostly because I only have time to play 1, & 2nd mostly because I am a glutton for punishment. Speaking of PUNishment!

Here's some Bearly known FACTS about our guests of honor...Da Bears!

• A-Khording to recent surveys, we have Laarned that the most popular vehicle of middle-aged bears is the Honda A-Khord. They're even given away (6 models) as random rewards in the Gas-ly BeastFaster Packs, found in the bears' favorite online game...Fisherman101!
  • Grizzly bears are quite competitive & often engage in contests of weight, wit & woot. A favorite contest of the bears is the Dislodged Morsel Dance Contest, where the contestants engage in their favorite dance move....the Grizzleheim-lich Maneuver. It requires 2 partners, 1 for the heavin' & 1 for the relievin'. Not to be confused with the matching wits game called Dis Lodge or Dat Lodge (highly intense). They also partake in verbal sparring sessions & 2 of their favorite contests are the 'Yohr Mamma is so Hairy' & the 'Who's Yohr Papa Bear...no...really, who?' contests. Just sit back and watch the fur fly!
  • One of the most reoccurring injuries among slightly over-hyBaarnated Bears is Atohrn hamstring. And most obtained illness...Salmon-ill-a. It's twue, it's twue!
  • In the year 2000, every single Grizzleheim bear voted for Al Ghor, for president....
  • An old bear, can Laarn new tricks!
  • Atohr is a well known Lawyer back in Grizzleheim. Yep, in a recent race against the other Bears, he finally passed the Baar!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
Ok, I have it!
If I got one of these Ghor-geous bears, I'll play the a - Khord - ion!
Now KI has to design an accordion weapon just in case.

Not a fan of accordions; they'd make a great weapon. Those and bagpipes that shoot darts out of the pipes...

Congrats on the two Baars, Tiffany!

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
No way I can compete! Y'all are too witty.

Thanks for the giggles everyone!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In our D&D games, the wise DM docks experience points every time someone puns...

In honor of today's sale, Dark Griffen Orne went to buy some Grizzly Beast packs and found Baar on the 4th one. Huzzah!

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
In our D&D games, the wise DM docks experience points every time someone puns...

In honor of today's sale, Dark Griffen Orne went to buy some Grizzly Beast packs and found Baar on the 4th one. Huzzah!

-Indigo
Our DM awarded experience points for really good puns...
Excellent news!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:

-Indigo
Hmmm....must be why I don't play D&D anymore and do play P101-- where the puns are a-flowin'! Good thing pirates have a more 'sophisticated' sense of humor. Yeah...you can easily substitute 'simple' or 'scurvy' or 'soggy' or 'salty' or 'shameless' for sophisticated.

Congrats on getting Baar, Indigo! He's one beast of a bear and will surely make your Captain proud. I'm hoping to hit the sale hot-n-heavy in a bit, as well. Wishing to get some of my younger pirates a new crew member...or two...or three...or...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So a bit of good news for my other pirates, slightly bad news for my bank account.

Across my 5 lower level pirates I was able to wrangle up 5 more bears-- 2 Baars, 2 Laarns and 1 Ghor. So now each pirate has a Bear for a bud! Now I just need to get them all 1 Dino each.

I sure hope there's a Crowns sale soon. OH WAIT!!!.................

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yeah, usually the Crown Sales and the Pack sales don't overlap... this time they are really tempting us.

Congrats on the bear proliferation!

-Indigo

P.S.: "A pun does not commonly justify a blow in return. But if a blow were given for such cause, and death ensued, the jury would be judges both of the facts and of the pun, and might, if the latter were of an aggravated character, return a verdict of justifiable homicide". -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (1858)