I'm really cheesed off now guys!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 17, 2011
17
Okay, I dont mean to sound like some whiney little kid, but I"M SUPER MAD RIGHT NOW!!
So bear that in mind for what I'm going to say-well type anyways. There I was at my laptop, tapping away at the keys endless ideas for my new post: Hawkules vs Subodai: A battle gone wrong (hint: Catbeard is involved! uh-oh things can get pretty messy) after about two and a half hours, I'm finally done. So I scroll down and click the submit button. But to my greatest, most immense horror and woe this is what pops up on my screen: Sorry, but you need to be logged in to submit post. I feel like was just told Ulysses house was stolen again and I had to do it all over again. I MEAN COME ON!!! IT TOOK ME 2 AND A HALF HOURS, PLUS I WAS LOGGED IN AND I WAS LOGGED IN AND EVERYTHING!!

elagtghiN eloC sselthuR (try to figure out my REAL name!)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a glitch. You should go on the bilge pump and report this. And probably contact KI to. And two and a half hours, sounds a little long. Might want to shorten it.

And is your name ruthless cole nightgale?

Guess mine jkca hgntilega ( if your having trouble look on any of my other posts, it has my signature.

Jkca hgntilega lvl 61 buccaneer

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
449
Is your real name Ruthless Cole nightingale

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
One eyed Fox on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I dont mean to sound like some whiney little kid, but I"M SUPER MAD RIGHT NOW!!
So bear that in mind for what I'm going to say-well type anyways. There I was at my laptop, tapping away at the keys endless ideas for my new post: Hawkules vs Subodai: A battle gone wrong (hint: Catbeard is involved! uh-oh things can get pretty messy) after about two and a half hours, I'm finally done. So I scroll down and click the submit button. But to my greatest, most immense horror and woe this is what pops up on my screen: Sorry, but you need to be logged in to submit post. I feel like was just told Ulysses house was stolen again and I had to do it all over again. I MEAN COME ON!!! IT TOOK ME 2 AND A HALF HOURS, PLUS I WAS LOGGED IN AND I WAS LOGGED IN AND EVERYTHING!!

elagtghiN eloC sselthuR (try to figure out my REAL name!)
Hello Ruthless Cole Nightgale, here is a tip on the PHP thread about the very problem you speak of. Click on the purple here is a tip link and it should take you to page 6 of the PHP thread. The third post from the top (called Message Board Tip: Copy That) will give you some helpful tips on how to keep this from happening in the future. It has happened to me many times before using the tips. It is definitely frustrating when you lose your entire post without even knowing it will happen.

If you have any problems using or following the tips, please leave a post with questions on this thread and I will try to help you. If you have questions about how to copy and paste, I can help explain that too.

Hope this helps and sorry about all your hard work being deleted.

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One eyed Fox on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I dont mean to sound like some whiney little kid, but I"M SUPER MAD RIGHT NOW!!
So bear that in mind for what I'm going to say-well type anyways. There I was at my laptop, tapping away at the keys endless ideas for my new post: Hawkules vs Subodai: A battle gone wrong (hint: Catbeard is involved! uh-oh things can get pretty messy) after about two and a half hours, I'm finally done. So I scroll down and click the submit button. But to my greatest, most immense horror and woe this is what pops up on my screen: Sorry, but you need to be logged in to submit post. I feel like was just told Ulysses house was stolen again and I had to do it all over again. I MEAN COME ON!!! IT TOOK ME 2 AND A HALF HOURS, PLUS I WAS LOGGED IN AND I WAS LOGGED IN AND EVERYTHING!!

elagtghiN eloC sselthuR (try to figure out my REAL name!)
Yea this problem has come up in PHP thread and the Message board suggestions thread. Many of us have learned this lesson the hard way and as we mention on Pirates Helping Pirates and the Message Board thread, Always do a 'copy' just before you submit just in case you got logged off for inactivity. I wish the computer would count keystrokes as 'activity' but they don't yet. I have been logged off while shopping in the bazaar when I was comparing prices of stuff and comparing what was there and what I had in my bank. I was plenty busy but as the system counts movement not keystrokes, it happens. Very annoying yes, but until they can figure out how to get around it, we just learn to play it safe and always copy stuff first. Because of my age, I remember computers before the days of auto save and lost many a document because I had forgotten to periodically do a 'save' It only takes getting burned by this once to sear this lesson into your heart. Just one of those "Dangea, Dangea, Dangea" areas of dealing with the beast called computer.
(Yes I can spell, I was going for the accent there. )

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
One eyed Fox on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I dont mean to sound like some whiney little kid, but I"M SUPER MAD RIGHT NOW!!
So bear that in mind for what I'm going to say-well type anyways. There I was at my laptop, tapping away at the keys endless ideas for my new post: Hawkules vs Subodai: A battle gone wrong (hint: Catbeard is involved! uh-oh things can get pretty messy) after about two and a half hours, I'm finally done. So I scroll down and click the submit button. But to my greatest, most immense horror and woe this is what pops up on my screen: Sorry, but you need to be logged in to submit post. I feel like was just told Ulysses house was stolen again and I had to do it all over again. I MEAN COME ON!!! IT TOOK ME 2 AND A HALF HOURS, PLUS I WAS LOGGED IN AND I WAS LOGGED IN AND EVERYTHING!!

elagtghiN eloC sselthuR (try to figure out my REAL name!)
Ruthless cole nightingale

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Yea this problem has come up in PHP thread and the Message board suggestions thread. Many of us have learned this lesson the hard way and as we mention on Pirates Helping Pirates and the Message Board thread, Always do a 'copy' just before you submit just in case you got logged off for inactivity. I wish the computer would count keystrokes as 'activity' but they don't yet. I have been logged off while shopping in the bazaar when I was comparing prices of stuff and comparing what was there and what I had in my bank. I was plenty busy but as the system counts movement not keystrokes, it happens. Very annoying yes, but until they can figure out how to get around it, we just learn to play it safe and always copy stuff first. Because of my age, I remember computers before the days of auto save and lost many a document because I had forgotten to periodically do a 'save' It only takes getting burned by this once to sear this lesson into your heart. Just one of those "Dangea, Dangea, Dangea" areas of dealing with the beast called computer.
(Yes I can spell, I was going for the accent there. )
I hear ya, I too am of that 'long ago, far away' time period. It was definitely a different computer back then- back when the tower, monitor and keyboard nearly took up the whole desk. They are much more sophisticated and user friendly now but along with all that technology comes, at least for me, a lot more confusion and many more things to learn.

I didn't realize that you could be logged off while shopping and doing all that inventory searching. I must have just missed being logged off because I too spend a lot of time perusing the bazaar's inventory and looking through my bank and pack. Nice to know.

Administrator
Just wanted to let you all know that I've been working with the Message Board gurus for some improvements to keeping players logged in while actively typing on the Message Boards. Give us a bit to implement this feature, and hopefully you'll have to do much less copying and pasting into Notepad while constructing your posts.

Thank you all for your feedback.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know that I've been working with the Message Board gurus for some improvements to keeping players logged in while actively typing on the Message Boards. Give us a bit to implement this feature, and hopefully you'll have to do much less copying and pasting into Notepad while constructing your posts.

Thank you all for your feedback.
Thank you Jack, that is great news to hear. We appreciate all that you do for us here on the boards. Your efforts do not go unnoticed. We are grateful for all that you, the developers, programmers, administrators and all the other hard working employees at Kingsisle do for us.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
586
I be feeling your pain friend happened to me a couple of times before but then I managed to come up with something, I'm sure you'll come up with something and prevail mate.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
May 17, 2011
17
Wow, thx everyone for the tips and stuff so next time I'll know to copy and paste into notepad.
Also, thanks a lot One Eyed Jack for the heads up about the future updates to the message boards.

P.S: You're all right my name IS Ruthless Cole Nightgale!

lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know that I've been working with the Message Board gurus for some improvements to keeping players logged in while actively typing on the Message Boards. Give us a bit to implement this feature, and hopefully you'll have to do much less copying and pasting into Notepad while constructing your posts.

Thank you all for your feedback.
Yea Jack I just knew you would already be out there looking out for us. Thanks so much.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
One eyed Fox on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Wow, thx everyone for the tips and stuff so next time I'll know to copy and paste into notepad.
Also, thanks a lot One Eyed Jack for the heads up about the future updates to the message boards.

P.S: You're all right my name IS Ruthless Cole Nightgale!

lv 65
One other option besides actually copying to notepad, is just to simply click and drag your entire post to highlight it. Right click the mouse, select copy then hit the submit button. If you get logged off and redirected to the home page, find the thread or post you want to respond to. Click the reply button, right click in the message field and select paste from the options- your post will appear. You have to type any 1 letter on the keyboard before moving the mouse prompt or before clicking the mouse. Just erase that letter and your post will be there. Then just hit submit! If you don't type 1 letter the post will 'disappear' when you click the mouse or move the prompt- your post will still be copied, so paste it again and then type and erase the letter.

This way you don't have to actually open notepad or transfer the text or post back and forth. It is a very quick, fast and reliable way that literally takes a couple seconds and saves your hard work from being banished to oblivion. By doing this you can avoid the following scenario in the order it appears.