If Wizard101 or Pirate101 Ended

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 06, 2009
372
What would you do if either one of the games became none exsistent?

I mean this in 3 senarios:

1. Wizard101 looses multiple players due to a lose of fun in the story line, questing etc.
2. Kingsisle runs into finacial problems and cannot support both games.
3. The games reach the end of any expansions.

Yes, the majority of these senarios won't really happen (from most comments #1 seems likely), but I just wanted to understand how some would feel if these games just didn't continue or anything. I don't believe anyone would really want to see either game go but a sense of "I saw that coming. They should've just listened to what we suggested" seems inevitable.

I can't see the games going anytime soon as Pirate101 is fairly new and Wizard101 was what pretty much founded Kingsisle. Without that, you kinda loose living gaming history.

Anyway, bottom line, how would you feel if either of the games left? Would you be sad? Upset? Indifferent? Would you have seen it coming? Or would you just be shocked it could happen?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
505
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
What would you do if either one of the games became none exsistent?

I mean this in 3 senarios:

1. Wizard101 looses multiple players due to a lose of fun in the story line, questing etc.
2. Kingsisle runs into finacial problems and cannot support both games.
3. The games reach the end of any expansions.

Yes, the majority of these senarios won't really happen (from most comments #1 seems likely), but I just wanted to understand how some would feel if these games just didn't continue or anything. I don't believe anyone would really want to see either game go but a sense of "I saw that coming. They should've just listened to what we suggested" seems inevitable.

I can't see the games going anytime soon as Pirate101 is fairly new and Wizard101 was what pretty much founded Kingsisle. Without that, you kinda loose living gaming history.

Anyway, bottom line, how would you feel if either of the games left? Would you be sad? Upset? Indifferent? Would you have seen it coming? Or would you just be shocked it could happen?
I got a feeling after we finally defeat the Armada there could be no more to it or maybe they're can be. Krokotopia, Dragonspyre, and Darkmoor and not Wizard City although I want it to be that because this is a magical storyline but wizards and pirates don't mix but there can be crossovers. Where new evil is coming and you think you have a nice time in the skyway's you find out there's new evil. This time it's someone you never thought was coming. ME, jk, jk, so who is this one actually and Cap. Avery told you this. Then you go to Vamaida's place because Cap. Avery told you to. Well you find out that Old Scratch is part of the Drake family. You're like who's that? Vamadia explains the Drake family has Malistare Drake, the leader of the raids, Cyrus Drake, Myth School teacher at Wizard City, Sylvia Drake, Wife of Malistare's and Old Scratch. When I was at Pigswick Academy I found out who he was. I'm not going to tell you because you may not want to be a Pirate anymore. Your Pirates say's I can always go to Krokotopia to find out more. The manders know of the wizards. I'm doomed! Cap. Avery will fire me and I might as well go be a teacher at Pigswick Academy. Hey Manders. Hi Young Pirate. What do you need, a book? Yes plz. I want a book on wizards. Wizards, eh? Pirate's consider that a silly civilization but you can read about it. It has some of the creation of the spiral. You read the book. blah blah blah... Merle Ambrose found Bartleby blah blah blah they formed Wizard City. Nice to know you say to yourself but I wonder who this Merle is. Hey could you tell me about Merle? I know him a myth wizard say, come with me to Wizard City. No. I don't wish to see that place cause it doesn't interest me but who is the Drakes. Oh then, I will tell you but Malistare has been wrecking up the place. Oh really? Yes and he wrecked Mooshu. I've been there. You have? Wow so can you help me. I could help you with your quest but thus I must not see Malistare as he's a wizard and he's a mean one. Who's Cyrus? Oh, he's my teacher but he's mean for a bit then he'll be nice. Oh and I'm a Pirate, feared throughout the spiral. The one, the only, your pirates name. Oh so then I expect Cyrus will want to see you. K? K From there on you must find out the rest of the story line yourself. Special note KI, the first quest will be called Who Are the Drakes? I know Wizard's and Pirate's must not collide but this is for saving Vamdia's homeland.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
388
The fun was destroyed in Wizard101, so I probably would not even bat an eyelash if Wizard101 went down.

I'd probably be a little annoyed if Pirate101 went down, but in all honestly, I am doing just fine not playing it. Although, I do plan on getting back online and getting closer to finally finishing Mooshu.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
74
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
What would you do if either one of the games became none exsistent?

I mean this in 3 senarios:

1. Wizard101 looses multiple players due to a lose of fun in the story line, questing etc.
2. Kingsisle runs into finacial problems and cannot support both games.
3. The games reach the end of any expansions.

Yes, the majority of these senarios won't really happen (from most comments #1 seems likely), but I just wanted to understand how some would feel if these games just didn't continue or anything. I don't believe anyone would really want to see either game go but a sense of "I saw that coming. They should've just listened to what we suggested" seems inevitable.

I can't see the games going anytime soon as Pirate101 is fairly new and Wizard101 was what pretty much founded Kingsisle. Without that, you kinda loose living gaming history.

Anyway, bottom line, how would you feel if either of the games left? Would you be sad? Upset? Indifferent? Would you have seen it coming? Or would you just be shocked it could happen?
I've been a Kingisle member since 2010, and I don't know what I'll do without Pirate101 or Wizard101. As I soon concluded after reading some reviews on Wizard101 and defeating Maliastaire Wizard101 kinda just got boring. But then, yet again these aren't from my own personal experiences. By losing P101 and W101 would be a HUGE disappointment. P101 and W101 always took me out of my boredom now what am I suppose to do in my free time.

In the end, I can't possibly see P101 or W101 ever failing to make there games better. Possibly, in my case I see possibly another Kingisle game coming the mere future. It's too early to know for sure. And who knows, it;s only the beginning of Pirate101, there may be more yet to come. As the game gets more popular, KI may be able to put more commercials out there and Pirate101 will be more publicize at ever. And I doubt very much P101 or W101 will ever end. There too good of games to ever end.

P101 and W101 will become popular over the years.

Ensign
May 17, 2011
49
For wizard101, my expression would go like this:. I mean seriously, besides all the complaints from higher level players, lots of people join it everyday and the marketing is spot-on. I wouldn't be to sad, though. Just a little.
For pirate101:. I would DIE. And it does seem a bit impossible, giving the awesomeness.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
1
If pirate 101 died, then i would say repeatedly "fail!" in real life, and cry. But i quit wizard 101, so if wizard 101 died, then i would be sad if i played it again, but i would not be sad if i just continue pirate 101 and not wizard 101.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
372
Shiningfantasia on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
The fun was destroyed in Wizard101, so I probably would not even bat an eyelash if Wizard101 went down.

I'd probably be a little annoyed if Pirate101 went down, but in all honestly, I am doing just fine not playing it. Although, I do plan on getting back online and getting closer to finally finishing Mooshu.
"Fun is in the eye of the beholder"
I don't really think the fun was ever destroyed in Wizard101 in just switched in terms of target and difficulty. Look I'm not gonna sit here and bore you with fruitless enticements to waver you back into that game but I do wish to make my point.

From some what i've dug up, it would seem that the "fun" you refer to ended really at Wizard101's first four starting worlds. It was close to a year before Dragonspyre was finally released. During that time and further updates, Kingsisle probably noticed the drop off they're original targets. I doubt they ever wanted to leave behind any of the casual players that seem to be the family but the families where already leaving them. So they were left with what looks to be those remaining players, the make-it-through-it casuals, the hardcore, and my term "survivors" (ppl who aren't quite casual nor are they hard core).

I still play and prefer Wizard101. Don't get me wrong I like Pirate101 and I'll play it whenever I can, but I've just been playing W101 longer (a little after the voiceover update), and it just has grown on me.

The only reason I see a majority of the long term players leaving or just some players like you not having fun is a couple of these reasons:

*Starting worlds at the typical start point (Celestia 48-50, Zafaria 58-60 etc.)
*After four or less years of playing you realize it's time to call it a quit (which is typical)
*NO ONE IS DOING GRIZZLEHIEM AND WINTERTUSK!!!!!!!!!
*Game just ain't fun to you
*People starting a little to early or no one waits a little while
*Side quests are non-existant to you (which promote more xp and leveling up)

Anyway, for me personally I'm content with either game and would hate to see either go. You have your opinion and I have mine. If we're making our selves happy, then I don't really care.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
388
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
"Fun is in the eye of the beholder"
I don't really think the fun was ever destroyed in Wizard101 in just switched in terms of target and difficulty. Look I'm not gonna sit here and bore you with fruitless enticements to waver you back into that game but I do wish to make my point.

From some what i've dug up, it would seem that the "fun" you refer to ended really at Wizard101's first four starting worlds. It was close to a year before Dragonspyre was finally released. During that time and further updates, Kingsisle probably noticed the drop off they're original targets. I doubt they ever wanted to leave behind any of the casual players that seem to be the family but the families where already leaving them. So they were left with what looks to be those remaining players, the make-it-through-it casuals, the hardcore, and my term "survivors" (ppl who aren't quite casual nor are they hard core).

I still play and prefer Wizard101. Don't get me wrong I like Pirate101 and I'll play it whenever I can, but I've just been playing W101 longer (a little after the voiceover update), and it just has grown on me.

The only reason I see a majority of the long term players leaving or just some players like you not having fun is a couple of these reasons:

*Starting worlds at the typical start point (Celestia 48-50, Zafaria 58-60 etc.)
*After four or less years of playing you realize it's time to call it a quit (which is typical)
*NO ONE IS DOING GRIZZLEHIEM AND WINTERTUSK!!!!!!!!!
*Game just ain't fun to you
*People starting a little to early or no one waits a little while
*Side quests are non-existant to you (which promote more xp and leveling up)

Anyway, for me personally I'm content with either game and would hate to see either go. You have your opinion and I have mine. If we're making our selves happy, then I don't really care.
No worries. I am entertained by all replies and opinions thrown in my way. Or in my general direction.

I am one of those few that simply don't like questing indefinitely. I am a grinder. I am now level 50 in pirate101, have not even gotten halfway through Mooshu, and am quite bored. I hate doing nothing but quests.

The real reason I quit Wizard101 is because gameplay FORCES you to conform to a certain type of play in order to even survive. I have no more fun in Wizard101, just because I can no longer walk around with my Storm wizard and his 100%+ damage boost. I'd get killed around every corner, wherever I go, whatever I do.

Because monsters have 10+ pips at.... err, let me stop here berfore I just get carried away. xD

The only reason I remained online in Wizard101 for the last year was because of my mom, and because of booster packs and special mounts obtained through them and the crown shop. Flying on my Owl, running on my wolf, lifting off with a newly obtained phoenix mount, just awesome. Gameplay however, just made my future self turn in my future grave. Shame. Well, past Celestia, that is. Maybe, just for the heck of it, I will continue on with my Life wizard (only wizard left that sparks any kind of motivation in me) only to be stonewalled at a late... naaah. :P

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
109
If Wizard101 ended, I wouldn't really care. The fun in that game was lost two years ago when Celestia came out. Adding criticals and blocks and all that other stuff got way too confusing, and PvP was a mess. Most of the majority on that game now can be rude, and many will deceive you, or yell at you for winning a PvP match.

Pirate101? Yes I would be disappointed. It's generic and new, and everyone I have met so far are nice and helpful. The areas aren't too crowded, the game doesn't lag much, and the art style beats wizard101 by far. PvP has a much better chance of surviving on this game.

But Kingsisle, please, I beg of you. Don't start making PvP a mess. Don't add a bunch of confusing things in combat that when you try to hit a boss it can amount to zero.

"If it aint' broke don't fix it"

This game is definitely not broken.

Ruthless Anthony
level 10 buccaneer

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
52
One of the founders of KI has stated that financially they are doing better then ever and better than expected. So I don't see the financial scenario coming true any time soon. As far as either game closing due to lack of players, I think everyone would see that coming. If you go from a game where the tops 5 realms are always Crowded or Full to all of them saying Perfect, it would be obvious. How would I feel? I would think it was a loss of a great game, but I would move on. My life is based outside the CPU, not inside. Gaming is a diversion, nothing more. And I can always find another diversion.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
372
Ruthless Anthony on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
If Wizard101 ended, I wouldn't really care. The fun in that game was lost two years ago when Celestia came out. Adding criticals and blocks and all that other stuff got way too confusing, and PvP was a mess. Most of the majority on that game now can be rude, and many will deceive you, or yell at you for winning a PvP match.

Pirate101? Yes I would be disappointed. It's generic and new, and everyone I have met so far are nice and helpful. The areas aren't too crowded, the game doesn't lag much, and the art style beats wizard101 by far. PvP has a much better chance of surviving on this game.

But Kingsisle, please, I beg of you. Don't start making PvP a mess. Don't add a bunch of confusing things in combat that when you try to hit a boss it can amount to zero.

"If it aint' broke don't fix it"

This game is definitely not broken.

Ruthless Anthony
level 10 buccaneer
In Wizard101, had criticals and critical blocks not come around, the damage for spells would, at Celestia's point in time, been have been very insignificant because in that game we'd be entering worlds with bosses have 10,000-30,000 health. Now, spending a couple of rounds shielding and powering up spells is more worth whiled then relying on criticals (but it comes in handy for heals). In my opinion, mobs in that game shouldn't have universal block but high block to their own school and schools that boost to them (save that for the bosses). (I'd explain it more, but as you said all that got kinda confusing so i won't waste your time on that matter.)

Yes, I've seen the majority of the groups of people on that game have become very needy, unappreciative, and frankly rude or just kinda weird so I simply stopped entertaining the social side of both games because I don't want to end up in those scenarios and they're extremely distracting from my questing and further advancements in the story of the game. (Eh, that's just me )

Of course, Pirate101 is new ! It just came out five months ago. I'm sure many said that about Wizard101 and in about 2-3 years we'll call it old and boring (I promise you these updates would come out by the seconds because Pirate101's update system runs much faster than Wizard101 due to the fact that Wizard101 has already mapped out everything. We'll probably be in/or close to El Dorado, if no side worlds come too frequently, by 2015-16. But I've been wrong before lol ).

I can agree with you Pirate101 has better graphics, but please give Wizard101 some credit. Had Wizard101 not come along, this game would not be as grand as it is. Wizard101 mapped out everything for this game so it would, by nature, be better (it just happens in history). Wizard101 didn't start using these types of graphics until, I believe, Wysteria was added and every update just followed that artwork afterwards (no wait i think it was the Mega Bundle lol I don't remember.) I can just tell you from Wysteria to Azteca the graphics in both games seem more detailed and similiar.

As long as critical block doesn't come along, there is little I could see going wrong for this game (Criticals with no way to dodge it?! That's what makes things sweet ). Cheats are kinda already here, and the health is...managable/not bad.

Again, please remember, this game just came out. In time, it will (and I mean it will) gain popularity and things will become a pit crowded (thank you, empty realms!). PvP will probably shake up a bit with new styles of fighting (like breaking objects, Ship PvP!, and new world PVP areas), but for the most part as long as you don't go up against someone 40 levels ahead you (that goes for both games!), you're pretty much fine (I'm not a PvP expert though. But I would suggest watching out for the damage of Swashbucklers, the resist of Buccaneers, and the immune/absorb power of Privateers).

Cunning Finnigan Sharp

Level 12 Swashbuckler (for now... lol)

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
109
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
In Wizard101, had criticals and critical blocks not come around, the damage for spells would, at Celestia's point in time, been have been very insignificant because in that game we'd be entering worlds with bosses have 10,000-30,000 health. Now, spending a couple of rounds shielding and powering up spells is more worth whiled then relying on criticals (but it comes in handy for heals). In my opinion, mobs in that game shouldn't have universal block but high block to their own school and schools that boost to them (save that for the bosses). (I'd explain it more, but as you said all that got kinda confusing so i won't waste your time on that matter.)

Yes, I've seen the majority of the groups of people on that game have become very needy, unappreciative, and frankly rude or just kinda weird so I simply stopped entertaining the social side of both games because I don't want to end up in those scenarios and they're extremely distracting from my questing and further advancements in the story of the game. (Eh, that's just me )

Of course, Pirate101 is new ! It just came out five months ago. I'm sure many said that about Wizard101 and in about 2-3 years we'll call it old and boring (I promise you these updates would come out by the seconds because Pirate101's update system runs much faster than Wizard101 due to the fact that Wizard101 has already mapped out everything. We'll probably be in/or close to El Dorado, if no side worlds come too frequently, by 2015-16. But I've been wrong before lol ).

I can agree with you Pirate101 has better graphics, but please give Wizard101 some credit. Had Wizard101 not come along, this game would not be as grand as it is. Wizard101 mapped out everything for this game so it would, by nature, be better (it just happens in history). Wizard101 didn't start using these types of graphics until, I believe, Wysteria was added and every update just followed that artwork afterwards (no wait i think it was the Mega Bundle lol I don't remember.) I can just tell you from Wysteria to Azteca the graphics in both games seem more detailed and similiar.

As long as critical block doesn't come along, there is little I could see going wrong for this game (Criticals with no way to dodge it?! That's what makes things sweet ). Cheats are kinda already here, and the health is...managable/not bad.

Again, please remember, this game just came out. In time, it will (and I mean it will) gain popularity and things will become a pit crowded (thank you, empty realms!). PvP will probably shake up a bit with new styles of fighting (like breaking objects, Ship PvP!, and new world PVP areas), but for the most part as long as you don't go up against someone 40 levels ahead you (that goes for both games!), you're pretty much fine (I'm not a PvP expert though. But I would suggest watching out for the damage of Swashbucklers, the resist of Buccaneers, and the immune/absorb power of Privateers).

Cunning Finnigan Sharp

Level 12 Swashbuckler (for now... lol)
Thank you

I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree with everything, and I did enjoy Wizard101 for awhile. I don't hate it now, but I just found it too... complicated. I wasn't much of a PvP person on it, and I was confused by the percentages of critical and critical block, and how some bosses or even wizards had near universal block with 100% chance of getting a power pip or casting a spell.

All things aside, your words were perfect!