Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If promotion appearances could be reverted...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
So I have been thinking about some of the mid-tier companion promotion appearances, and I was wondering what you guys would use if you could pick whatever companion promotion appearance you wanted. Some companions have promotions that simply make them look way better like it's some level 1 noob vs level 100 boss meme but others make me go "meh."

First guy I would change would be Tyson, I just like his first promotion better. In his first promotion he really looks like some old timey boxer but then in the second one he looks like he's getting ready for his WWE debut. I dunno, I just prefer the old timey one.

Second would be Martin Valvida, I don't like his head being on fire.

Third would be Bonnie, I've grown fond of her Sniper appearance since I haven't promoted her on my Witchdoctor for PvP reasons and wouldn't mind it on my other classes.

Fourth would be the Toreador, I just don't like the hat he gets.

Finally, the Ninja Pig. I recently was lucky enough to somehow get one and I am hesitant to promote him since I really love that classic Ninja Pig look. I think I am gonna finally do it soon because he needs those epic talents but losing the classic Ninja Pig look is what inspired me to make this thread.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 28, 2019 wrote:
So I have been thinking about some of the mid-tier companion promotion appearances, and I was wondering what you guys would use if you could pick whatever companion promotion appearance you wanted. Some companions have promotions that simply make them look way better like it's some level 1 noob vs level 100 boss meme but others make me go "meh."

First guy I would change would be Tyson, I just like his first promotion better. In his first promotion he really looks like some old timey boxer but then in the second one he looks like he's getting ready for his WWE debut. I dunno, I just prefer the old timey one.

Second would be Martin Valvida, I don't like his head being on fire.

Third would be Bonnie, I've grown fond of her Sniper appearance since I haven't promoted her on my Witchdoctor for PvP reasons and wouldn't mind it on my other classes.

Fourth would be the Toreador, I just don't like the hat he gets.

Finally, the Ninja Pig. I recently was lucky enough to somehow get one and I am hesitant to promote him since I really love that classic Ninja Pig look. I think I am gonna finally do it soon because he needs those epic talents but losing the classic Ninja Pig look is what inspired me to make this thread.
I can understand that some players don't like some of their companion's promoted appearances: I don't like Birgus' final promotion look. But in future promotions their looks will change again and maybe we'll see something we like.
For example Mustang Sally's level 70 promotion - I think she looks great!
The Toreador is wearing the traditional hat of a bull fighter, there's nothing KI can do about that - it comes with the costume.

That you don't like a certain appearance is no reason to neglect a companion's promotion! ( Forgive me, but that seems very silly to me. )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yeah, I was never a fan of Milo Greytail's new wig at his last promotion...