Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

If A 6th Class Of Pirates Was Added

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
Multiple people here have posted ideas for a 6th class of pirates, and most of the ideas had problems, either they were too much like a previous class, or they didn't account for non-transferable pack companions, today I hope to solve that problem. Before I give my solution I want to say I do not support a 6th class being added currently, however if it was done right I might could support it.

My idea for a 6th class would be for a "Freezer" type class that relied on making sure opponents never got to them, this class would have lower than average stats but would have a lot of special powers that were designed to prevent enemies getting to them and gradually doing damage during the process. 1 of these powers could cause their turn and their opponents turn to be frozen where neither could use any powers or talents.

If a 6th class like this was implemented I think it would be cool to have no companions or enemies for this class, aside from 1 class-specific companion comparable to Chantal, Fan Flanders, Grimtooth, Marchioness, and Peter Quint. I think it would be fitting for this class-specific companion to be a Penguin. This would make pirates of this class feel special.

In order for me to support a 6th pirate class being added I would either like pack companions to be made transferable, or even better, Kingsisle added a 7th character to slot to both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101.

What does everyone think of this idea?

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
142
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
Multiple people here have posted ideas for a 6th class of pirates, and most of the ideas had problems, either they were too much like a previous class, or they didn't account for non-transferable pack companions, today I hope to solve that problem. Before I give my solution I want to say I do not support a 6th class being added currently, however if it was done right I might could support it.

My idea for a 6th class would be for a "Freezer" type class that relied on making sure opponents never got to them, this class would have lower than average stats but would have a lot of special powers that were designed to prevent enemies getting to them and gradually doing damage during the process. 1 of these powers could cause their turn and their opponents turn to be frozen where neither could use any powers or talents.

If a 6th class like this was implemented I think it would be cool to have no companions or enemies for this class, aside from 1 class-specific companion comparable to Chantal, Fan Flanders, Grimtooth, Marchioness, and Peter Quint. I think it would be fitting for this class-specific companion to be a Penguin. This would make pirates of this class feel special.

In order for me to support a 6th pirate class being added I would either like pack companions to be made transferable, or even better, Kingsisle added a 7th character to slot to both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101.

What does everyone think of this idea?
Remember, we're talking about Pirates here, why would a Pirate even bother with 'freezing' their enemy when they could just get 'em with swords, daggers, guns or black magic? The idea is sorta iffy in itself, like most ideas for a 6th class, admittedly, but i don't think it really fits with Pirates either.

Ensign
Jul 20, 2011
13
Angel Angle The Li... on Aug 6, 2018 wrote:
Remember, we're talking about Pirates here, why would a Pirate even bother with 'freezing' their enemy when they could just get 'em with swords, daggers, guns or black magic? The idea is sorta iffy in itself, like most ideas for a 6th class, admittedly, but i don't think it really fits with Pirates either.
I gotta agree with you. While a freezing ability would be nice and so would a 7th character slot and penguin companion, this entire class idea doesn't really fit into a pirate style.

There aren't any ideas for a 6th class that I can think of, nor that I believe could be made.
Most ideas loop right back to the fact that other classes have a ability that gets rid of that entire idea.
That, and a pirate with no companions at all (except 1) would completely change the story and a entire different script for the story would have to be made specifically for the class.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
Joshamongus on Aug 26, 2018 wrote:
I gotta agree with you. While a freezing ability would be nice and so would a 7th character slot and penguin companion, this entire class idea doesn't really fit into a pirate style.

There aren't any ideas for a 6th class that I can think of, nor that I believe could be made.
Most ideas loop right back to the fact that other classes have a ability that gets rid of that entire idea.
That, and a pirate with no companions at all (except 1) would completely change the story and a entire different script for the story would have to be made specifically for the class.
In case you misread what I said, I said this class would only get 1 companion of their class. They would still get other companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9625
If a sixth or seventh class were added there would have to be a major re-write of the player creation process. This would just add more time and work on KI that could be better dedicated to a updated storyline. Besides, no one would want to play a class with no recruitment of crew ( or just the one companion ).

It's very difficult to imagine an unique class of pirate that doesn't include aspects of the current classes. This is why it's unlikely to happen.
Then there is the problem of the players who have been playing since day1; with all their pirate slots filled and having non-tradeable items, houses, ships & companions - how can they get into the action if a sixth class is added?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
172
lets be a bit more reasonable. a Freezer class? i dont see that flying. what would fly though is an Engineer type class. they'd be melee cause they use a wrench which is classified as a "Fixy Weapon" and while the weapon would be in the middle of the road for damage an Engineer's main gimmick is making machines (like Bishop) and support teammates. Gracie would be an example of this. she has two Engineer like powers. Land Mine and War Golem. the Engineer class could make construct summons and turrets like Bishop's Clockwork ones. and unlike normal summons, the Engineer can command his construct summons like a crew. and another thing the Engineer could do is by interacting with their machines they'd repair them for a portion of health. the constructs would be various designs based on level.

Wind-Up Frog: lvl 1-10
Mechanical Bird: lvl 11-20
Tin Shark: lvl 21-30
a literal Brass Monkey: lvl 31-40
Toy Soldier: lvl 41-50
Bronze Golem: lvl 51-60
a Makeshift Armada: lvl lvl 61-70

the level of the weapon (not the character) would determine the level and design of the constructs. the Engineer Class would also be able to build their own Battle Standards for their entire team. but can only have one Standard at a time. but if it comes to it, the Engineer can get dirty and build various traps and turrets for offense. now this all sounds broken and what not so to compensate for it Engineers get a unique buff called Build Charges and at the beginning of combat gets a number of Charges equal to their level. once an Engineer is out of charges, they cannot build anything else and must resort to melee. the weapon gets boosted by Will Stat so they'd be buffed by ally Privy Class. their icon design would be an Orange Wrench with their banner being cross wrenches and a gear. the trainer would be a retired Marleybone construction worker.

an Engineer Class would make far more sense than a Freezer Class.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
101
A while ago, someone had a pretty awesome suggestion for a 6th class (can't remember who). It would be like some sort of Entertainer class. The class trainer would be a puppet...with no visible puppeteer. Not sure how practical this would be -- sure is cool though : o


Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
142
All of the ideas above seem much more in-place than a Freezer class, although a new class, as said by anecorbie, might not exactly be a good thing