Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Idea On How To Get More People To Watch Ki Live

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
I noticed Ki has the ability to send out system notifications in Pirate 101(and while I don't know for sure, I speculate they have the ability to do so in Wizard 101 also). Why doesn't Ki use this feature to attempt to get more viewers for Ki Live. My idea is for a system notification to be sent out on both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 10 minutes prior to the start of Ki Live. This notification would be a friendly reminder Ki Live is about to start and giving the web address for where to watch Ki Live in a case where the player didn't know where to find it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1878
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
I noticed Ki has the ability to send out system notifications in Pirate 101(and while I don't know for sure, I speculate they have the ability to do so in Wizard 101 also). Why doesn't Ki use this feature to attempt to get more viewers for Ki Live. My idea is for a system notification to be sent out on both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 10 minutes prior to the start of Ki Live. This notification would be a friendly reminder Ki Live is about to start and giving the web address for where to watch Ki Live in a case where the player didn't know where to find it.
I think that's a great idea, since many players don't necessarily have their social media open while they are playing.


First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
456
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
I noticed Ki has the ability to send out system notifications in Pirate 101(and while I don't know for sure, I speculate they have the ability to do so in Wizard 101 also). Why doesn't Ki use this feature to attempt to get more viewers for Ki Live. My idea is for a system notification to be sent out on both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 10 minutes prior to the start of Ki Live. This notification would be a friendly reminder Ki Live is about to start and giving the web address for where to watch Ki Live in a case where the player didn't know where to find it.
To me the biggest issue isn't players who are already in-game being notified about KI Live (since it is already featured on the launcher that day), but rather the time zone. There is a large population of players on the West coast and Mountain time zone that simply can't watch it live (due to work, school, etc).

A Twitch vodcast replay in Prime Time on the same day, might help in reaching a larger audience until it gets edited and posted to YouTube. Maybe even a simultaneous broadcast on YouTube itself.

However, what would be helpful for me in-game, would be a notification of where Tom and Leah are for quick meet ups while live (location and realm).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9729
Oran from Urz on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
To me the biggest issue isn't players who are already in-game being notified about KI Live (since it is already featured on the launcher that day), but rather the time zone. There is a large population of players on the West coast and Mountain time zone that simply can't watch it live (due to work, school, etc).

A Twitch vodcast replay in Prime Time on the same day, might help in reaching a larger audience until it gets edited and posted to YouTube. Maybe even a simultaneous broadcast on YouTube itself.

However, what would be helpful for me in-game, would be a notification of where Tom and Leah are for quick meet ups while live (location and realm).
Oran, a good way to find Tom ( I don't know if Leah ever shows up ) is to go to One Eyed Jack realm. The recent KI Live I managed to guess that he would be in Avery's Court, and he was there. The other time I found him was during our test realm, it was announced that Ship PVP would be showcased, so that's where I went on Test Realm.
If you're on Wiz101, then Professor Falmea realm is usually where players meet up and it's often either the Common's or Ravenwood.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1413
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2017 wrote:
Oran, a good way to find Tom ( I don't know if Leah ever shows up ) is to go to One Eyed Jack realm. The recent KI Live I managed to guess that he would be in Avery's Court, and he was there. The other time I found him was during our test realm, it was announced that Ship PVP would be showcased, so that's where I went on Test Realm.
If you're on Wiz101, then Professor Falmea realm is usually where players meet up and it's often either the Common's or Ravenwood.
Great advice. Might I just say, however, that I know Leala is actually not with KingsIsle, however, so I don't think we'd be seeing her anywhere. (Unless, of course, she just plays Pirate101 for fun! )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9729
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
Great advice. Might I just say, however, that I know Leala is actually not with KingsIsle, however, so I don't think we'd be seeing her anywhere. (Unless, of course, she just plays Pirate101 for fun! )
Leah Rubin ( Professor Falmea ) is to whom Oran & I were referring, Leala ( our dear Bonnie Anne ) is no longer a moderator for KI, I truly miss her from these Boards & KI Live!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
Oran from Urz on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
To me the biggest issue isn't players who are already in-game being notified about KI Live (since it is already featured on the launcher that day), but rather the time zone. There is a large population of players on the West coast and Mountain time zone that simply can't watch it live (due to work, school, etc).

A Twitch vodcast replay in Prime Time on the same day, might help in reaching a larger audience until it gets edited and posted to YouTube. Maybe even a simultaneous broadcast on YouTube itself.

However, what would be helpful for me in-game, would be a notification of where Tom and Leah are for quick meet ups while live (location and realm).
Does Twitch have replay capability? If the answer is yes, Ki should seriously look into it. Any ideas what a good time for a replay would be? I actually think 2 replays might be good. Lets take a look at what time Ki Live airs across the country(USA) now:

12 Noon: Hawaii-Aleutian Time
1 PM: Alaska Time
2 PM: Pacific Time
3 PM: Mountain Time
4 PM: Central Time
5 PM: Eastern Time

I could see how people in the Mountain Time Zone and areas to the west might have problems watching it, lets take a look at my double replay idea and how the time schedule for Ki Live would look:

12 Noon(Live) / 2 PM(Replay) / 4 PM(Replay): Hawaii-Aleutian Time
1 PM(Live) / 3 PM(Replay) / 5 PM(Replay): Alaska Time
2 PM(Live) / 4 PM(Replay) / 6 PM(Replay): Pacific Time
3 PM(Live) / 5 PM(Replay) / 7 PM(Replay): Mountain Time
4 PM(Live) / 6 PM(Replay) / 8 PM(Replay): Central Time
5 PM(Live) / 7 PM(Replay) / 9 PM(Replay): Eastern Time

If Ki began to use this system, the code system should be edited as well. Instead of 2,000 redeems after the live show it should be 2,500 as mode people could watch it the same day, instead of 2,000 redeems after the You Tube upload it should be 1,500 as less people would need to watch it 2-3 days later.

Another idea would be to simulcast Ki Live on Facebook Live, Periscope, Twitch, and You Tube Live. If Ki could simulcast the live show on all 4 of those platforms, then the code system could be 4,000 codes after the show as it was simulcast on You Tube while live on Twitch. Maybe if viewers significantly increased due to this, Ki could increase the codes to 5,000 redeems after the show.

PS: I still have hopes Ki will launch another live show that focuses on the players of Pirate 101 and Wizard 101.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1413
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
Leah Rubin ( Professor Falmea ) is to whom Oran & I were referring, Leala ( our dear Bonnie Anne ) is no longer a moderator for KI, I truly miss her from these Boards & KI Live!
I do too! I didn't know Leah was her name, hehe. They're so similar!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1155
Oran from Urz on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
To me the biggest issue isn't players who are already in-game being notified about KI Live (since it is already featured on the launcher that day), but rather the time zone. There is a large population of players on the West coast and Mountain time zone that simply can't watch it live (due to work, school, etc).

A Twitch vodcast replay in Prime Time on the same day, might help in reaching a larger audience until it gets edited and posted to YouTube. Maybe even a simultaneous broadcast on YouTube itself.

However, what would be helpful for me in-game, would be a notification of where Tom and Leah are for quick meet ups while live (location and realm).
I'm in the same time zone, but I'm working. I can't stop and watch KI live, and it's over by the time I get home.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
I am posting a reply to bump is topic near the top and so it doesn't get locked. A new Ki live is coming up in a few weeks and Ki really should send out a system notification before hand. I almost guarantee you that if I system notification was sent out in both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 10 minutes prior to the start of Ki Live with the link to go watch Ki Live in the notification that more people would watch Ki Live. About 6 months ago Ki Live broke the viewership record by having 1,100 viewers, lately they have only been having around 700. Lets get Ki Live's viewership higher up again.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1413
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 11, 2018 wrote:
I am posting a reply to bump is topic near the top and so it doesn't get locked. A new Ki live is coming up in a few weeks and Ki really should send out a system notification before hand. I almost guarantee you that if I system notification was sent out in both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101 10 minutes prior to the start of Ki Live with the link to go watch Ki Live in the notification that more people would watch Ki Live. About 6 months ago Ki Live broke the viewership record by having 1,100 viewers, lately they have only been having around 700. Lets get Ki Live's viewership higher up again.
I agree. A few months ago, I literally had to private message Pirate101's official Twitter account just to ask them when the next KingsIsle Live was going to be. I would love if there was an easier way to see when it's coming out.

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
732
Ki Live? I did not even know that existed. I will check it out.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
631
great idea.. if coding becomes possible i think a system notification in-game an hour previous would be grand for both games.. mentioning that the link is on launcher would be great too :)

did you know KILive has its own twitter handle? you can find it via any of KI team's official twitter "following" list.. im not sure if a dev could link it? im pretty sure im not allowed to but i hope that ive made it easier to search for now :3 also start sending in great questions on the askkilive hashtag a week prior.. if they feature one of your questions they often give out a bundle! I personally love "Tom's crazy bundles" where a mix of crowns a neat mount for either game a pet or a pack could be in the mish-mash :3 also dont forget to send in favorite screenshots! in-game remember to hold control button and the letter "G" to hide ship or xp bars if in the way of your picture focus, hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard(upper right corner near f12). you can still adjust camera with your mouse and hold steady, afterwards control+G brings back your char questing screen. upload onto fave social media page, tag KILive :3

did you realize that if by chance you did miss out on a show, its uploaded to KingsIsle entertainment Youtube page within a few days after original broadcast? they also refresh gift codes same time so don't be too sad if you missed out on one because of work or family vacations.. Life happens! :D this company is very understanding of that fact :3 also good to re-watch if you wanted to replay decius hints etc ;D

a thing I would love to see is close-captioning added to the broadcasts after its uploaded to youtube.. i realize the time spent to catch them all up would be a typist nightmare, however i for one would love to see this happen, not only for any hearing impaired(or when tom hits the mute button on the recording xD tee hee)
but for clarification later on background comments, or when sneaking in a replay while at work ;D

stormy jen silver

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
great idea.. if coding becomes possible i think a system notification in-game an hour previous would be grand for both games.. mentioning that the link is on launcher would be great too :)

did you know KILive has its own twitter handle? you can find it via any of KI team's official twitter "following" list.. im not sure if a dev could link it? im pretty sure im not allowed to but i hope that ive made it easier to search for now :3 also start sending in great questions on the askkilive hashtag a week prior.. if they feature one of your questions they often give out a bundle! I personally love "Tom's crazy bundles" where a mix of crowns a neat mount for either game a pet or a pack could be in the mish-mash :3 also dont forget to send in favorite screenshots! in-game remember to hold control button and the letter "G" to hide ship or xp bars if in the way of your picture focus, hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard(upper right corner near f12). you can still adjust camera with your mouse and hold steady, afterwards control+G brings back your char questing screen. upload onto fave social media page, tag KILive :3

did you realize that if by chance you did miss out on a show, its uploaded to KingsIsle entertainment Youtube page within a few days after original broadcast? they also refresh gift codes same time so don't be too sad if you missed out on one because of work or family vacations.. Life happens! :D this company is very understanding of that fact :3 also good to re-watch if you wanted to replay decius hints etc ;D

a thing I would love to see is close-captioning added to the broadcasts after its uploaded to youtube.. i realize the time spent to catch them all up would be a typist nightmare, however i for one would love to see this happen, not only for any hearing impaired(or when tom hits the mute button on the recording xD tee hee)
but for clarification later on background comments, or when sneaking in a replay while at work ;D

stormy jen silver
They already have the capability to send out a system notification. As of now, as I understand it, they don't have the capability to send out a direct link. However, they could type the web address for Ki Live in the system notification and all you would have to do is copy and paste it.

I don't know why they haven't already been doing this. Seems so silly not to be reminding people in game that Ki Live is fixing to start. 1 hour before, and 10 minutes before would be good times to send out these system notifications/Ki Live reminders.