Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea? How about a bug report button or forum!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
While many bug reports are being listed in various of the existing forums, they are getting mixed in with non-bug questions and comments.

It would be nice to have a specific dedicated place to post bugs, so we could be sure they are seen and addressed.

For instance, in "The Shipyards" I posted a question about the Boochbeard bundle cat companion titled "Cat Pirate Companion - Talent at Level 4".

As it was only a question at the time, I didn't title the thread what I likely should have - namely: "Bug! Cat companion NOT getting talent at level 4". While many players have responded in that thread saying they had the same bug, there's been nothing from KI indicating they even saw the thread, likely passed over in favor of threads that actually indicate a bug is present. I tried posting in "Pirate's Life" as a proper "This is a bug" thread, but the moderators nixed that post/thread, due to the existant thread, which still has no KI response. I feel that if there was a proper Bug Report forum, I could post this bug there and feel more reassured that it would get noticed and fixed.

Right now, I feel like my $89.00 bough me a bugged companion that might take forever to get fixed because they might not notice the thread anytime soon.

Just because beta is over doesn't mean there aren't still a LOT of us eager to help bugs get squashed through detailed reports on them.

Administrator
Heya! First, I just wanted you to know that I had read your thread on Cat Companions and passed it along to the designers (who also read your thread) when you first posted about it. It's been seen.

Second, there will be a forum to post bugs in whenever the Test Realm goes live, but I'll take your post under consideration.

The best place to report a bug currently is under the Support section of Pirate101.com:

1- Click here https://www.pirate101.com/CustomerSupport/free_game
2- Click the link labeled "Report a Bug."
3- Click on the tab labeled "Contact Us."
4- Fill out the form and submit!

Hope that helps and thanks for your feedback!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Thank you VERY much Jack!!! I honestly thought nobody at KI had looked at the thread about the cat companion, due to there being zero responses from KI personnel. I am glad it's been noticed.

Also thank you for the info on how best to currently report a bug. I am an avid bug-reporter, and multiple beta-tester from several games. I do it to make the games better for everyone, and it's frustrating when I find bugs and there isn't an easy/efficient way to report them.

That said, if you'll excuse me, I have a bug to report!

**Also, you have the avatar of the single coolest character in the game, in my opinion. I would easily pay double--or more--what every other companion in the crown shop goes for, to purchase a One-Eyed Jack companion (or similar).

Administrator
Ha! Thanks.

Hope we can get that bug cleared up for you.

Happy sailing!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*