Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Think I've Figured It Out....

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2014
Ahoy fellow pirates! So, everyone upon everyone is talking about the new worlds/update. Well, I think I figured out the new worlds...It just came out actually, anyone notice the armored scorpion mount?? Well, scorpions are in the desert, so it could be a clue to krock. Along with that, I was farming in marleybone when I came across this long statue, that was krock themed. Also the furniture in the crown shop that's krock themed too......
Then when I was helping my lovely friend level her next max, she was in Valencia..we accidentally came out of the stormgate and got caught. Well, the enemy was higher levels then 14-19 (the usual range) It was in the 50's and 60's....anyone else notice that?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Marleybone has trade connections with Krokotopia and Darkmoor. It is not unusual to see Krok artifacts in homes ( or in the Royal Museum, if you've played Wizard101 then you know about this ).
The 'long statue' is called a stele and reflects Krokotopia's reference to ancient Egyptian culture.
However, that is not to say that Krok isn't a possibility in the future, as the 'home world' of some of our pirates, I believe we will go there.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Marleybone has trade connections with Krokotopia and Darkmoor. It is not unusual to see Krok artifacts in homes ( or in the Royal Museum, if you've played Wizard101 then you know about this ).
The 'long statue' is called a stele and reflects Krokotopia's reference to ancient Egyptian culture.
However, that is not to say that Krok isn't a possibility in the future, as the 'home world' of some of our pirates, I believe we will go there.
I believe early on in the games history the stormgate at the very end of avernus skyway would say krokotopia when flown ever, I think its a safe bet we will one day see krok

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
That's a nice piece of speculation, 'Rise'. I hadn't thought of it, but the armored scorpion mount may well prefigure a trip to Krokotopia. I had wondered about significance of the Krokotopians who, somewhat later than their other NPC counterparts, had come into the Pirate101 world, serving as guardians and guides for their transportalators... and then of course, our friend 'Hep' in the Pet Morphing tent. I couldn't help but tentatively speculate that these individuals might hint at the kind of people we might meet next.

But why Krokotopia? Well, there is the Rosetta Stone, which in the game (if my memory serves me correctly... which it may not) is written in Aquilan, Aquilan Linear B, and Krokotopian. Of course, now with the Rosetta Stone, the necessary puzzle has been solved and indicates a bee-line to Valencia. But we can't just waltz up to a Valencian stormgate, even if we have the correct windstone, and enter without asking for serious trouble. I think it very likely we will go somewhere else to find a way to get there. Krokotopia is a possibility, because it is a land of very ancient learning, and the Aquilans probably are the best versed in how to get there. Perhaps Krokoptian knowledge will have ways that can sidestep Valencian technology. Maybe. Or perhaps we can get a lead on Erica the Red there, considering that her real-life parallel of the Vikings regularly traded with the Byzantine Empire and the Near East. (Of course I have also speculated that she is off exploring a 'Canada' world, but I like to keep my options open). It certainly is a fabulous place for buried treasure, ancient curses, and dramatic adventures. Maybe we will have 'sand ships' like in Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.

Blind Mew has teasingly hinted that the next skyway will begin with 'C'. Well, that leaves a great many options, including a number suitable for Valencia, but if it is Krokotopia, then the skyway 'Cairo' is a possibility.