I Can't Believe It...

1
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
160
...I just can't believe it. The Wizards took on fishing BEFORE the Pirates
See anything unusual about this information. What the heck's up with that

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
704
First of all, Say what ? ! I didn't see that coming.

Secondly, as a pirate101 player I am shocked. Fishing is usually a pirate's past time activity, this is unexpected.Probably after defeating the 2nd arc boss,they wanted to do something else while waiting for the 3rd arc story or other things to do. At least we got to train our pets,spar our pets in the arena and morph our pets to try for hybrid pets.

Last thing I hope fishing, will be added as our additional activity in a future update.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
84
Serpent10611 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
...I just can't believe it. The Wizards took on fishing BEFORE the Pirates
See anything unusual about this information. What the heck's up with that
Well...where would the pirates fish? The only pond I can name off to the top of my head is the one in Sujimura...

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
Serpent10611 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
...I just can't believe it. The Wizards took on fishing BEFORE the Pirates
See anything unusual about this information. What the heck's up with that
I saw that too!! I was like, "Really? Come on, we're PIRATES, we have more in common with water than Wizards!! That is soooo not cool."

Maybe that means we'll get fishing too? Ratbeard or One-Eyed Jack, can you answer that for us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
Serpent10611 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
...I just can't believe it. The Wizards took on fishing BEFORE the Pirates
See anything unusual about this information. What the heck's up with that
Nope it's not at all unusual, remember W101 has been on line for nearly 6 years, they're way ahead in development. I've just tried Fishing on W101, and I don't really like it, it's boring and a complete waste of time, IMO. I can't wait for CRAFTING to come to P101, it'll be great!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Guys, haven't you figured out that we use the wizards as test subjects to get all the kinks out of new ideas so that when it makes it over to this side of the Spiral (if it even does) it is always way better cause all the bugs have been worked out for us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MarleybonePatriot on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Well...where would the pirates fish? The only pond I can name off to the top of my head is the one in Sujimura...
Have you forgotten the Commons area in Wizard city? And the stream in Unicorn Way and Four Falls Mill in Triton Ave. and.....

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Nope it's not at all unusual, remember W101 has been on line for nearly 6 years, they're way ahead in development. I've just tried Fishing on W101, and I don't really like it, it's boring and a complete waste of time, IMO. I can't wait for CRAFTING to come to P101, it'll be great!
Fishing in Test or Live Realm? I thought it was only in Test Realm?? But I don't know, I don't really go on Wizard101 much anymore...Pirate101 is more fun, and the people who play it are nicer. Trying to get help on Wizard101 is like trying to shove a cat into a sink full of soapy water. Nearly impossible, and it bites you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MistyDragon13 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Fishing in Test or Live Realm? I thought it was only in Test Realm?? But I don't know, I don't really go on Wizard101 much anymore...Pirate101 is more fun, and the people who play it are nicer. Trying to get help on Wizard101 is like trying to shove a cat into a sink full of soapy water. Nearly impossible, and it bites you.
It's on live and the quest giver/tutor is a ...PELICAN! Can't agree with you more about Pirates being nicer than Wizards ( oh the irony ). That image of a cat being shoved into a sink full of water is going to stay with me all night, lol, very good use of imagery!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
MistyDragon13 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Fishing in Test or Live Realm? I thought it was only in Test Realm?? But I don't know, I don't really go on Wizard101 much anymore...Pirate101 is more fun, and the people who play it are nicer. Trying to get help on Wizard101 is like trying to shove a cat into a sink full of soapy water. Nearly impossible, and it bites you.
Lol your metaphors are truly delightful and VERY giggle worthy, along with the most hysterically vivid mental images.

Commodore
May 30, 2010
863
MistyDragon13 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Fishing in Test or Live Realm? I thought it was only in Test Realm?? But I don't know, I don't really go on Wizard101 much anymore...Pirate101 is more fun, and the people who play it are nicer. Trying to get help on Wizard101 is like trying to shove a cat into a sink full of soapy water. Nearly impossible, and it bites you.
It's live. I'm practicing with my wizards so I'm at least competent when it comes here.

I'm sorry you have trouble finding help in Wizard, MistyDragon. I've not run into that problem in either game so far.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
152
MistyDragon13 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Fishing in Test or Live Realm? I thought it was only in Test Realm?? But I don't know, I don't really go on Wizard101 much anymore...Pirate101 is more fun, and the people who play it are nicer. Trying to get help on Wizard101 is like trying to shove a cat into a sink full of soapy water. Nearly impossible, and it bites you.
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately the W101 community has become more rude and mean. Even though there is that "one person" here too, it's not as many. Not all of the said W101 community is mean, but I think we can all agree that most of them are.

I'd play W101 again. I mean I usually soloed on there too to stay away from people like that, but some things you literally can't do alone (at least for an average person with an average leveled wizard). And asking for help ends up for me either a) get ignored (not the ignore button, I'm not one of those "help spammers") or b) get a reply of some rude statement. Well, I'm not going to deal with any of that, thank you! Don't get me wrong, I love W101, and I always will, but some people just don't want to deal with bullies to play the game they love. P101 makes up for that. *sigh* There's always the ONE person though.

Like Chrissy said, everything so far from W101 has came to P101 new and improved. That makes me feel a little better about the whole situation.

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
84
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Have you forgotten the Commons area in Wizard city? And the stream in Unicorn Way and Four Falls Mill in Triton Ave. and.....
I said pirates...last time I checked, Wizard City wasn't accessible for pirates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
MarleybonePatriot on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I said pirates...last time I checked, Wizard City wasn't accessible for pirates.
oops, but there's that large tidal pool near the dock's entrance on SI. Rapa Nui also has a small pond surrounding the Life Fountain. Plenty of water in the Gold Mine by the waterfall. Rokugara has that water channel in it's cave. Now I don't recommend fishing in MB sewers, although there's plenty of water. You're right, for a nautical themed game, there seems to be a drought going on! That makes me thirsty, I needs me some yum, arr!

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
160
435Snow Owl on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately the W101 community has become more rude and mean. Even though there is that "one person" here too, it's not as many. Not all of the said W101 community is mean, but I think we can all agree that most of them are.

I'd play W101 again. I mean I usually soloed on there too to stay away from people like that, but some things you literally can't do alone (at least for an average person with an average leveled wizard). And asking for help ends up for me either a) get ignored (not the ignore button, I'm not one of those "help spammers") or b) get a reply of some rude statement. Well, I'm not going to deal with any of that, thank you! Don't get me wrong, I love W101, and I always will, but some people just don't want to deal with bullies to play the game they love. P101 makes up for that. *sigh* There's always the ONE person though.

Like Chrissy said, everything so far from W101 has came to P101 new and improved. That makes me feel a little better about the whole situation.
From what it sounds like, W101 is losing its friendly inhabitants. I'm hardly on W101 for more than hour anymore, so I guess I'm spared any encounter from these unpleasant individuals. I prefer P101 anyway.
In Wizard battles, it's basically just routine spell casting and if you run out of spells or mana you're as good as dead. In Pirate battles:
1. You're not fighting alone (companions)
2. You don't need mana to attack
3. You have a better chance of not being attacked (if hidden or out of range)
4. You can still attack even if you run out of power "spells"
5. You get more loot per battle
Anyway, I really hope fishing makes it to P101 soon (new and improved), along with crafting, gold-bought permanent mounts, and visiting other players' houses.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
800
Okay, I went on Wizard101 for the first time in about two months and tried fishing. It's extremely boring, and it uses your energy up! Really!? I have an Epic Polar Cat that I'm trying to get to Mega, and each game for it costs 10 energy! Once I hand in all of the fishing quests that I can do, I'm never fishing again. It's a complete waste of time and energy that could be used for gardening and pet training: the more profitable activities in Wizard101. A fish isn't going to give you a Dragonblade card, +6 Ice Accuracy, +6 Ice Damage, and +86 Mana, is it?

I don't like all of the fish shadows everywhere. They mess with my vision of the Spiral and make me very sad. Why? I started playing Wizard101 in 2009, and I loved the way Wizard City looked. It was perfect. I didn't think much about the idea of fishing, and now that it has been implemented I think the game has been ruined. I don't want to go to my favorite places in the game and see fish everywhere!

If we were to have fishing in Pirate101, the developers should make it a little different. You could click on a button that pops up when you're near a water source, and only then would the shadows appear. That way, the look of the pirates' part of the Spiral would remain the way it is now: beautifully created and wonderful to run around in. Sometimes I stop questing and just wander around to take screenshots of places I like.

Community Leader
Does seem strange, but i'll look on it optimistically.

They will have worked most the bugs out of it by the time they implement it (if they do) in pirates.

Let the Wizards trip through the glitchs... :P

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Jan 17, 2012
480
For those who have not noticed, it seems KI is trying to do games right that Disney did wrong.

Wizard101 is like Toontown, only better. Just compare the combat style. Toontown had fishing. So, Wizard101 has fishing.

Pirate101 is like Pirates of the Caribbean only better. PotC did not have fishing. So, Pirate101 doesn't.

Just sayin'...

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
584
It would have been nice if p101 started fish first, but what can ye do only to wait I guess

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
In an MMO I've played ( recently taken off-line ) They had fishing which was run like a mini game. You choose where you would like to fish, entered the game and fished. You had the chance of getting fishing gear, equipment or treasure as well as fish. Add fishing as a mini game.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
229
Would anyone else prefer to scuba dive than fish? I would definitely.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
Ugh, I really despise fishing! No way to aim/cast your lure and you sure look stupid standing there with no rod and reel in your hands 'pretending' you have a rod and are fishing. Even though you occaisionally bring up a chest, it's still a waste of time and energy.
Please don't bring this version of fishing to P101!

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
409
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, I really despise fishing! No way to aim/cast your lure and you sure look stupid standing there with no rod and reel in your hands 'pretending' you have a rod and are fishing. Even though you occaisionally bring up a chest, it's still a waste of time and energy.
Please don't bring this version of fishing to P101!
I made several thousand gold an hour with fishing! Fishing gave me enough gold for a castle. A small one, but still a castle! Along with a pet, and a bunch of transformations, and another pet.
Also, Krokopatra drops Life Trolls.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5739
Kai Alcott on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
I made several thousand gold an hour with fishing! Fishing gave me enough gold for a castle. A small one, but still a castle! Along with a pet, and a bunch of transformations, and another pet.
Also, Krokopatra drops Life Trolls.
We don't need fishing to get gold, with Companions out Plunderin' for us! Same with pets and gear!

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
49
Errr, might as well say it. Well... I can't believe it's not butter.

1