Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Huzzah to Anne Radcliffe!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
So,last I checked,Anne was at 999 posts,and I have a strong feeling she made just enough to throw her into the four digit mark.And everyone knows how big of an Anne Radcliffe fan I am,so I hereby raise my mug of yum,or is it tea(can't remember) to celebrate the 1000th post of madame Radcliffe!

Yay!My congratulations to you!

So...I wonder,guys....what's your favorite Anne Radcliffe post?(something new I'm trying out when someone reaches a big mark,so stay with me)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
So,last I checked,Anne was at 999 posts,and I have a strong feeling she made just enough to throw her into the four digit mark.And everyone knows how big of an Anne Radcliffe fan I am,so I hereby raise my mug of yum,or is it tea(can't remember) to celebrate the 1000th post of madame Radcliffe!

So...I wonder,guys....what's your favorite Anne Radcliffe post?(something new I'm trying out when someone reaches a big mark,so stay with me)
Two post immediately spring to my mind: Say what you will about the Armada ( where she admires their stylish clothing ) and Marco Pollo's photograph. Both are worth reading again! Congrats, Anne!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Congratulations Anne...I'd yarr each and every one of your posts with each and every one of my pirates I if could. I've always likened your writing to that of watching a very mesmerizing dance, one that you could both see and feel. And one in which the partners are grace and intellect...or is it elegance and sophistication. One in the same I suppose, and any which way that you put it, your writing is pure beauty on display -- and my eyes and senses thank you for sharing it with us. To put it more in my goofy terms, "you sure do make purdy words!"

It's quite hard to try to think of only one "favorite Anne Radcliffe" post, but here are 2 that always stuck out in my mind as being of that "grace and intellect" mold.

There was a wonderful post of hers from 'Chinese New Year Message Board Titles' that perfectly displays her beautifully, intellectual writing prowess. In this post she offers up "the tale of how the horse and other animals became the patrons of the 12-year-cycle". Again, a mere flawless blending of storytelling and intellect induced goodness.

But I do believe that her post from this thread, entitled Holiday Memories, has the honor of holding that coveted, favorite Anne Radcliffe post-- at least for me. This post, again to me, unveils so much of just who the writer, Anne Radcliffe, is and aspires to be, and also gives us a sense of just who the person behind Anne Radcliffe is, as well. The careful, yet skillful, indulging of the senses, through descriptive settings and "I feel like I was there" wording, really shows the power and grace that Anne possesses as a writer. In this post you can also really see some of her literary heroes, or at least ones she admired greatly, shine through her own unique style of writing. And all she was doing was telling a story about a moment in time that meant the world to her. Her display and combined elements of alluring storytelling, vulnerability through self experience and graceful composure, to me, sum up the literary powerhouse that is Anne Radcliffe.

So many delightful posts and threads from her -- you could almost pick randomly from a grab bag and you'd be sure to "pick a winner" each and every time.

Congrats Anne, you most certainly deserve the yarrs and accolades! Best wishes on your continued and future literary ventures.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well I agree that congratulations are in order for our beloved Admiral Anne.
As to my favorite post..............Yes. I love each and every one. They all either make me smile, see lovely things in my minds eye or teach me something new and wonderful. Every time I see that Anne has made a post I eagerly click on it. Wow, over a thousand Anne treats. I am surprised my brain hasn't gotten fat on such delicacies for it to feast on.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

I'll toast with a cup of yum in one hand and a cup of tea in the other. Congrats my friend.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Next round of yum be on me, congrats to ye dear Anne well done.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
"Psst, Cap'n? Are ye awake?"
"The door ain't movin'. I think he's gone'n put his sea chest in front of it!"
"The rotten scoundrel, he's finally startin' to think like a pirate."
"You mean people breakin' in at all hours of the day?"
"But we only break into the Captain's quarters at night."
"Ye know what I mean."
"So how are gonna tell him about Anne?"
"Are you gong to eat that?"
"No, Stormy Sky, finish it off, big guy."
"Hey did ye notice this sign on the door? I can't read, what's it say?"
"Do... not... disturb."
"We ain't disturbin' nothin', we just wants to wake 'im up!"
"Are you gonna finish that?"
"I was, but... here ya go. Didn't I see you taking thirds at dinner?"
"Fifths, actually."
"'Sides, if'n we doesn't tell 'im, someone else will. Then our standing with the Cap'n goes down the tubes."
"The way the Cap'n complains, our standing might go up instead."
(Pause)
"Nah. Let's all push together. One... two... three!"
(Crash)
"Gentlemen, ladies, what a surprise. It's only twixt midnight and dawn. Who could be barging into my cabin when I'm fast asleep? Answer - my beloved crew."
"Umm... we've got important news, Cap'n."
"No, wait a minute. Me first. I just want to let you know Captain Radcliffe says 'Hi!'"
"How did you...?"
"Hold on, I wrote it down. Had it here a second ago. Ah, found it. It says, 'As for those miserable wretches you call a crew, ask if they finally learned the difference between night and day.'"
"Cap'n Anne said that!?"
"Nah, I made that up. But I did meet her at the Kraken Skulls earlier. Did you guys know she joined the absurd number of posts club? I'd never heard of it before."
"And whose idea was it to block the door agin' us?"
"My idea, didn't work tho'"
"Are those fresh flowers?"
"Yeah."
"Can I eat them?"
"Fine, go ahead. Anyone else feeling peckish? Let's go raid the galley."
"Yay! We love you, Cap'n!"
"Oh Ratbeard, why don't you tidy up in here a bit. Thanks."
"Why, I oughta..."

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Oh, and for the record, my favorite Anne Radcliffe posts were the Masked Ball in Padova stories.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Wow... just wow. I am completely overwhelmed.

First I was blushing -but smiling- as Felix (Hoodoo Master) spoke his affectionately encouraging words, then I laughed, delightedly tickled, when Esperanza (Anecorbie) thoughtfully chose my decidedly whimsical post on my character being distracted in battle by the magnificence of Armada clothing as one she particularly liked. Then I read Valkoor's... and I cried. I was just so undone by Valkoor's terrifically eloquent and kind words. (But they were good tears, really!) Then Chrissy's lovely words made me feel all warm and happy inside (well, even warmer and happier than I was already... which is saying quite a lot!) And Durante made me laugh again at the idea of toasting with a tankard of yum in one hand and a porcelain cup of tea in the other, and along with Jack's delightfully 'piratey' and kind words. I might be blushing, feeling rather shy at the attention (no wait, what am I thinking... Anne Radcliffe, the pirate, isn't shy! She's bold and brave. Right.) but I really treasure all your generous expressions in my heart.

I am so very grateful to you all for your kindness, and the example you all set for supporting others, being helpful, being witty and quirky (hey, that's important too), and being a joy to all. I am honored to be a part of this warm and thoughtful community... truly 'virtuous' pirates indeed!

(And as soon as I can I will yarr your posts... I haven't forgotten, but the 'good' computer is acting up, and the old, faithful 'crummy' computer doesn't let me 'yar', though, happily it lets me write.)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ah! My apologies for being late, my internet has been very slow lately, which makes posting a little difficult. But anyways...

CONGRATS ANNE! I love reading your posts and all of the bits of knowledge you include. I seem to learn something new every time I read something you write.

And, like Chrissy, I simply can't choose a favorite. Your writing is too great to single out one post!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Speak of the Devil! Or, think of the Devil, really, as a matter of fact - as I was just recently wondering when the heck Anne would hurry up and get into the four digits. I've still got a long way to go.

But anyways, bravo, zuo de hao, bene est, gut gemacht, yoku yatta, bien hecho! Hopefully those are the correct translations.

Seriously though, you have a great impact on these boards, and you should be proud of that. Now as for her best post - there are too many to decide!

So, I say once more - well done!