Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to be RICH at any level.

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy, did I get your attention? We all know that we often need gold for certain items through out this game - training tomes, new ships/ship gear ( x cough x Miracle Mitch ), to name but a few necessary things.
This list is in reply to some players who maintain that there is no way to get enough gold until you reach the level to enter the Tower of Moo Manchu.
So, by level, here are some useful places to farm for gold or rare items to sell or keep:
Level 3 - 5
Free to play areas
Skull Island, Temple of Gloom, Finn Dorsal
Level 5 - 10
Blood Shoals, Xol Akmul, Cha'k A'Kab
Premium zones
Skull Island, Emperor Prawn
Perdition's Cauldron, Maria Celestia
Level 12 - 15
Trade Winds, Gold Mine, Gortez
Level 30+
Port Regal Skyway, Fort Elena
Haunted Skyway, Miranda, Captain Blood
Level 45 +
MooShu, Subata Skyway, Friar Sand
Level 52 +
Marleybone, Beachhead, Bishop
Marleybone, Trafalgar Vortex, Wreck of the Victory, Rooke
Level 59 +
MooShu, Tower of Moo Manchu
Aquila, Knossos, Labyrinth
Level 68 +
Valencia, Calabria Skyway, Clockworks
The Machine, Kane
There are also other ways to gain gold besides farming, here is where Companion Management shines.
Companions who are at level 8 + can be set on task to gain Gold ( Plunderin' ), Gear ( Scanvegin' ), Pet Gear, snacks, eggs ( Wranglin' ). Set companions to these activities when you aren't playing and reap the rewards of their work when you next log on.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
Great list!
I believe this has been mentioned before by someone else in a different thread, but the Uber Crok boss in marleybone also drops a lot of gold if you're farming solo.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
Devilfish hollow has a spider spot that's good for non-members to farm.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Great list, anecorbie, but here are some other tips to maintaining a good supply of gold:

1. DON'T sell your items at the Bazaar when there are already a great many in stock, you'll get way more at another vendor, like in the Pearl & Plunder (gear) or Mr. Trelawny (furniture).

2. DON'T pass by Wooden Chests - always open them, and always help someone else open a Group Plunder chest. Learn where they are located -- there are several guides on Pirate101Central and probably on other fansites as well.

3. SINK SHIPS! As you're sailing through a skyway, throw a few cannonballs around and earn yourself some gold and possibly even Scrip, nevermind increasing your nautical level.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
bluba4 on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Devilfish hollow has a spider spot that's good for non-members to farm.
Yes, this is a good spot for non-members to farm. That spider boss is a little tough so I suggest that the player be 20th level or higher.
It's also a great place to farm for pet snacks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
Great list, anecorbie, but here are some other tips to maintaining a good supply of gold:

1. DON'T sell your items at the Bazaar when there are already a great many in stock, you'll get way more at another vendor, like in the Pearl & Plunder (gear) or Mr. Trelawny (furniture).

2. DON'T pass by Wooden Chests - always open them, and always help someone else open a Group Plunder chest. Learn where they are located -- there are several guides on Pirate101Central and probably on other fansites as well.

3. SINK SHIPS! As you're sailing through a skyway, throw a few cannonballs around and earn yourself some gold and possibly even Scrip, nevermind increasing your nautical level.

I would also suggest selling off the old, outdated ships at a ship vendor and sell the ship gear at the bazaar ( if there are only a few of that type of gear in stock ).
Great tips from all of you!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I'm going to make a contribution to this thread, since it is sticky worthy!

If you're in Valencia Pt 2, but nowhere near the machine docks, the CRAB TUNNELS in Florenzia provide more than enough items to sell off for a pretty penny to the free traders, like the mercenario polearm, amongst other things ( I was quite shocked to see that appear in my backpack yesterday whilst fighting the crabs, but I'm not going to complain )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been getting good gold from the new Dreadnaught currently in test realm. When this dungeon gauntlet goes live, you can add this to the list.
The weapon drops are great!
There's furnishing from Dragonspyre, Krokotopia & Grizzleheim.
Group plunder chest for teams.
SCRIP drops!
Post Edit: AND it's in a free to play area.