Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do you feel about the message boards?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Hey guys. It's been forever since I've made a thread, I know, please don't yell.... I have a life outside of sailing the skyways and lately I've been under a lot of pressure, stress, and certain kinds of thoughts I don't wanna talk about. I've been nothing but alone and I haven't had a lot of time on my hands. But off the depressing and selfish note from me, I baked you guys something... Homemade brownies, with marshmallow and hot fudge syrup melted over them to make s'more brownies, as well as some hot chocolate. I don't know about you guys, but it is freaking freezing, Mr. Bigglesworth! (Oops, Austin Powers reference.)

Anyway, I've just been wondering- what do you guys think of the message boards?

I've loved it here forever. I've made so many friends, had such a great time and I usually (not always) feel welcome among you, when I'm normally the outcast everywhere else. But I can't help but feel I've messed it up in some ways, by turning the Tavern into Roleplaying Games (oh don't worry, I've heard plenty of comments like this whether indirectly or directly ). But I love it too much to ever officially depart permanently.

What do you think?

Ciao!

Administrator
. . . by turning the Tavern into Roleplaying Games

As a side note, occasionally this has presented problems, slow down, and confusion during moderation, and because of that I'd like to reaffirm my original suggestion that I really think the best place for roleplaying and forum games would be on Pirate101 Central where more immediate back and forth can be encountered; however, lately things have been fine.

I certainly hope you all enjoy the message boards and have a great time here!

I think we've got a great community. Thanks for your feedback and keep up the positive attitudes.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys. It's been forever since I've made a thread, I know, please don't yell.... I have a life outside of sailing the skyways and lately I've been under a lot of pressure, stress, and certain kinds of thoughts I don't wanna talk about. I've been nothing but alone and I haven't had a lot of time on my hands. But off the depressing and selfish note from me, I baked you guys something... Homemade brownies, with marshmallow and hot fudge syrup melted over them to make s'more brownies, as well as some hot chocolate. I don't know about you guys, but it is freaking freezing, Mr. Bigglesworth! (Oops, Austin Powers reference.)

I've loved it here forever. I've made so many friends, had such a great time and I usually (not always) feel welcome among you, when I'm normally the outcast everywhere else. But I can't help but feel I've messed it up in some ways, by turning the Tavern into Roleplaying Games (oh don't worry, I've heard plenty of comments like this whether indirectly or directly ). But I love it too much to ever officially depart permanently.

What do you think?

Ciao!
First, now you have an idea of what I have to put up with in Canada for about six months of the year. (You call 18 degrees Farenheit cold? Try - 40, with a wind chill., (-30 celsius without the windchill, I'm not sure what that is in farenheit, but I do know -40 C and -40 F is the same.)

Second, I have a lot of fun with these message boards. I've never really been one for posting on message boards or forums. I've even rarely ever posted on the Wizard101 boards. I always found them just a little too negative. Most posts on Wizard101 were from players complaining about various parts of the game. I know here there are still a few complainers, a few players who don't seem to like anything about the game, yet they keep playing and posting. And I know there are a few people who constanly complain about how hard the game is, but never seem to accept any help that's offered to them.

But, overall, I have found the message board family to be a fun, welcoming group of players who do really try to help each other out. I really hope that when this game has a larger player base, that the message boards stay as positive and as friendly as they are now. I really hope that the positive, fun, helpful posters will always greatly outnumber the whiners.

Now, as for the roleplays. I do have fun participating in the roleplays, I'm really glad that Emma started them during the summer. But, I do agree that having only a few roleplays running at a time is much better. Right now we have only two roleplays running, Rolepay IV by Bikineri (?) and Masked Ball in Padova by Anne Radcliffe.

These two roleplays are enough for now I think. I've seen lately a lot of roleplays that have sprung up, and died rather quickly, and many others that don't seem to really start at all. I'd say that the roleplays are a fun addition, but can we please keep them to a very small number at a time. It's very easy to lose track of them all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Highlander Fox of ... on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:

What do you think?

Ciao!
I, never for an instant have not loved every moment you have been on these boards my sweet little sister. Your posts are always so full of life (and great food) and your imagination has sparked more hot topics than anyone I know. You have a gift for making us think and you get us to engage and speak our hearts about this game we all love so well. I have been missing you and am joyously glad to see you posting again but I truly understand how life outside the realm must come first and that is totally fine with me. You bring a joy and a giggle to these boards like no one else can. I love how you think and how the vast amounts of learning you have in your head makes your posts so interesting. You never know what you are gonna come up with and I just love that.
As for the role plays, I have only participated in one and have enjoyed it. I have read some of the others but not much. I don't have a problem with them at all. They are a great creative outlet for the amazing writers out there and If I chose to read it I am enriched but If I don't have the time or the patience, for it does take a skill to follow them then I don't worry. I will get to them eventually or not. They do me no harm. The ones I have peeked into have been great. It makes these boards unique. You can come here for information only, or you can come for some pleasant story time. Most of the time I come to help my fellow players and to spend some great time with the wonderful friends I have made here. When I finally get to meet them in the game it makes my game play so much richer for I am playing with someone I already know and care about. That makes it so much more personal and uplifting for me.
You are one of my family here and are always close to my heart and you can make me giggle like no other. What greater gift is that than to bring joy to others. *Hugs*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
. . . by turning the Tavern into Roleplaying Games

As a side note, occasionally this has presented problems, slow down, and confusion during moderation, and because of that I'd like to reaffirm my original suggestion that I really think the best place for roleplaying and forum games would be on Pirate101 Central where more immediate back and forth can be encountered; however, lately things have been fine.

I certainly hope you all enjoy the message boards and have a great time here!

I think we've got a great community. Thanks for your feedback and keep up the positive attitudes.
Thanks Jack. It's very comforting to know that you are always there, watching over us and making sure we all stay safe in spite of our humanness. Your patience and helpfulness is appreciated beyond measure and I for one am glad to be under your protection.