Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Houses!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Okay, I think houses are probably a much talked about issue. For one thing, there are only two right now and they are SUPER expensive! The cheapest one is 75,000 gold and its not even that good! Sure you can buy it with crowns, but not everyone has money for that. On wizard101 there were way more houses, and they were way cheaper. I liked it MUCH better that way. AND there is no way to preview it, so you have no idea what you're getting. Secondly, you can only get houses with pvp in bundles, which I find super irritating. At the very least, put it in a super expensive house in the crown shop. Most people aren't likely to save up the gold for it, so you can still get plenty of profits from it anyway, while still leaving options for some of the super hard working pirates. Its a very sought after social aspect of the game that I am feeling rather deprived of at the moment. Please please please at least add nicer houses (maybe not so mangled looking?) for gold! Anyone else have ideas?

--swashbuckler

Bosun
May 10, 2010
This game was just released in October!!!

We dont even have stitching or a Bazaar/Auction house yet.

Give it time, there are many things to come and that will be on the horizon. We will get a gold cap increase, there will be more houses, who knows, there might even be crafting in the game. We just have to have patience and see what is in store for us...

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
PvP should be possible in every house type, even the for gold houses are sold for crowns and some players actually like them more than the not for gold houses. If houses aren't a necessary part of Pirate101 then there should be absolutely no reason why they shouldn't all have PvP in them. Houses on an account should be accessable to all pirates on the account, players would collect them and try to collect every house that came out which would mean that having PvP available in every house type wouldn't at all matter. The way its currently set up it pure greed and its likely costing revenues to the company rather than generating it.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
seasnake on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
PvP should be possible in every house type, even the for gold houses are sold for crowns and some players actually like them more than the not for gold houses. If houses aren't a necessary part of Pirate101 then there should be absolutely no reason why they shouldn't all have PvP in them. Houses on an account should be accessable to all pirates on the account, players would collect them and try to collect every house that came out which would mean that having PvP available in every house type wouldn't at all matter. The way its currently set up it pure greed and its likely costing revenues to the company rather than generating it.
I completely agree. PvP is not a necessary aspect of the game, but it would definitely make more sense to put them in all houses, considering the two non-bundle houses right now cost crowns already as it is, or a rather exorhbitant amount of gold (considering a lot of the changes they have made to farming) that takes forever to get to. Honestly more people would probably be buying the crown houses if they had PvP, as most don't have an extra fourty dollars lying around for a bundle. So it is really HURTING the revenue of the game rather than helping it, because the buying of houses would increase if they did have PvP. Considering it is a free aspect of the game anyway, would it really be too much to ask that they put it in houses?
--Clever Miranda

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
The houses were released before PvP was put in the game. Why would they have PvP arenas in them?

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
natenkate on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
The houses were released before PvP was put in the game. Why would they have PvP arenas in them?
The bundle houses came out before PvP was put in the game as well, but they added PvP to them anyways. I like the idea of being able to add PvP towers to homes, those who don't want PvP at their homes wouldn't have to have it and those who wanted PvP could select the types of PvP towers they would like to add.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
Actually, 75,000G isn't too much if you've been through Cool Ranch, Mooshu, and what not.

I myself have bought the house and I think it's pretty good. Also, the PvP housing is a feature for special houses, not just ones you can buy for gold. Be at least a little thankful you have houses at all. I would hate having to lug around all my housing items because I wouldn't have room in my old dorm/apartment/house! Because the game recently came out, they should have more in the future of this year. I'm personally hoping to see a preview feature added to houses, as it would be nice to try-before-you-buy! I hope this cleared anything up or just explained something.

~Sly Wolf Laveer, Level 50, Swashbuckler.