Hoodoo Bundle

1
AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
3
Is anyone else having problems trying to find the Hoodoo Bundle card at Walmart? I went to three different Walmart's looking for the card and neither of the stores carried them. Even when I try looking it up on walmart.com they have other Pirate 101 cards listed, but not the Hoodoo Bundle. This is getting frustrating. I am in NJ. Just wondering if they don't carry it here? Anyone know how I might be able to obtain one? Thanks in advance.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
DarbyWindlass on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Is anyone else having problems trying to find the Hoodoo Bundle card at Walmart? I went to three different Walmart's looking for the card and neither of the stores carried them. Even when I try looking it up on walmart.com they have other Pirate 101 cards listed, but not the Hoodoo Bundle. This is getting frustrating. I am in NJ. Just wondering if they don't carry it here? Anyone know how I might be able to obtain one? Thanks in advance.
Hi Darby, welcome to the message boards. You are not the only one having problems. There is another thread in 'The Pirate's Life' section with similar stories. I guess we just have to be patient and keep asking the highest managers we can find at our local Walmarts or perhaps we could do an email campain to Walmart.com and ask them to provide it there. I do feel a bit better knowing that Kansas is not the only hole in Walmart's Pirate 101 stock delivery system.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
3
Hi Chrissy,
Thanks so much for the welcome and responding. And yes, glad it's not just me or my area that is Hoodoo Bundle deficient lol. I think I will write to walmart.com asking if they can please stock it. As I said, I can understand individual stores not stocking it, but I cannot even find it on their website either.

Ensign
May 19, 2009
1
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Hi Darby, welcome to the message boards. You are not the only one having problems. There is another thread in 'The Pirate's Life' section with similar stories. I guess we just have to be patient and keep asking the highest managers we can find at our local Walmarts or perhaps we could do an email campain to Walmart.com and ask them to provide it there. I do feel a bit better knowing that Kansas is not the only hole in Walmart's Pirate 101 stock delivery system.
I'm in the Houston, Texas Area, with a nearby WalMart about every ten miles, but none of them are carrying the Hoodoo bundle on their shelves. None of the attendants or the managers have any clue what I'm talking about even when I take them a picture screen capped from the webpage. ...and KingsIsle is based in Texas, so it's a big WalMart hole that's not getting filled. I have patience and faith that before the bundle is taken off the shelves completely in a year or two that I will get to buy one from somewhere. Until they start carrying it, I just wait and watch. Which is what the managers have told me to do as they have no control over what cards they get sent by their distributor (or so they claim).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
BloodyBelgrimBlake on Feb 25, 2014 wrote:
I'm in the Houston, Texas Area, with a nearby WalMart about every ten miles, but none of them are carrying the Hoodoo bundle on their shelves. None of the attendants or the managers have any clue what I'm talking about even when I take them a picture screen capped from the webpage. ...and KingsIsle is based in Texas, so it's a big WalMart hole that's not getting filled. I have patience and faith that before the bundle is taken off the shelves completely in a year or two that I will get to buy one from somewhere. Until they start carrying it, I just wait and watch. Which is what the managers have told me to do as they have no control over what cards they get sent by their distributor (or so they claim).
Welcome to the message boards Blegrim Blake . Thanks for the added intel as all this information about where the multitude of holes are perhaps we can get Walmart to carry it on their website. Just hoping we will prevail.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
Hmm... I have not been to the game card section in Walmart for quite a while. If no Hoodoo Bundle, we're going to have a Pennsylvania Walmart hole. (I hope not the whole country..)

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
3
I keep looking at every Walmart I go into. Still have not seen one Hoodoo Bundle card. Very disappointing.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
17
I totally agree I hope Walmart gets the hoodoo bundle to as many places as possible as I think other pirates agree ( not at any Walmart's in AZ either) :( Hopefully we can get them before their gone forever. (can pirate101 at least allow it to be sold at GameStop and not Walmart)

fearless maya nelson level 50 buccaneer

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
DarbyWindlass on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
I keep looking at every Walmart I go into. Still have not seen one Hoodoo Bundle card. Very disappointing.
One question - Are they different Walmarts?

Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
15
My local Walmart has zero P101, or W101 cards of any nature. They have plenty of Facebook and WOW though.

I have tried Walmart online as well to no avail.

It would be nice if the distributor cannot fulfill these cards out to Walmarts that they allow them to be sold directly to people on the site here.

Administrator
WindAnchor on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
My local Walmart has zero P101, or W101 cards of any nature. They have plenty of Facebook and WOW though.

I have tried Walmart online as well to no avail.

It would be nice if the distributor cannot fulfill these cards out to Walmarts that they allow them to be sold directly to people on the site here.
I just wanted to make sure you were venturing farther than the front of the store where they mostly keep the WOW and Facebook cards! Our game cards are usually kept back in the electronics section.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
17
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
I just wanted to make sure you were venturing farther than the front of the store where they mostly keep the WOW and Facebook cards! Our game cards are usually kept back in the electronics section.
I checked the electronics section and still didn't find anything I did find some wizard101 cards like the one with a whale mount etc and the one month pirate101 cards with pets but no hoodoo bundle :( hope the problem can be solved One-eyed jack please and thank ye it also would help other pirates not just me. Another thing why isn't it on Walmart's website?

fearless maya nelson lvl 50 buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
I just wanted to make sure you were venturing farther than the front of the store where they mostly keep the WOW and Facebook cards! Our game cards are usually kept back in the electronics section.
Good point Jack. In my area Walmart you need to go to the electronics dept for any Pirate cards too.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
15
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
I just wanted to make sure you were venturing farther than the front of the store where they mostly keep the WOW and Facebook cards! Our game cards are usually kept back in the electronics section.
Yes, I walked all over the electronics area, and scanned the PC software are two times.

I did check the front of the store as well; there was plenty of Minecraft, WOW, Facebook, and some other company that started with a "Z" as I recall.

Someone is dropping the ball with Walmart stores. As I say, you cannot even locate the HooDoo Bundle online at Walmart; that should say something is wrong.

I hope this helps in your quest to see this in the stores.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
For my Wal-Mart here in NJ, there's no Hoodoo Bundles. Actually, last time I went there no Pirate101 bundles were on the shelves. At first what I was thinking was that based on the amount of other items are being imported, and Wal-Mart is mostly a very large store with a wide variety of items for sale. But I wish KI made this available at GameStop or something, because GameStop is a gaming store, while War-Mart has about a thousand other items for sale. I guess i'll just have to keep looking.

Jacob

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
17
BrownBeard094 on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
For my Wal-Mart here in NJ, there's no Hoodoo Bundles. Actually, last time I went there no Pirate101 bundles were on the shelves. At first what I was thinking was that based on the amount of other items are being imported, and Wal-Mart is mostly a very large store with a wide variety of items for sale. But I wish KI made this available at GameStop or something, because GameStop is a gaming store, while War-Mart has about a thousand other items for sale. I guess i'll just have to keep looking.

Jacob
Guess I will keep looking too (as I have said in my other messages I hope this problem gets solved) (or it randomly showing up at Arizona's Walmart) I also totally agree with ye on the import of the items Walmart gets.

Fearless Maya Nelson level 50 Buccaneer

Ensign
Feb 04, 2014
1
I am having the same problem too. It might take a few days to get to our local Walmarts because it was just recently released.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
262
I am in Florida and i haven't seen a hoodoo bundle yet at all on the shelves of Walmarts in my area.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
17
Rockiesfan2442 on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I am having the same problem too. It might take a few days to get to our local Walmarts because it was just recently released.
hope ye are right mate

Fearless Maya Nelson lvl 51 Buccaneer

Ensign
Sep 14, 2013
1
Here is what I had to do:

I checked our local Walmart (front and back) and couldn't find it. So following the advice of someone on Pirate101Central's forums, I took them the following information (from the receipt of a helpful poster there):

Item # KIH00D00 29 079936606932 $29.00

SKU #799366069320006277005411458567

This allowed them to track it in their system, and sure enough, they had an unopened pack "in the security room". Apparently that's a room in the back of the store for locking up stuff like game cards that aren't on display yet, or some such. Anyway, it isn't on the website proper, but if you get them to punch the Item number into that little hand-held device they carry to check inventory, they MAY find out that they DO have it in stock, just not out on the floor yet. At first, they had trouble finding it there, but they said something to the effect of it being just the numeric values in the Item # that they needed, or something like that.

Anyway, using the Item number above, they tracked down the unopened pack of 20 in my local store, and I bought two of them on the spot. :-) So give that a shot. The store may have them and simply not realize they are different from the Admiral's Bundle, or other P101 cards.

Good hunting, me hearties!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
HotStuffPirate on Mar 18, 2014 wrote:
Here is what I had to do:

I checked our local Walmart (front and back) and couldn't find it. So following the advice of someone on Pirate101Central's forums, I took them the following information (from the receipt of a helpful poster there):

Item # KIH00D00 29 079936606932 $29.00

SKU #799366069320006277005411458567

This allowed them to track it in their system, and sure enough, they had an unopened pack "in the security room". Apparently that's a room in the back of the store for locking up stuff like game cards that aren't on display yet, or some such. Anyway, it isn't on the website proper, but if you get them to punch the Item number into that little hand-held device they carry to check inventory, they MAY find out that they DO have it in stock, just not out on the floor yet. At first, they had trouble finding it there, but they said something to the effect of it being just the numeric values in the Item # that they needed, or something like that.

Anyway, using the Item number above, they tracked down the unopened pack of 20 in my local store, and I bought two of them on the spot. :-) So give that a shot. The store may have them and simply not realize they are different from the Admiral's Bundle, or other P101 cards.

Good hunting, me hearties!
Welcome to the message boards HotStuffPirate. My Goodness you certainly landed here with a wondrous splash. This is fantastic information and I can't wait to get to my Walmart and triumphantly show them this. You have just given us the equivalent of the missing map piece. Well done. VERY well done. Thank you SO much.
* Huge Chrissy Hug *

Ensign
Jun 12, 2008
9
I haven't been able to find the Hoodoo Bundle at any of my area Walmarts (or any Pirate101 cards, for that matter). Today, I asked somebody in the Electronics Department of my closest store and he decided to look in an unopened box of game cards (for basically every game/service they carry cards for - not just Pirate101). Sure enough, there was a stack of shrink wrapped cards. He said that until they receive instructions to change up displays, the items just sit in boxes. They haven't had instructions, even though they've had the box a while, so it just sat there unopened until I asked about it.

I bought two - one for me and one for my son!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Ripper McGee on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
I haven't been able to find the Hoodoo Bundle at any of my area Walmarts (or any Pirate101 cards, for that matter). Today, I asked somebody in the Electronics Department of my closest store and he decided to look in an unopened box of game cards (for basically every game/service they carry cards for - not just Pirate101). Sure enough, there was a stack of shrink wrapped cards. He said that until they receive instructions to change up displays, the items just sit in boxes. They haven't had instructions, even though they've had the box a while, so it just sat there unopened until I asked about it.

I bought two - one for me and one for my son!
Well done in the detective department. *Hands Sherlock Bones Medal of Honor*

Administrator
Indeed! Well done!

I'm going to Cross-post here what I just posted in another thread to make sure it has wider visibility:

I just wanted to reassure you that we are in contact with the appropriate parties and are able to update this with a little more information now that it's available. Certain "layouts" of Walmart stores have taken more time resetting those cards which in turn has delayed the release of the Hoodoo Bundle in those specific stores. This explains why we have still been seeing sales of the cards and why there seems to be scattered or limited availability and why some people have been able to secure a Hoodoo card that was "hidden in the store somewhere" – because all the cards have shipped from the distributor to Walmart.

We will continue to monitor the situation, but at this point, the Hoodoo Bundle will hopefully be available in many more Walmart stores over the next couple of weeks. It’s up to Walmart to put the cards out on the shelves.

The recommendation of contacting the distributor is one that has helped Wizard101 players in the past, so it was a strategy that was co-opted in this instance for Pirate101 players. My recommendation of contacting your local Walmart with the UPC was one that was trying to empower you with more information and strategies.

Ultimately, it is definitely in our best interest to have this card widely available and we are definitely gathering feedback from you all concerning the delay in certain Walmart Stores. Thank you for your patience and for helping us in this process as we uncover more information.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
29
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Indeed! Well done!

I'm going to Cross-post here what I just posted in another thread to make sure it has wider visibility:

I just wanted to reassure you that we are in contact with the appropriate parties and are able to update this with a little more information now that it's available. Certain "layouts" of Walmart stores have taken more time resetting those cards which in turn has delayed the release of the Hoodoo Bundle in those specific stores. This explains why we have still been seeing sales of the cards and why there seems to be scattered or limited availability and why some people have been able to secure a Hoodoo card that was "hidden in the store somewhere" – because all the cards have shipped from the distributor to Walmart.

We will continue to monitor the situation, but at this point, the Hoodoo Bundle will hopefully be available in many more Walmart stores over the next couple of weeks. It’s up to Walmart to put the cards out on the shelves.

The recommendation of contacting the distributor is one that has helped Wizard101 players in the past, so it was a strategy that was co-opted in this instance for Pirate101 players. My recommendation of contacting your local Walmart with the UPC was one that was trying to empower you with more information and strategies.

Ultimately, it is definitely in our best interest to have this card widely available and we are definitely gathering feedback from you all concerning the delay in certain Walmart Stores. Thank you for your patience and for helping us in this process as we uncover more information.
Just wondering if it would be more beneficial to offer all bundles via your site as well as in stores. I know from past experience with both Wizard 101 and Pirate 101 bundles I have spent way too much time spinning my wheels traveling from one store to another in search of bundles. I think you would definitely see an increase in sales in offering them via your sites as well

1