Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

¡Hola! from El Kaboing

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the El Kaboing boss in Cool Ranch is a banditoad...
Nope. He just finished walloping on my baby musketeer before I beat the snot out of him in return. Trust me, he's a nag. Sorry -- a handsome horse. With an annoying guitar.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Ahoy,great to have you on the development team at KI!Can't wait to see the new update(probably Valencia pt 2)

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Hey El Kaboing,

I made an idea for this character Batbeard, and I made a critical theme for him, and it's pretty awesome, BUT

For some reason, in between the times 1.350 and 1.400 is a really noticable, high-pitched clicking sound that I don't know how to get rid of. I use this program thing called Audacity to edit my music, by the way. Also, sorry that this thing has to be in .mp4 format, but I can't figure out how to post .wav's on Pirate101Central.

Anyways, I have the critical theme on this page (don't worry, it only has 1 reply so you don't need to think about searching for it) and it's the only video on the page so it's pretty hard not to find. Do you know how to get rid of that sound?

Corrupt Lucas Vries
Level 65
Undead Reaper

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hey, El Kaboing, I kind of noticed that there's no proper Skyway combat music for Monquista & Valencia's Skyways when facing enemies in the skies during deckside combat. Right now, they're using the same normal land combat battle themes for Monquista & Valencia, respectively. If you've time to pass this on to the audio team, know them that I would like to hear new Skyway combat themes made & composed, & should be played while battling enemies in the Skyways.

There's something else I would like to speak. The theme used for Monquista's zones like Monquista City & some of Valencia's zones, like Sivella, I really love hearing that theme! Even in Valencia, it sure signifies the state some of the Valencians are in, held under the Clockwork Armada's iron will as prisoners, & reflects the dark tone of Valencia's state in that part of the 1st major storyline arc. Touched my heart very well to hear that theme that reflects Valencia's state. Though, I would think that the theme used in these Zones should be re-mixed into Valencia's variation of the theme with some new verses made for it & should be played in Valencia's Zones only instead of it shared in Valencia's Zones. Pass this on to the audio team, if you please. I would really like to hear that!

1 more quick note, about the many vulture enemies in Aquila, they are currently using a shortened version of Dead Mike's critical theme, not their own critical music themes. I guessed by paying attention to that, & I was right. If you've some time, check that out for yourself. I've heard that you've composed some very cool critical theme stingers. They are amazing! Maybe you could compose a new critical stinger theme for the vulture enemies. I would like to hear that. Please do so, if you've time.

You're quite a very talented composer, El Kaboing! Keep making more cool new tunes like the ones you've mentioned!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
You know, I think I'm starting to feel more content with certain bosses having their own combat themes, in addition to most bosses sharing land & skyway boss combat themes in P101's worlds. It makes certain encounters with notable favorite bosses feel more unique. I like that.

Perhaps I may like to hear unique combat themes for battling against Deacon in Cool Ranch's Motherlode Mine, Rooke in Marleybone's Wreck of the Victory, & Bishop in Beachhead. Maybe that could be done.

Maybe there should be a new unique boss combat theme heard for battling against the Nefarious Five bosses in The Tower of Moo Manchu in MooShu. I would really like to hear that. Hope there's time for that, at least.

Speaking of MooShu, I have to ask you this, El Kaboing, if you're around. I noticed many themes in MooShu are recycled themes from Wizard101, with the exception of MooShu's original Skyway & Skyway combat themes. Answer me this one question, why did they recycle these past themes instead of composing new themes? It feels repetitive to hear past themes from W101 in MooShu used in many zones in P101's MooShu. I could have maybe waited for PIrate101's side of MooShu to have original themes for land combat & many of it's zones to distinguish them from W101's themes in it's side of that world before it launched. I wouldn't mind, but, eh, can't change the past on what's been decided for P101 to launch, but there's always time to go back & implement new themes to past zones in P101, & even most & certain bosses, too.

Overall, I'm really liking the idea of certain bosses having unique combat themes, in addition to most sharing boss combat themes in P101's worlds. Hope there's at least some shared & unique boss combat themes to be added in many more updates to come!

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
Sometimes I hang out in the saloon just to listen to the piano!

Ensign
Dec 16, 2012
One of the absolute best parts of pirate101 in my opinion is the music. It really gets you in the mood for fighting.
(Also on a side note I kind of wish that El Kaboing had his guitar as a boss drop. Mainly because it would be hilarious to run around with a guitar as a weapon, and you could be a mariachi)