Hmmmm... too much piratin'?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Trying to avoid some household chores, I decided to update my notes on my pirates, mainly my records on the amount of scrip they pull from the hidden well in the Smuggler's Cove house (they all have one). I also totaled up their levels. Here are the statistics, which I am confident you will find very exciting.

I have 20 pirates scattered over four accounts.* Together, they have earned 1,077 levels of pirating; the average Indigo pirate is level 53.85. Six are maxed at 70 (although only half of those have thrashed Kane), and the baby, Messina, weighs in at level 12. But she is a fierce level 12.

In terms of pulling scrip from the secret well, they have between them pulled up 22,020 in scrip. The record holder is Morgan, at 1,605 scrip from her well. She is also the only pirate of mine to find scrip in her well four days in a row (my estimate is that you have about a 1 in 6 chance of finding scrip in the well). Five other pirates have found scrip three days running. Silver Roslyn managed to scrounge 270 in her three-day run, which is going to be hard to beat as the theoretical max = 300.

-Indigo

*Twenty pirates not counting Talon Orne. We never talk about Talon. He is not counted in any of the above statistics, poor lad.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8645
Indigo Ring on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Trying to avoid some household chores, I decided to update my notes on my pirates, mainly my records on the amount of scrip they pull from the hidden well in the Smuggler's Cove house (they all have one). I also totaled up their levels. Here are the statistics, which I am confident you will find very exciting.

I have 20 pirates scattered over four accounts.* Together, they have earned 1,077 levels of pirating; the average Indigo pirate is level 53.85. Six are maxed at 70 (although only half of those have thrashed Kane), and the baby, Messina, weighs in at level 12. But she is a fierce level 12.

In terms of pulling scrip from the secret well, they have between them pulled up 22,020 in scrip. The record holder is Morgan, at 1,605 scrip from her well. She is also the only pirate of mine to find scrip in her well four days in a row (my estimate is that you have about a 1 in 6 chance of finding scrip in the well). Five other pirates have found scrip three days running. Silver Roslyn managed to scrounge 270 in her three-day run, which is going to be hard to beat as the theoretical max = 300.

-Indigo

*Twenty pirates not counting Talon Orne. We never talk about Talon. He is not counted in any of the above statistics, poor lad.
I applaud your statistical efforts. That's some interesting information on the wishing well in the Smuggler's Cove house.
Now, I think you left some variables out: average Nautical level for your pirates, average chance of a companion to bring back a pet from Wranglin' and do you own a Smuggler's Arena on one ( or more ) accounts and what is the average take of scrip for your arena runs?
The Party Room is still too new for a sample, I suppose.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
Indigo Ring on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Trying to avoid some household chores, I decided to update my notes on my pirates, mainly my records on the amount of scrip they pull from the hidden well in the Smuggler's Cove house (they all have one). I also totaled up their levels. Here are the statistics, which I am confident you will find very exciting.

I have 20 pirates scattered over four accounts.* Together, they have earned 1,077 levels of pirating; the average Indigo pirate is level 53.85. Six are maxed at 70 (although only half of those have thrashed Kane), and the baby, Messina, weighs in at level 12. But she is a fierce level 12.

In terms of pulling scrip from the secret well, they have between them pulled up 22,020 in scrip. The record holder is Morgan, at 1,605 scrip from her well. She is also the only pirate of mine to find scrip in her well four days in a row (my estimate is that you have about a 1 in 6 chance of finding scrip in the well). Five other pirates have found scrip three days running. Silver Roslyn managed to scrounge 270 in her three-day run, which is going to be hard to beat as the theoretical max = 300.

-Indigo

*Twenty pirates not counting Talon Orne. We never talk about Talon. He is not counted in any of the above statistics, poor lad.
AWESOME! there is no such thing as to much pirating. And why do you never talk about talon?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Rogan has my Smuggler's Arena, anecorbie. I never tracked how much scrip pirates have pulled from it, though. Rogan has successfully soloed it a couple of times, but mostly he runs it with other pirates. The Arena is the main reason he has the Pirate King's Retreat (cabin).

I will do a count of nautical levels, though. It will probably be very close to pirate levels if not the same, though, since when I pirate stops running for a time I put some of the crew on "sailin' orders" if the pirate's nautical level is lagging.

I have one pirate lounging in the party room. She never sees anyone.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8645
Indigo Ring on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Trying to avoid some household chores, I decided to update my notes on my pirates, mainly my records on the amount of scrip they pull from the hidden well in the Smuggler's Cove house (they all have one). I also totaled up their levels. Here are the statistics, which I am confident you will find very exciting.

I have 20 pirates scattered over four accounts.* Together, they have earned 1,077 levels of pirating; the average Indigo pirate is level 53.85. Six are maxed at 70 (although only half of those have thrashed Kane), and the baby, Messina, weighs in at level 12. But she is a fierce level 12.

In terms of pulling scrip from the secret well, they have between them pulled up 22,020 in scrip. The record holder is Morgan, at 1,605 scrip from her well. She is also the only pirate of mine to find scrip in her well four days in a row (my estimate is that you have about a 1 in 6 chance of finding scrip in the well). Five other pirates have found scrip three days running. Silver Roslyn managed to scrounge 270 in her three-day run, which is going to be hard to beat as the theoretical max = 300.

-Indigo

*Twenty pirates not counting Talon Orne. We never talk about Talon. He is not counted in any of the above statistics, poor lad.
Is Talon the one who leads the Banana Brigade?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1072
kingme655 on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
AWESOME! there is no such thing as to much pirating. And why do you never talk about talon?
Talon, pobrecito, is very much a temporary tattoo of a pirate.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1072
anecorbie on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
I applaud your statistical efforts. That's some interesting information on the wishing well in the Smuggler's Cove house.
Now, I think you left some variables out: average Nautical level for your pirates, average chance of a companion to bring back a pet from Wranglin' and do you own a Smuggler's Arena on one ( or more ) accounts and what is the average take of scrip for your arena runs?
The Party Room is still too new for a sample, I suppose.
Unless he's doing something different than I am, the scrip counts only the stuff pulled from the wishing well. I have a spread sheet going back over the last couple of years, with all 20 of my pirates recording daily scrip or gold intake. There have been maybe seven days that I've not visited the wells. Very few of those days involved no scrip at all, although some days only one or two pirates actually hit scrip.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Since Fiorenza has been recording what each pirate pulls from the well everyday (I just keep a list of their scrip hits) once one of us takes time to wade through her records we should be able to calculate a more accurate number for the chance of a scrip hit. Our general impression is about one in six chance of hitting scrip. While secret well gold amounts seem to be generally tied to character level (although a lower-level pirate still occasionally can hit multiple-hundreds in gold), the scrip hits seem to be totally random and ignore level - the minimum is 5 and the maximum is 100.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Karic Atherton leads the Banana Brigade, anecorbie. He is currently lounging, at level 65, in Aquila.

Talon Orne is on my pay-for-play account. His sole purpose is to be there when my other pirates want to dump their more useless doubloons. Once he has filled up at 20 on any of the useless doubloon types, I delete him. And then recreate him. I am currently on Talon Orne IV, if I remember correctly.

-Indigo

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
I have two accounts 6 on the main one Rodrigo,Isabel,Britney,Amber,Jessica,Nicole and 2 former pirate characters Monica and Ariel ( she was a temporary character ).

In my second I have 3 Blaze , Vanessa ,Gabriel and coming in new years eve a ( a male character ).

I may have 8, soon to be 9 pirate characters.Until then see you at the ( Kane interrupted my closing thought, I shouldn't have let Kane in my ship cabin, oh well at least he is alone. )

( Contessa escorted Kane out of my ship cabin ). Until then see you at the skyway and than you Contessa.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Best of luck to your veteran pirates and the newcomer, Monkrinx. Do you normally just give your pirates just the one name, or are you only listing the first name? I vary: a few with a single name (Angel, Morgan), some with an adjective and a first name (like Black Angela), but most with firstname and second name, no descriptive adjective (Kieran Quinn, Taryn Deveraux, etc). I don't think I have any with all three parts to the name.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1272
Indigo Ring on Dec 23, 2017 wrote:
Best of luck to your veteran pirates and the newcomer, Monkrinx. Do you normally just give your pirates just the one name, or are you only listing the first name? I vary: a few with a single name (Angel, Morgan), some with an adjective and a first name (like Black Angela), but most with firstname and second name, no descriptive adjective (Kieran Quinn, Taryn Deveraux, etc). I don't think I have any with all three parts to the name.

-Indigo
I have one of each! I have my main Pirate, Helpful Aurora Parker (adjective, first name and last name), Brave Kiley (adjective and first name but no last name), Nora (first name but no adjective or last name), Destiny Galway (first name and last name but no adjective) and Clever Tavia (same as my Buccaneer, Kiley).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8645
Helpful Aurora Par... on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
I have one of each! I have my main Pirate, Helpful Aurora Parker (adjective, first name and last name), Brave Kiley (adjective and first name but no last name), Nora (first name but no adjective or last name), Destiny Galway (first name and last name but no adjective) and Clever Tavia (same as my Buccaneer, Kiley).
So, this thread has been changed to: "How Did You Name Your Pirate?"
Yes I have the same mix of names:
Bold Bess Nightingale ( descriptive, name, last name )
Black Morgan Moone
Silver Isis ( descriptive, name )
and 3 "plain vanilla' names:
Darcy Abbott
Marian Kidd
and Esperanza Devereaux ( can you imagine the nightmare of adding a descriptive to Esperanza? The name is already too long as it is! )

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Nice mixin' and matchin' there, Aurora.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
Another case of thread drift.

Mostly my pirates are taking a break from hitting the old wishing well while we are visiting my parents over the holidays. But one of my wizards has been sneaking in some gaming time.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1272
anecorbie on Dec 26, 2017 wrote:
So, this thread has been changed to: "How Did You Name Your Pirate?"
Yes I have the same mix of names:
Bold Bess Nightingale ( descriptive, name, last name )
Black Morgan Moone
Silver Isis ( descriptive, name )
and 3 "plain vanilla' names:
Darcy Abbott
Marian Kidd
and Esperanza Devereaux ( can you imagine the nightmare of adding a descriptive to Esperanza? The name is already too long as it is! )
LOL!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1272
Indigo Ring on Dec 26, 2017 wrote:
Nice mixin' and matchin' there, Aurora.

-Indigo
Haha, thanks!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1300
To answer one of anecorbie's earlier questions: the combined nautical levels of my 20 pirates = 1,075, two levels lower than their combined character levels. Two were significantly lower (one six levels lower), but many were one level higher to help balance it out. Those who showed up negligent have been given a firm talking to, and crew have been assigned to remedy the situation.

-Indigo