happy "4th of July" to every pirate

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 26, 2010
586
Happy 4th of July to ye all, so have a very pirating 4th of July me hearty's.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
108
Thank you for saying 4th of July. One thing that is one of my pet peeves is that another word for this day is "Independence Day", and as for those who really payed attention in History class that this isn't really the day we gained our independence from the monarchy of Britain. This is the day only when Thomas Jefferson (3rd President of the U.S) finished writing the Declaration Of Independence, and was adopted to the Continental Congress. But when they sent the Declaration to the King, he didn't even read it, and hid it.

We should really be celebration our independence on October 19th. Because on that day in 1781 was the end of The Battle of Yorktown, the final major battle on American soil. But if you guys were taught about the Louisiana Purchase Britain soldiers did not leave their forts after the war. Only the War of 1812 (aka the Forgotten War) made those soldiers leave and gave us the inspiration of our National Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner.

I know that we celebrate our independence on this day because of our Declaration, and I accept it. But I just wanted to educate you guys on this day on this historical day.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
jack morgan933 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Happy 4th of July to ye all, so have a very pirating 4th of July me hearty's.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Thank you Jack, hope you have a fun, spectacular and safe 4th of July as well. It's one of the few times a year where it's perfectly sane to head towards the bright lights, like moths to the flames we are! Enjoy everyone!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
215
jack morgan933 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Happy 4th of July to ye all, so have a very pirating 4th of July me hearty's.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
happy forth of july to you as well
arceus
zap

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
104
Happy 4th although I for some reason though a few minutes ago when it hit midnight that it was New Years whoops happy new 4th of July years ppl and stay American
Sings oh say can you see by the dawns early light? What so proudly we hailed at the twilights.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Richard Ashthorn on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for saying 4th of July. One thing that is one of my pet peeves is that another word for this day is "Independence Day", and as for those who really payed attention in History class that this isn't really the day we gained our independence from the monarchy of Britain. This is the day only when Thomas Jefferson (3rd President of the U.S) finished writing the Declaration Of Independence, and was adopted to the Continental Congress. But when they sent the Declaration to the King, he didn't even read it, and hid it.

We should really be celebration our independence on October 19th. Because on that day in 1781 was the end of The Battle of Yorktown, the final major battle on American soil. But if you guys were taught about the Louisiana Purchase Britain soldiers did not leave their forts after the war. Only the War of 1812 (aka the Forgotten War) made those soldiers leave and gave us the inspiration of our National Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner.

I know that we celebrate our independence on this day because of our Declaration, and I accept it. But I just wanted to educate you guys on this day on this historical day.
Well done and I thank you for the refreshing of my wonderful American History classes.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
we went to Austin Texas, I didn't get to see you people at ki though because I didn't know where you were but I still had fun, it was my mom and dads anniversary from getting married, while they went to one firework show I stayed at the hotel ate some fast food watched TV and watched 5 different firework shows and they got stuck in traffic for 3 hours with a screaming baby... ya a great anniversary. well I learned something, it pays to stay inside. but ya happy 4th

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
814
Richard Ashthorn on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for saying 4th of July. One thing that is one of my pet peeves is that another word for this day is "Independence Day", and as for those who really payed attention in History class that this isn't really the day we gained our independence from the monarchy of Britain. This is the day only when Thomas Jefferson (3rd President of the U.S) finished writing the Declaration Of Independence, and was adopted to the Continental Congress. But when they sent the Declaration to the King, he didn't even read it, and hid it.

We should really be celebration our independence on October 19th. Because on that day in 1781 was the end of The Battle of Yorktown, the final major battle on American soil. But if you guys were taught about the Louisiana Purchase Britain soldiers did not leave their forts after the war. Only the War of 1812 (aka the Forgotten War) made those soldiers leave and gave us the inspiration of our National Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner.

I know that we celebrate our independence on this day because of our Declaration, and I accept it. But I just wanted to educate you guys on this day on this historical day.
Hey, the War of 1812 also led to the torching of your White House, or do you guys skip that part in history class?
And, don't forget that is was you Americans who started the War of 1812 by declaring war on Britian, and then invading Canada. However, by the end of the war, not only had we defeated the American occupation force in Southwestern Ontario and defeated the American invasion force sent into Quebec, but we also had control of the Great Lakes, and several of your more northerly states. Sadly, however, at the end of the war, the Crown requested that we give back all conquered land in order to maintain favourable trade agreements with the US.

And yes, we even marched into Washington D.C. and torched the White House (I'm told it was a lovely salmon pink colour at the time). Canada still remains the only country in the world who's armed forces have looted the American capital. Actually, in a historic fort not to far from where I live is a portrait of King George III, and that portrait is now hung in a frame that was taken from the White House, where it used to hold a portrait of George Washington.

So, I'm sorry Richard, buy you guys didn't make the British army leave US soil during the War of 1812, they left because The Crown told them to.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5765
CdeWinter on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Hey, the War of 1812 also led to the torching of your White House, or do you guys skip that part in history class?
And, don't forget that is was you Americans who started the War of 1812 by declaring war on Britian, and then invading Canada. However, by the end of the war, not only had we defeated the American occupation force in Southwestern Ontario and defeated the American invasion force sent into Quebec, but we also had control of the Great Lakes, and several of your more northerly states. Sadly, however, at the end of the war, the Crown requested that we give back all conquered land in order to maintain favourable trade agreements with the US.

And yes, we even marched into Washington D.C. and torched the White House (I'm told it was a lovely salmon pink colour at the time). Canada still remains the only country in the world who's armed forces have looted the American capital. Actually, in a historic fort not to far from where I live is a portrait of King George III, and that portrait is now hung in a frame that was taken from the White House, where it used to hold a portrait of George Washington.

So, I'm sorry Richard, buy you guys didn't make the British army leave US soil during the War of 1812, they left because The Crown told them to.
I was wondering when you were going to weigh in with the opposing view point Yeah it was a total shock to find out that the good ol' USA had invaded Canada during the War of 1812 & got our derrier's kicked to boot! ( BTW I found this out, not in school, but PBS ) ! Britain's resources were divided between defending Canadian territory and the war with Napoleon. That's why the USA tried a land grab, thinking 1. it would be easy and 2. surely the Canadians would want their 'liberty'. HA!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
CdeWinter on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Hey, the War of 1812 also led to the torching of your White House, or do you guys skip that part in history class?
And, don't forget that is was you Americans who started the War of 1812 by declaring war on Britian, and then invading Canada. However, by the end of the war, not only had we defeated the American occupation force in Southwestern Ontario and defeated the American invasion force sent into Quebec, but we also had control of the Great Lakes, and several of your more northerly states. Sadly, however, at the end of the war, the Crown requested that we give back all conquered land in order to maintain favourable trade agreements with the US.

And yes, we even marched into Washington D.C. and torched the White House (I'm told it was a lovely salmon pink colour at the time). Canada still remains the only country in the world who's armed forces have looted the American capital. Actually, in a historic fort not to far from where I live is a portrait of King George III, and that portrait is now hung in a frame that was taken from the White House, where it used to hold a portrait of George Washington.

So, I'm sorry Richard, buy you guys didn't make the British army leave US soil during the War of 1812, they left because The Crown told them to.
1 we learned about the burning of the white house in school
2 we started the war because you were destroying our trading ships and taking the sailors hostage and forcing them to work for you, does that sound very nice to you?
3 you didn't defeat us it ended in a treaty which means we both won, we won part of Canada to, don't you remember?
we also won the great lakes from you in a ship battle, and we took back some of the northern states.
4 In the treaty we made you move out, it wasn't the crowns choice.
5 we won back the Washington DC
6 if I recall we saved your butts in WWII, if it wasn't for us there would be no Great Britain, so I guess we are even.

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
108
CdeWinter on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Hey, the War of 1812 also led to the torching of your White House, or do you guys skip that part in history class?
And, don't forget that is was you Americans who started the War of 1812 by declaring war on Britian, and then invading Canada. However, by the end of the war, not only had we defeated the American occupation force in Southwestern Ontario and defeated the American invasion force sent into Quebec, but we also had control of the Great Lakes, and several of your more northerly states. Sadly, however, at the end of the war, the Crown requested that we give back all conquered land in order to maintain favourable trade agreements with the US.

And yes, we even marched into Washington D.C. and torched the White House (I'm told it was a lovely salmon pink colour at the time). Canada still remains the only country in the world who's armed forces have looted the American capital. Actually, in a historic fort not to far from where I live is a portrait of King George III, and that portrait is now hung in a frame that was taken from the White House, where it used to hold a portrait of George Washington.

So, I'm sorry Richard, buy you guys didn't make the British army leave US soil during the War of 1812, they left because The Crown told them to.
Yes I do remember being taught about the burning of Washington D.C (though the torching of D.C was during the war not after). And also the British force actually ate in the White House and used their plates and silverware when dining. Thank you for reminding about it, but my teacher did not tell us about the Crown telling the soldiers to leave. I found a pretty good video about the War of 1812. (Sorry, no outside links to YouTube -- One-Eyed Jack)

You say that we declared war and yes that's true, but we declared war because the British were imprisoning U.S soldiers to help them with the Napoleonic Wars (aka the Polarian War). Actually I do remember that Dolly Madison (First Lady of the time) found out that the British/Canadian/Indian(?) force was coming to D.C and before she retreated she toke a portrait of George Washington because she thought that if they got their hands onto it they would vandalize it and most likely burn it.