Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Halo

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2015
Hey everyone,

I'm posting this to see everyone's perspective on players spamming team up ledger. So far I've seen very mixed reactions hence this post. If you disapprove of this action I'd like to hear why and vise versa if you approve of it or even if you're neutral about it.

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ScratchBombs on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm posting this to see everyone's perspective on players spamming team up ledger. So far I've seen very mixed reactions hence this post. If you disapprove of this action I'd like to hear why and vise versa if you approve of it or even if you're neutral about it.

Thanks!
Welcome to the message boards, ScratchBombs!
If by spamming the team-up ledger you mean those sneaky, underhanded pirates who quickly learn how to manipulate a new content to their advantage, then it doesn't bother me at all.
Is there a prize for being first to get a badge?
I know that eventually I will earn that badge if I keep on helping pirates in difficult dungeons; it doesn't bother me that others are taking a short cut.
Let them enjoy the fruits of their "labor", the rest of us know who we are.
See you in the Team-ups!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Hello and welcome Vault 6679, we're happy to have you on the message boards.

I think the team-up ledger is excellent, as it allows me to pop in and help anywhere with my max level pirate, or just use it for quick-and-easy farming.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
Welcome to the Message Boards, Vault6679! Is it okay if you could define, "Spamming Team Up Ledger"? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It is said that "There is two sides to every story" and I was reminded of this by a friend of mine when I went on-line this morning.
He is one of these "badge farmers". He's a non-member, otherwise he'd be posting his own arguments in defense of "badge farming". He has given me permission to present a couple of his arguments instead.
1. When KI made it that you need so many runs to get these badges it became inevitable that the only way to achieve them is by farming.
2. He said, "I've never helped so many new pirates fight Finn." So he's legitimately helping.
And I point this out in his defense: as he no longer has a membership the only areas he can join a team-up is in the free to play areas of Skull Island.
So guys, cut these "badge farmers" some slack and don't let it bother you whether they're doing this for "selfish" reasons or not.
There are worse things to be in this game than a "badge farmer" ( Bullying trolls, for instance. )
This is only a game!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Welcome to the message boards vault! I am what people call a "badge grinder", so just know that while reading this.

Good: Encourages team work
Makes questing easier for others
Helps with enemy badge grinding

Bad: Discourages socialization
The amount of work required for the final badge is absurd. I would recommend the max to be "help 500 teams", but even that is being generous
Lower leveled pirates can feel worthless since badge grinders can make them think they are just rungs on the ladder to team up badges

Tl;dr: The amount of team ups required for the max badge is absurd and needs to be lowered. Completing team up badges doesn't take skill, it just takes time.

See you in the spiral,
Alex the Pirate

Ensign
May 30, 2009
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
I'm fine with it so far, Some people do want the effect because it looks cool, Including myself. I'm fine with spamming the ledger to get the badge as long as i do use the ledger as intended and asked from KI to get it. I still can't find the issue here. We don't want to deal with long dungeons, Unfortunately those who attack us for spamming the ledger for the badge don't want to accept that there's people that actually don't want to deal with long dungeons that takes time to finish. If they do want to help people, They're free to help them, And we're free to spam the team up ledger for the badge.Simple as that. It's unfortunate to see pointless ranting posts from them about a badge that we do aim for to look ''cool''.

Ensign
Jan 07, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, Vault6679! Is it okay if you could define, "Spamming Team Up Ledger"? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!
Thanks!

In terms of using the Team Up Ledger repeatedly in order to obtain the badges quickly. Whether it be doing long dungeons or spamming The Throne Room. If you'd like me to further explain please let me know.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Hello! Welcome to the message boards my friend! i have no problem with people "spamming" the team up thing because frankly it makes farming quite a bit easier.

Vittoria agli assassini!

Roberto.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Also why is this thread called halo? when i clicked on it i thought it meant halo as in Spartan 117 and cortana halo, lol.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
ScratchBombs on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
Thanks!

In terms of using the Team Up Ledger repeatedly in order to obtain the badges quickly. Whether it be doing long dungeons or spamming The Throne Room. If you'd like me to further explain please let me know.
No further explanation needed; I understand now. Thanks!

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016
Hey everyone,

Thanks!
I think it's totally fine. There are a lot of people who want the team badge system to be changed, because they don't appreciate how people are taking the short route at the expense of actual people who need to run certain dungeons. But in my opinion, people should have the free will to choose which dungeons they want to run. As long as said people are being fair to the first timers of a specific dungeon, there should be no problem in pertains to which path badge earners want to follow. After all, that's how its always been, when you take into account the smuggler, moo tower, and kane dungeon badges.

Ensign
Jan 07, 2015
fearless robert sp... on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
Also why is this thread called halo? when i clicked on it i thought it meant halo as in Spartan 117 and cortana halo, lol.
I named the thread "Halo" after the badge a vast majority is after. Once you obtain a certain badge from using Team Up Ledger you'll apparently receive a halo effect. In order to redeem this effect plenty are spamming Ledger,Throne Room more specifically, and this is to see the public's reaction/feedback on it.

-- My bad on not further explaining in my original post.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Maybe it's for "hello"?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Hello! Welcome to the message boards my friend! i have no problem with people "spamming" the team up thing because frankly it makes farming quite a bit easier.

Vittoria agli assassini!

Roberto.
Vittoria agli assassini? That's not exactly the most positive statement I've heard, but it's okay. Do you possibly mean, "vittoria agli pirati", which means "victory to pirates", not "murderers"? "Assassini" means "murderers"; maybe you were referring to pirates (pirati).

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 7, 2017 wrote:
Vittoria agli assassini? That's not exactly the most positive statement I've heard, but it's okay. Do you possibly mean, "vittoria agli pirati", which means "victory to pirates", not "murderers"? "Assassini" means "murderers"; maybe you were referring to pirates (pirati).
Pardon me, i am a bit late. And yeah i meant vittoria algi pirati. Thanks for the correction! :D

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I just want to know why halo is not a white word. Why is it restricted yellow?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Avery Court Grace on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
Huh?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Avery Court Grace on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
Good question.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
Good question.
I'm sorry; I'm confused here. What is she talking about?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
I'm sorry; I'm confused here. What is she talking about?
I think she's referring to Open Chat; in Text Chat words that are allowed show as white, words that are not allowed show as red. So in Open Chat words that the player can say to another Open Chat player, but not be seen by a Text Chat player are yellow. ( I believe. )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
It is said that "There is two sides to every story" and I was reminded of this by a friend of mine when I went on-line this morning.
He is one of these "badge farmers". He's a non-member, otherwise he'd be posting his own arguments in defense of "badge farming". He has given me permission to present a couple of his arguments instead.
1. When KI made it that you need so many runs to get these badges it became inevitable that the only way to achieve them is by farming.
2. He said, "I've never helped so many new pirates fight Finn." So he's legitimately helping.
And I point this out in his defense: as he no longer has a membership the only areas he can join a team-up is in the free to play areas of Skull Island.
So guys, cut these "badge farmers" some slack and don't let it bother you whether they're doing this for "selfish" reasons or not.
There are worse things to be in this game than a "badge farmer" ( Bullying trolls, for instance. )
This is only a game!
I personally hadn't thought about those higher levels who no longer have a membership but want the Badges. I am all the way up to 29/100 because I only choose to help in Cool Ranch or higher, but the team ups in those worlds are much more rare, and actually likely to result in the requester falling asleep and missing the confirmation. In the early days, just about the only things to team up for were Throne Room, The Machine and Tower of Moo Manchu -- so, an easy choice for those who are limited.

I've been seeing other dungeons like Pyramid of Fire more often lately, so new free-to-play pirates are looking for and getting help, which is a good thing.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
I think she's referring to Open Chat; in Text Chat words that are allowed show as white, words that are not allowed show as red. So in Open Chat words that the player can say to another Open Chat player, but not be seen by a Text Chat player are yellow. ( I believe. )
Ah, that would make sense.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
That's what I meant.