Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Good swashbuckler companions?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I started a swash recently, and he's only level 7, his name is Silent Luke Vaughn and I know I've posted his name as Stormy Luke Vaughn But I got mixed up. When asking for good swashbuckler companions most people fling their hands to the keyboard and say "FanBonnieElToroSarah" But I prefer more variety. I personally, actually why am I saying personally? EVERYONE hates Nurse Quinn, Crazed monkey and Crab Hermit. So I am wondering since I like to have an army of companions, what companions besides Fan, Bonnie, Subodai, El toro and Sarah should I use?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
I started a swash recently, and he's only level 7, his name is Silent Luke Vaughn and I know I've posted his name as Stormy Luke Vaughn But I got mixed up. When asking for good swashbuckler companions most people fling their hands to the keyboard and say "FanBonnieElToroSarah" But I prefer more variety. I personally, actually why am I saying personally? EVERYONE hates Nurse Quinn, Crazed monkey and Crab Hermit. So I am wondering since I like to have an army of companions, what companions besides Fan, Bonnie, Subodai, El toro and Sarah should I use?
Who's your Presidio companion? IMO, they're all very good, I use Ratbeard frequently. He should always be in your top tier.
For future reference - Tricky Vinnie is useful if Bonnie is unavailable. The Monquistador Explorer ( who you get in Monquista ) is also a little power house.
I love Mustang Sally. Froggo Villa & the Toreador are very excellent companions. Shiruko Nekko ( ninja cat ) is most excellent. I don't care for Monkey King very much or Ju Hao, but they're worth getting.
Buffalo Bill is very good ( especially after his level 60 promotion ). Did I mention Contessa Argento? She'll be your VA2 companion, and she's very good indeed.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
In Cool Ranch you will get access to 2 great swashbuckler companions.

Toreador and Froggo Villa.

As for Nurse Quinn I have always thought she could have potential if you just kept on training her up and getting those epics but I can't be sure becuase I have never used her.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I happen to like Monkey King and Shiruku Neko too. I also like using Rooster Cogburn and Buffalo Bill for some specific kinds of fights, even though they are not Swashes, but are boosted by agility boosts.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
Who's your Presidio companion? IMO, they're all very good, I use Ratbeard frequently. He should always be in your top tier.
For future reference - Tricky Vinnie is useful if Bonnie is unavailable. The Monquistador Explorer ( who you get in Monquista ) is also a little power house.
I love Mustang Sally. Froggo Villa & the Toreador are very excellent companions. Shiruko Nekko ( ninja cat ) is most excellent. I don't care for Monkey King very much or Ju Hao, but they're worth getting.
Buffalo Bill is very good ( especially after his level 60 promotion ). Did I mention Contessa Argento? She'll be your VA2 companion, and she's very good indeed.
I picked Jack.