Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

gifts box failing to redeem items

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 20, 2009
Is anyone having problems being able to redeem anything from the gift icon on their screen. I have several items that I'm now wishing to redeem (clothes, pets, ships, weapons, etc), and each time I try to do so, I get the same message "The Item Failed to Redeem", regardless of what that particular item is. I have no clue what is causing this. Only in the last few weeks have I gotten back into the game, and now I want to start using what I have from gift bundles, but its not possible. Is there anyone who can help. I've tried going into the dorm, no good. Into the location of my trainer since I'm currently battling as a privateer, again, but again that's no good. I have the game on 2 different computers, my desk top and my lap top, but unable to redeem on either of them.

Can anyone out there help me figure this problem out.

Thanks in advance

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Unfortunately this is a known issue. Try logging out and back in or going to the character select screen, switching characters then switching back and try to redeem again. That can help resolve the issue.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Bonnie Anne on May 15, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Unfortunately this is a known issue. Try logging out and back in or going to the character select screen, switching characters then switching back and try to redeem again. That can help resolve the issue.
The same thing happened to me and nothing I do seems to help. I will say that the items that fail to redeem have been sitting there for over 6 months because I only redeemed part of some bundles I had purchased. More recent items redeem with no problems, so I assume that items in the gift box have a shelf life of about 6 months which seems perfectly reasonable to me. It's no big deal for me in this instance because all of these items are duplicates anyway. I bought the Admiral's Bundle for all 5 of my pirates just for the outfit. I already had ships for them that I liked a lot so I didn't redeem those included in the bundle. The same with the Empire Bundle which I bought just for Nausica.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You must immediately redeem an item after you select your Pirate and press play to enter the game. Most of the time, if I am on the Pirate I want to have the item, I have to select another Pirate, press play, go back to the selection screen, select the Pirate I was on, press play and redeem my gift(s). Doesn't work for me when I just go to the Pirate Selection Screen and press play to get the Pirate I was on to redeem a gift. I have been unable to redeem after moving and getting a Treasure Chest or , sometimes, just moving!