FrogFather Friday -- Your FrogFather Impersonation

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello my Pirate friends and happy July 4th! Don’t you just love fireworks the way they baddabing and baddaboom across the sky? There’s nothing like laying back on a lily pad under the starry night, a jar of spiced crickets at your side, and a clarinet prop’d at ya lips to play along with the triumphant marching music! I find it all so ribbeting, really, it gets me a little emotional over here. (Max, bring me some tissue would ya please already.”)

Ohhhh, this gives FrogFather an idea! How’s about we create some of our own fireworks with a special Frogfather Friday competition? That’s right, in the spirit of Independence and celebration, let’s see who can send in the best imitation of “FrogFather” (that’s me) writing a “Frogfather Friday” installment. (That’ll be you)

You can write on whatever subject you like pertaining to Pirate101 gameplay, and we’ll pick the bestest one and spin it across all the revolving media sites, Cowpernicus? Caporkchops? Understand what I’m sayin’?

Maybe you want to discuss your favorite World in the Spiral? Or, if there’s a Feature you feel would really make the Pirate experience better, let’s hear about that one and this one and that other thing ya been thinking about. Whatever the Pirate101 subject, have some fun, keep it respectful, put on your tux and make me an offer I can’t refuse, from myself!

Otherwhichwaywise, I want everybody to have a very safe and very joyful holiday this weekend, and I can’t wait to hear from me - or uh, yous – in the coming weeks. Just leave your impersonation as a response to this here message, my pirate friends.

Ciao time,
FF

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Commodore
May 31, 2009
797
Hello all, this is your Frogfather wishing you a happy fourth of July weekend! I was thinkin' today about Pirate101 and some commonly discussed features, and one thing stood out like a bumbaloon amongst buffaloons: Flag colors. It's been all over these forums here, and many pirates are asking to change their colors! I'll need some good, solid flag information before I think about that! You get what I'm sayin'? You catchin' what I'm throwin' at'cha?

So, some things I've noticed are that many pirates out there just went with that generic white and orange. Why'd ya do that? Was it because you liked the combo, or because you were so incredibly completely toadally excited to get started on your quest to El Dorado that you didn't even think about it? I'm not sayin' that white and orange is a bad combo, just maybe a tad unoriginal. What about something with a little bounce, like green and black? Also, a lot of you pirates use the more common colors: red, blue, black, yellow, you know what I mean. Why not try a unique combo like teal and tan? Or maybe indigo and olive?

Your flag symbols are all quite diverse, but another question I have for you is: Did you want to match the symbol to your flag's colors, or go for something totally opposite? I personally like the different colors, it reminds me of watching sunsets on warm summer nights. Ah, what I wouldn't give for a box of chocolate-covered dragonflies, a nice lily pad, and a view of the setting sun!

A Pirate's flag tells everyone who he (or she) is, so they're quite important! Why did you choose the symbol and colors you did, and how do they reflect who you are? Do the colors mean anything, or are they just combined for that terrifically cool factor? Does your symbol represent anything about you? I'd like to hear your reasoning behind the design of your flag!

Well, I've rambled on for quite long enough now, so I think I'll be taking my leave, ribbit. Stay safe and well this summer, my Pirate friends!

Ciao!
Frogfather

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
43
Greetings my pirate acquaintances, hope the whale didn't gives ya too much trouble on the ways in. Ya know just last week, my office got *this* close to bein digested. Nasty business movin it back but it's still easier then findin a new place. Ah but I go on, frogetaboutit.

Anyhows I gots a question needs some form of an answer to go with it. There are many stormgates in the various skyways, I should know, I run the biggest yum smuggling operation in the spiral, but most of these Stormgates don't say where they go. So the thing I want to hear from you is your theories on which of these unmarked stormgates lead to what world. I hear talk that Blind Mew may know but either he aint talkin or he's just as clueless as my bodyguard Max. Either way tell me what ya think, and if ya dont think anything, then start thinkin, and tell me that.

Anyway, have an ice time out there, and don't wolf down what food you find, I dont think I could bear it if ya catch some sorta cold, or worse, as they say in Marleybone, "go raven mad".

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
88
Well if it isn't my favorite young pirates. I'd like to thank yas for taking the time to meet me out here by the pond. Pull up a lily pad and sit for a while and relax. Would you care for a refreshment? Some frogcaccia bread perhaps? I'll send Max out for anything you like when he gets back from a little errand. Watching the reflections of the fireflies as they dance and twinkle above the pond reminds me of my days as a tadpole, sometimes a frog just needs to feel at home you know what I'm sayin? This place is just so heavenly, one could just croak. Bada Bing--Oh Frogeddabowdit!

Speaking of errands I've heard you have been running your crew more effectively these days, sending them on small tasks and what not. This pleases the FrogFather. Its a start but you need to start thinking bigger. I didn't get where I am today by thinking small.

Ah there's Max back from the cement store. You sure I can't get cha anything? Grasshopper Pie? No?

Now to business

Maybe you'd like to have your companions setup an operation or business if you'd like. Perhaps try your hand at black-smithing, farming, or ship making? Interested? It's always good to have a steady stream of income you know what I'm saying. What do you think of the tasks you currently have? Do you train certain companions so they are more efficient at those tasks? Who do you send for what tasks and why? What sort of other tasks would you like to send your crew on? What other ways would you like to use your companions? Perhaps you'd like to send some mining, I hear there all sorts of ore deposits in Cool Ranch for weapon making and what not.

Oh look at the time. I have given you plenty to think about for now until our next little chat. Be safe on your adventures and always always always be respectful of the spiral. Now if you will excuse me Max and I have to see a guy about a getting fitted for new pair of shoes.

Ciao,

FrogFather

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1869
Aaahh, a good day to you, my fine Pirates! 'Tis none other than your Frogfather here with an interesting subject some of you may be interested about, so let's keep it short and sweet for this moment, for I'm a bit of a busy frog, a'ight? Max's got plenty for me on my plate, so, ya know, the usual, ya understand me?

Now, on to business...

I'm not one who favors many surprises usually, but in this case, maybe I could make one of these exceptions for you young Pirates out there. Some of you like secrets, surprises of all kinds, and whatnot, and from what I know, you're expecting them to be very challenging, yes? Now, I ask you this, we have a few like that, but, if you would like to see more secret bosses found in many of the worlds' dungeons you venture into, both old and new, what would you like to see from them, how could you find them, what nasty surprises could you expect from them, and what very special rewards would you like to take from them if you fought them and won?

Sometimes, there's good surprises, and then there's the bad surprises with them, and ya may never know if 'dese kinds o' surprises comes with a few nasty catches or so, or... Oh... Froggedabowdit!

Like I said, I'm a busy frog, so, it's time I got back to some matters of my own. Just remember to be safe out there, help each other out, and always, always, always be respectful to the Spiral.

Ciao for now!

Frogfather

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
x knock on door x frog father:"who is it?" karo:"its joey, joey karo," karo:"fin said ya had some dough for meh" frog father:"fair enough, how much do i own ya?" karo:"fin said ten percent" frog father:"well then, x pulls out gun x I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to get ya ugly, yella, no good kester off mah property before i pump yer guts fulla lead! one, two, ten! x gunfire x gahhahahahahahahahahaha" x karo falls dead x frog father:"keep the change ya filthy animal!" that was from angels with dirty souls lol

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
Good day to you, brigand! I have an interesting job that may be of interest to you. So, lets keep this short and, well... not messy, ima' busy frog ya know! So ya know those job that ya take and the fella that is paying you to do it knows that you may never come back and, oh... froggedabowdit! but anyways max will fill ya in on all that need t' be done, safe journeys brigand! sorry mine is a lil short

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
282
Hello to all my new pirate friends! I never seem to see my old pirate friends anymore, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's the compounded daily interest on their sea chest loans, ya knowhatimean? Meanwhile your loving Frogfather has an offer ya simply can't refuse. Really, baddabing ya know the rest.

The Book of Favors says I can't do something for you, unless you do something for me. So there's this guy I know, ya know. Now I'm not one to name names, but an unnamed unseeing feline is being a tad tardy in delivering certain goods to his Frogfather. Now I'm all one for quality product, no one likes an underdone grasshopper pie and all that, but it's been over a year since I last saw him. So's I wants you ta send him a message so he understands that his Frogfather is gettin a tad impatient, and an impatient Frogfather is NOT something anyone wants ta see, ya understand what I'm saying here?

The bottom line is this, pirate. I need you to puts a little pressure on this guy to come through with what he promised his Frogfather. You want a favor from your Frogfather. Coincidentally the two Frogfathers are one and the same, capish? Now that's what I call convenient. It's like when the cricket jumped into the chocolate fondue pot, ya makes do with what ya got, right?

I like you, pirate, so here it is in a nutshell. Youse get this guy to bring his goods to the table before your Frogfather gets much older, and then I'll grant you your favor. That way nobody gets croaked. I'm sure this has all been ribbeting, but now your Frogfather has other fish to fry.

Arrivederci!
FF

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
fearless robert sp... on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
x knock on door x frog father:"who is it?" karo:"its joey, joey karo," karo:"fin said ya had some dough for meh" frog father:"fair enough, how much do i own ya?" karo:"fin said ten percent" frog father:"well then, x pulls out gun x I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to get ya ugly, yella, no good kester off mah property before i pump yer guts fulla lead! one, two, ten! x gunfire x gahhahahahahahahahahaha" x karo falls dead x frog father:"keep the change ya filthy animal!" that was from angels with dirty souls lol
does the frogfather count as a mob boss? cause thats what i was going for in that angels with dirty souls post lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Sam Underhill on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Hello to all my new pirate friends! I never seem to see my old pirate friends anymore, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's the compounded daily interest on their sea chest loans, ya knowhatimean? Meanwhile your loving Frogfather has an offer ya simply can't refuse. Really, baddabing ya know the rest.

The Book of Favors says I can't do something for you, unless you do something for me. So there's this guy I know, ya know. Now I'm not one to name names, but an unnamed unseeing feline is being a tad tardy in delivering certain goods to his Frogfather. Now I'm all one for quality product, no one likes an underdone grasshopper pie and all that, but it's been over a year since I last saw him. So's I wants you ta send him a message so he understands that his Frogfather is gettin a tad impatient, and an impatient Frogfather is NOT something anyone wants ta see, ya understand what I'm saying here?

The bottom line is this, pirate. I need you to puts a little pressure on this guy to come through with what he promised his Frogfather. You want a favor from your Frogfather. Coincidentally the two Frogfathers are one and the same, capish? Now that's what I call convenient. It's like when the cricket jumped into the chocolate fondue pot, ya makes do with what ya got, right?

I like you, pirate, so here it is in a nutshell. Youse get this guy to bring his goods to the table before your Frogfather gets much older, and then I'll grant you your favor. That way nobody gets croaked. I'm sure this has all been ribbeting, but now your Frogfather has other fish to fry.

Arrivederci!
FF
LOL, Just brilliant, as I knew it would be when I saw your name.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
MistyDragon13 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Hello all, this is your Frogfather wishing you a happy fourth of July weekend! I was thinkin' today about Pirate101 and some commonly discussed features, and one thing stood out like a bumbaloon amongst buffaloons: Flag colors. It's been all over these forums here, and many pirates are asking to change their colors! I'll need some good, solid flag information before I think about that! You get what I'm sayin'? You catchin' what I'm throwin' at'cha?

So, some things I've noticed are that many pirates out there just went with that generic white and orange. Why'd ya do that? Was it because you liked the combo, or because you were so incredibly completely toadally excited to get started on your quest to El Dorado that you didn't even think about it? I'm not sayin' that white and orange is a bad combo, just maybe a tad unoriginal. What about something with a little bounce, like green and black? Also, a lot of you pirates use the more common colors: red, blue, black, yellow, you know what I mean. Why not try a unique combo like teal and tan? Or maybe indigo and olive?

Your flag symbols are all quite diverse, but another question I have for you is: Did you want to match the symbol to your flag's colors, or go for something totally opposite? I personally like the different colors, it reminds me of watching sunsets on warm summer nights. Ah, what I wouldn't give for a box of chocolate-covered dragonflies, a nice lily pad, and a view of the setting sun!

A Pirate's flag tells everyone who he (or she) is, so they're quite important! Why did you choose the symbol and colors you did, and how do they reflect who you are? Do the colors mean anything, or are they just combined for that terrifically cool factor? Does your symbol represent anything about you? I'd like to hear your reasoning behind the design of your flag!

Well, I've rambled on for quite long enough now, so I think I'll be taking my leave, ribbit. Stay safe and well this summer, my Pirate friends!

Ciao!
Frogfather
Ya sound just like him and perhaps this little ploy will add some weight to our "Dyeing to Change" campaign.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
average moe on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Greetings my pirate acquaintances, hope the whale didn't gives ya too much trouble on the ways in. Ya know just last week, my office got *this* close to bein digested. Nasty business movin it back but it's still easier then findin a new place. Ah but I go on, frogetaboutit.

Anyhows I gots a question needs some form of an answer to go with it. There are many stormgates in the various skyways, I should know, I run the biggest yum smuggling operation in the spiral, but most of these Stormgates don't say where they go. So the thing I want to hear from you is your theories on which of these unmarked stormgates lead to what world. I hear talk that Blind Mew may know but either he aint talkin or he's just as clueless as my bodyguard Max. Either way tell me what ya think, and if ya dont think anything, then start thinkin, and tell me that.

Anyway, have an ice time out there, and don't wolf down what food you find, I dont think I could bear it if ya catch some sorta cold, or worse, as they say in Marleybone, "go raven mad".
Well done and so true, we gotta be in the know about those smuggling stormgates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Calamity PixieShad... on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Well if it isn't my favorite young pirates. I'd like to thank yas for taking the time to meet me out here by the pond. Pull up a lily pad and sit for a while and relax. Would you care for a refreshment? Some frogcaccia bread perhaps? I'll send Max out for anything you like when he gets back from a little errand. Watching the reflections of the fireflies as they dance and twinkle above the pond reminds me of my days as a tadpole, sometimes a frog just needs to feel at home you know what I'm sayin? This place is just so heavenly, one could just croak. Bada Bing--Oh Frogeddabowdit!

Speaking of errands I've heard you have been running your crew more effectively these days, sending them on small tasks and what not. This pleases the FrogFather. Its a start but you need to start thinking bigger. I didn't get where I am today by thinking small.

Ah there's Max back from the cement store. You sure I can't get cha anything? Grasshopper Pie? No?

Now to business

Maybe you'd like to have your companions setup an operation or business if you'd like. Perhaps try your hand at black-smithing, farming, or ship making? Interested? It's always good to have a steady stream of income you know what I'm saying. What do you think of the tasks you currently have? Do you train certain companions so they are more efficient at those tasks? Who do you send for what tasks and why? What sort of other tasks would you like to send your crew on? What other ways would you like to use your companions? Perhaps you'd like to send some mining, I hear there all sorts of ore deposits in Cool Ranch for weapon making and what not.

Oh look at the time. I have given you plenty to think about for now until our next little chat. Be safe on your adventures and always always always be respectful of the spiral. Now if you will excuse me Max and I have to see a guy about a getting fitted for new pair of shoes.

Ciao,

FrogFather
Lol great job. I love the Rogcaccia Bread and the idea of companions and starting businesses linked to the Frogfather..... well that just might get interesting.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
797
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Ya sound just like him and perhaps this little ploy will add some weight to our "Dyeing to Change" campaign.
Thanks Chrissy! I certainly hope it helps with the campaign... LOL I am actually doing an evil grin as I write this!