Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - Favorite Quests

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello my esteemed Pirates, greetings once again from your FrogFather.

I want to thank everyone for your recent thoughts regarding favorite “quiet” Companions. I was always taught to hop softly and carry a big stick, and that loose lips sink ships – as do Shark Storm powers – but there’s nothing wrong with a little chit chat now and then to keep things interesting.

Speaking of interesting, how’s everything with your questing these days? Have you run across any troublesome Armada? Found yourself in any challenging dungeons? I know a Pirate’s adventures are never done, but I gather you’ve completed some quests here and there and I’m wondering which of them you’ve especially enjoyed.

So tell your FrogFather and tell him truthfully: What are your favorite Quests, and what parts of the quests make them extra fun? (Locations? Mobs? Bosses? Etc…etc…bada boom bada bing.)

Think it over, discuss, and get back to me when your ship is docked and you have a few minutes to share. I always look forward to your comments and know that my door in Gullet is always open to you – unless of course a tremendous bipedal crab with Stromboli arms is blocking it. But what can I say? Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got my clarinet lesson this afternoon and I need to practice. You should hear, I’m not bad actually, just a little green – Ohhhh, Frogeddabowdit!)

Until next time, my Pirate Friends, you know the drill: have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Ciao!!!

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Ensign
Feb 21, 2009
My favorite quests are the interactive/exciting plot points focusing on the games lore. Dungeons such as the Monkey's Paw or The Gold Monkey were very fun. I also loved every bit of Valencia and hope to see it again. Cool Ranch although not my favorite world, the El toro questline and the Captain Blood quests kept me quite entertained throughout. -Fearless Nicholas Kent

Ensign
Dec 18, 2008
My favorite quest, or quest line rather is all the bounty hunting missions you get from Rooster Cogburn in Cool Ranch.

One of my absolute favorite things about Pirate101 are all of the in-jokes and references like Banditoads = Banditos, Frogerales = Federales, etc. I love how creative the developers have been in mixing fantasy with the real life and almost every one, if not all, of the bounty hunting fights is targeted at a reference to some great western or bandit movie.

Community Leader
What are your favorite Quests, and what parts of the quests make them extra fun?

I really like the companion quests, of course getting the companion is best part.

I also like the Defeat this many enemy quests. My worst fear quests are those dreaded collect this many ones.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
If I sense interesting dialogue in a quest, then I'll stop whatever I'm doing and get it done! One of my favorite parts of Pirate101 is the dialogue, as well as the voices associated. I like chilling lines (Old Scratch's Second Promotion), interesting stories (The Silk One, the Knight of St. Chiquita quest), and great voices (insert One-Eyed Jack lines here!) the most.
I also like things that bring me to unique spots, like tops of cliffs and interesting spots that I wouldn't have gotten to visit otherwise, like the Spirit World. Of course, there's a difference between leading your pirate to an interesting place and dragging the pirate across the Spiral and back. (Honestly - we're a team of pirates, not Lewis and Clark, so froggedabout asking us to get things from one spot and everywhere in between.) Sure, a stop in one place is nice and refreshing, but not gathering bits from one place and pieces from another that's very far away.
As a personal preference, Cool Ranch stops and sides are my favorite, as I love the landscape, people - everything!

Let me know when that clarinet recital is. (Viva Los Piratas!)

D.S. Devereaux

Captain
May 02, 2009
My favorite quest would have to be... none other than...(Drumroll please)... Under New Management. I like it because we go to the two most wondrous places in Skull Island: Tinkeys' Warehouse with his yum-squashing machine and the Orchard Plateau with its rejuvenating feel.

Wicked Jack Deveraux
Hoodoo Guru
Milo Graytail
Rat Scoundrel

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
My favorite quest would have to be " Boucan Do It" or something like that, the thought of hunting down a sky snake and cooking it for Mordekai just makes me laugh.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I like the Motherload Mine quest a lot. The battle has a unique feel, and you get to defeat Deacon. I also really enjoy the Monkey's Paw quest, especially the final dungeon. The different types of trials you face, as well as all of the Indiana Jones references, really makes it a lot of fun.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2009
My favorite quest is, ( drum role ) One-Eyed Jacks Are Wild!for 2 reasons. First is just the title of the quest, it's hilarious! Second is the NPC named Salty Ned, and what the companions say after he is finished talking, especially the crab and wharf rat.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Treasure hunting of course! Because there is nothing more fun to me than a maze of ruins with riddles and fights around the corner as you search for a valuable treasure. Searching for stuff like Burly's Gold, the Golden Gobbler, the Monkey's Paw, and the Idol of Toloc was such an epic experience. Especially with ancient ruins and sunken ships around us. Quests like these make me feel like a pirate.

Ensign
May 18, 2011
I LOVE the Go, Go, Stormzilla quest, actually. Although most people were annoyed at it's difficulty, I've been a strategy gamer from the start- something that a straight fight doesn't work on it AMAZING. It's a fun little battle. I'm also a big fan of Gortez- that last battle is another of the hardest in the game, and it gets even more insane when you have four pirates all fighting- the monkey's are EVERYWHERE, and it's really tough for Musketeer's, I found. I've done the battle with all five classes, and I only had trouble with the Musketeer.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I think for me it would have to be the Presidio quest. It was the first time I met the Monquistons, who are hilarious and very well animated (I love the look on their faces as they are about to receive a critical hit). The fights are challenging for your level, and the rewards are sweet: a useful companion and a decent ship.

-Michael

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
minitroll2 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
I LOVE the Go, Go, Stormzilla quest, actually. Although most people were annoyed at it's difficulty, I've been a strategy gamer from the start- something that a straight fight doesn't work on it AMAZING. It's a fun little battle. I'm also a big fan of Gortez- that last battle is another of the hardest in the game, and it gets even more insane when you have four pirates all fighting- the monkey's are EVERYWHERE, and it's really tough for Musketeer's, I found. I've done the battle with all five classes, and I only had trouble with the Musketeer.
agreed. i also liked the monkey king quest and captain blood

Community Leader
For me, the best part of quests are the stories they tell - and the ones that come to mind first are Dead Mike's promotion quests. I may get a tiny bit misty-eyed at a movie or TV show now and then, but that's the first time I've been brought to tears by a video game.

The more I got to know Mike and his plight the more I felt sorry for him, and the more I wanted to hug him and make it all better. (Yes, he's a zombie, but he can't help that. Hoodoo knows the heart; the meat it's in is just meat.)

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
My favorite quests would have to be:

Defeating Lan Po (I think that's his name) in Mooshu.
Summoning the Dragon Prince in Mooshu.
Defeating those Ghost Ships in The Haunted Skyway in Cool Ranch.

Things that you could say are quests but really I just like to do for fun:

Defeating Jade Fleet ships in Mooshu
Flying with a skull island raft in the Subata Skyway
and....
Defeating the Bone Dragons in Avernus

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Voxius on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
My favorite quest, or quest line rather is all the bounty hunting missions you get from Rooster Cogburn in Cool Ranch.

One of my absolute favorite things about Pirate101 are all of the in-jokes and references like Banditoads = Banditos, Frogerales = Federales, etc. I love how creative the developers have been in mixing fantasy with the real life and almost every one, if not all, of the bounty hunting fights is targeted at a reference to some great western or bandit movie.
i have to agree the bounty hunting was amazing! i loved seeing the bandits appear in the cell one after the other as i was defeating them!

it would be awsome to have a quest where we have to build a ship and we go get different peaces of the ship and as we bring it back we actully see it added to the unfinished ship. and in the end we keep the ship :P

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
Vinny Ace on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
i have to agree the bounty hunting was amazing! i loved seeing the bandits appear in the cell one after the other as i was defeating them!

it would be awsome to have a quest where we have to build a ship and we go get different peaces of the ship and as we bring it back we actully see it added to the unfinished ship. and in the end we keep the ship :P
Now THAT would be fun

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I've enjoyed the stories of the various quests so very much it is hard to pick out favorites, but I'll give it a go.
- Moo Manchu. Starting out with a humble service to a respected chef, your adventure devolves into deadly ambushes, assassinations, poison, false identities, kidnapping, and a mythical encounter with terracotta soldiers like those of the tombs of Xian. And this was a sidequest! Completely awesome.
- Bonnie Anne's second promotion. Besides an excellent storyline, while I knew things were not going to go precisely according to plan, I was surprised at the denoument. I actually squeaked with dismay sitting at the computer. Great job.
- The Monkey's Paw. This was a wonderfully oppressive setting (not usually a complement, but definitely in keeping with the gothic element) and very Edgar Allen Poe-esque. Splendid backgrounds, very creepy, and I mean that in a good way.
- Any quest involving Deacon. He was terrifying. Strange to say, I enjoyed being scared silly.
- Young Jack and the Ghost Ships. This was a great story line, worthy of the best folk tales. And speaking of folk tales:
- Captain Blood and Death. I love those folk tales where Death is cheated in a deal... this one is more serious than most, but full of humor too. Excellent storytelling.
- In the same vein, I was delighted and amused to find we were in a sort of sequel to that great Chinese epic tale 'Journey to the West.'
- Shiruko Neko. When is our enemy not our enemy? A delightful storyline, and she's a cat ninja girl who joins your companions!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
I've enjoyed the stories of the various quests so very much it is hard to pick out favorites, but I'll give it a go.
- Moo Manchu. Starting out with a humble service to a respected chef, your adventure devolves into deadly ambushes, assassinations, poison, false identities, kidnapping, and a mythical encounter with terracotta soldiers like those of the tombs of Xian. And this was a sidequest! Completely awesome.
- Bonnie Anne's second promotion. Besides an excellent storyline, while I knew things were not going to go precisely according to plan, I was surprised at the denoument. I actually squeaked with dismay sitting at the computer. Great job.
- The Monkey's Paw. This was a wonderfully oppressive setting (not usually a complement, but definitely in keeping with the gothic element) and very Edgar Allen Poe-esque. Splendid backgrounds, very creepy, and I mean that in a good way.
- Any quest involving Deacon. He was terrifying. Strange to say, I enjoyed being scared silly.
- Young Jack and the Ghost Ships. This was a great story line, worthy of the best folk tales. And speaking of folk tales:
- Captain Blood and Death. I love those folk tales where Death is cheated in a deal... this one is more serious than most, but full of humor too. Excellent storytelling.
- In the same vein, I was delighted and amused to find we were in a sort of sequel to that great Chinese epic tale 'Journey to the West.'
- Shiruko Neko. When is our enemy not our enemy? A delightful storyline, and she's a cat ninja girl who joins your companions!
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
I completely agree with captain blood, shiruko neko, and moo manchu definitley on my top 5 best quests but my 2 other favorites would have to be
-The motherlode mine pretty much because whos in there DEACON and we finally beat him for good
- Also my other favorite quest would be the old jail house quest where fight along side the entire magnificent 7 against the 3 broncos (Buck bronco, Ike bronco, and Old man bronco) and waco kid. definitley a fun dungeon
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 50

Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
Honestly the quests in Wizard101 with the musical and all references were witty, but Pirate101 its engrained in the Quest, characters, and clothing. Well done.

I started me voyage not knowing much with the witchdoctor(Doctor Who?) ah Dead-Eye Daniel and finished the existing questline at Level 50.(was so new did not pay attention to the colors and ended up with Orange and White! - too funny to have El Toro dressed up like a creamsicle!)

To my favorite, hmm the Cool Ranch quests, all of them, gathering the gang and the saloon fight!

Rhemas

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
I for one love dungeons, both on pirate and wizard. I especially liked the general tso dungeon in mooshu, but wasn't a big fan of the monquista dungeons. and why was the final valencia battle a dungeon?

Name: Arthur Lanyard
Type:

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
There are so many good ones. I'm in the middle of some Captain Reynolds quests and love the "Firefly" references. For a change of pace, I liked the quest in Haunted Skyway when I left my crew at the fort and headed off with some new musketeer recruits to train them and catch a bad guy. At a time when some of the quests were feeling a bit same, that one was completly different. Having all musketeers meant using a new strategy, not doing the same old thing. Fighting the Tyson chicken without crew also stood out as a break from the usual. I wouldn't want to be without my crew all the time, but as an occasional surprise it's been fun.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
I liked the Mother load mine quest, finding Marco Pollos "sacred gold" and for the first time, seeing the crew of Marco Pollo and one of your parents in that picture. And defeating Deacon was very challenging, yet fun.

Clever Kestrel Bowman

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Personally, I like the quests that talk more about the games lore as well as the different companions of the game (what can I say, I like reading different stories, so sue me). I also like ones that award different companions as well, so there's that.