Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday -- Best Birthday Present

AuthorMessage
Developer
AyyOhhh, look who it is? What’s hoppenin’ my Pirate friends? Everybody making their way across the Skyways all right? Everybody’s Piratey pockets jingling with coins and loot? Eh - anybody gives you any problems, you tell the FrogFather and I’ll get it unproblemed, capistachios?

Now then, when we visitated last month (or, did WE?), you all had some intersecting things to say about recent upgrades to the Spiral landscape. New Bears running around, more puppets carrying on, fancy new flags, a challenging gauntlet to test your skills, right? And you better believe your FrogFather will look after your suggestions as well.

But that’s for later. For now, put ya party hats on and grab your clarinets, my friends, ‘cause looks like somebody in the Spiral has a birthday coming up. That’s right all you Pirates, 2 years old already, my my my miss American Fly--look who’s all growns up. Why I remember when the Pirate Spiral was just a little tiny glimmer off a Wizard’s wand, and now there’s a millions a Pirates sailing the skyways and getting into all kinds of Musketeer mischief. Don’t ya love it? Let me tell yas somethin’, The FrogFather loves it.

I do, I just get all ribbity for birthdays, reminds me a being a small frog. Now, keeps in mind, we didn’t have balloons & bouncy houses when I was a kid, we just showed up and started jumpin’ around ourselves, and played “Whack-a-tadpole” with the new hammer my FrogPops got me every year. Oh yeah, good memories, and all my friends were there back in the day, there was Sal Emander, Rocco Lobster, some Frog named Bull…and…uh, yeah that was pretty much it.

So what’s yer favorite? Caterpillar cake with the trick fireflies on top, maybe ‘scoop a lice cream on the side? And everybody but everybody loves presents, am I right or am I right? I probably am, but do me a flavor:

Describe the best birthday present yous can ever imagine for the Pirate Spiral?

I can’t make any promises, of course, and it might be one of those be-latered things that show up when ya least expect, but never hurts to make a new list for a new year, especially with Santa Frog right around the corner.

So think on that, and now if you’ll pardon my exitation, I have business to attend. I have to go see a squid about a thing at this new place; c’ourse, I like to arrive early - takes about 5 minutes to shake hands with this guy y’know I mean – Ohhhhhh, Frogeddabowdit!!!!

We’ll talk again soon, (or will WE), and in the meantime, Happy early birthday, enjoy the latest Spiral goodies, look to help fellow Pirates in need, AND…always, always, always respect the Spiral, but you knew dat.

Ciao Time,

Your Devoted Frogfather (or an equally devoted other FrogFather, hard to say.)

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Ensign
Jul 01, 2010
The best present would be, upon opening it, a little electric squid, six legs reaching up to hug the pirate.

Black Jack

Community Leader
How about a really awesome Birthday ship?

Happy 2 years Pirate101 May ye ships fly straight and ye blade be sharp

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
Ensign
Feb 15, 2014
Well FrogFather, First I would like to congratulate Pirates101 on its 2 yrs. I would also like to take this chance to say i am proud to be celebrating with all me pirate mateys. My suggestion for a birthday present would be a special Birthday Cake Pirate Hat. styled so each walk of life within Pirate101 could enjoy it.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have a pirate who still wears her cupcake hat.

I think a great birthday present would be a really cool outfit to go with last year's hat! It could be made of birthday gift wrap for the jacket, with a skirt for girls and pants for guys, then ribbons for a belt, and a "2" on the buckle. Possibly with a balloon or two tied to it?

Sounds like fun to me!

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
I think a really cool set of Pirate gear in the same vein as Wizard101's Astral gear would be awesome!

Also as a big-time pet fanatic I am always for a birthday pet! How about a Crayfish or Birthday Golem pet.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Need some Sparkle to our outfits - or a ghoulish glow

Ensign
Aug 05, 2012
I was thinking about Halloween/Birthday quest and having involved our beloved Frogfather . The quest would be to fight a boss.The reward is a companion or a pet named PunkinHead.

Aye it been 2 wonderful years. It grown from humble beginnings.

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I have many ideas on how to improve the birthday celebration. but most of them seem like they wouldn't qualify as a birthday present. Lets see, something present-like. Mabie a birthday themed companion in the crowns shop? That seems reasonable. Or if you're not in the mood for doing anything creative you could just put the troggy pack from betta into the live game.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Happy Birthday!

Ahoy there ye FrogFather! I be roustin about the skyways and pillaging the nefarious Moo Manchu tower.

Hmm, a present for the Birthday, I would love one of those Halloween Galleons, where we even get to select the tier, yeah, that would be Hallorific!

That be my birthday wish FrogFather, now if only wishes came true!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
How about 2, giant toddler companions complete with drool, stumbly-bumbly walking, and gratuitously loud and nonsensical speak . In honor of the 2nd Birthday for P101, the Nefarious 5 and well, just being out-of-control toddlers, they could be called the Terrible 2.

The only way to calm them is by singing Happy Birthday and giving them cupcakes and shiny, noisemaking presents. If you don't give them what they want watch out- toys, pets, monkey kings and sons of gods just may go flying.

Ok, not my best idea, surely can't have babies in rattle...uh, I mean battle!

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
Perhaps you can give us a free gift, but it's a random roll, so it's not always the same thing. Here are the things included in the gift roll from Ultra Rare to Common:

1. Random Grizzly Beast Pack Companion. (Very Very Rare to get Baar the Beastmaster)
2. Random Tribal Crew Pack Companion.
3. Clothes with powers. (Depends on yer pirate's class. Like Swashbucklers get high agility and wind spirit)
4. 1,000,000 Gold Coins. (In case you didn't know, 1,000,000 is half the gold limit. 2,000,000 is the gold limit)

And here are the common ones:
5. Furniture
6. 5,000 Gold Coins
7. Weapons from the crown shop. (The weapons are based on yer pirate's level.)
And the last one,
8.1,000 Gold Coins

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I would love to have a fully decorated birthday ship that I could trade between my pirates, either that or one for each one, but that seems a bit excessive.

I would love to have this mighty ship to be able to sail around when it was my birthday or for it to be used as a party base when we are celebrating other Marauders birthdays. Imagine a birthday ship parade to fully cap off a wonderful celebration of a beyond incredible game and then to be able to repeat such parades in a smaller scale to celebrate the pirates themselves.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
2 years, aye those be humble beginnings. For a gift, all I want is a sneak peek at the next book...or a cutscene-type thing that sheds some backstory, That would be amazing! Happy Almost B-Day Pirate101!!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I would love to be able to upgrade my bundle ships for crowns. That is, I assigned them to a pirate at a particular point, and I love the ships, but now those ships can't hack the higher-level skyways. I'd cheerfully pay a chunk of crowns to get the ships I love to be able to sail (and survive battles) again.

Of course, I'd also like to be able to spend crowns to upgrade things like the ruby slicer or the Dread Pirates outfit now that we're hopefully seeing the next new world(s) open up soon.

But I'd settle for being able to sail my ship around my home island so I can see it all from off-shore.

Or even *cough* to be able to set that wretched Mooshu pavilion on any of my islands.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
and increase in the backpack and gold limits and a birthday cake house item for our dining rooms.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
this was Christmas but still a present, 2 coconuts. best...Christmas...EVER!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
TheDragonspyrePira... on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
this was Christmas but still a present, 2 coconuts. best...Christmas...EVER!
that was april fools

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Logan Sharp on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
that was april fools
Not talking about the game.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Hmm, probably seeing all of the basic animal companions promote once more as well just like almost all of the other companions in the game right now currently do as well themselves too as well, so there's that at least.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
I have to say maybe and birthday cake companion or a number 2 companion stating how old p101 is...or you can always give free crowns. we are pirates after all lol. by the way, the things that frog eat is not good for my health!

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
Practical Gorman W... on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Perhaps you can give us a free gift, but it's a random roll, so it's not always the same thing. Here are the things included in the gift roll from Ultra Rare to Common:

1. Random Grizzly Beast Pack Companion. (Very Very Rare to get Baar the Beastmaster)
2. Random Tribal Crew Pack Companion.
3. Clothes with powers. (Depends on yer pirate's class. Like Swashbucklers get high agility and wind spirit)
4. 1,000,000 Gold Coins. (In case you didn't know, 1,000,000 is half the gold limit. 2,000,000 is the gold limit)

And here are the common ones:
5. Furniture
6. 5,000 Gold Coins
7. Weapons from the crown shop. (The weapons are based on yer pirate's level.)
And the last one,
8.1,000 Gold Coins
The clothes with powers also depend on yer level, too. So 1-25 swashbucklers gets 5 Agility and Wind Spirit. 30-55 gets 15 Agility and Cloud Spirit. 60-65 gets 30 Agility, Bonus 25 Weapon Power, and Sky Spirit. The Powers and Agility, (Also the weapon power for high levels) will be on hat, bodywear, boots, rings, and all other clothing. Each class will get the things that are designed for them. Witchdoctors and Privateers get will. But, Witchdoctors get Juju, Big Juju, and Great Juju and will. Privateers will get will and Will buff powers. Same with Swashbucklers and Musketeers. Musketeers and Swashbucklers get agility, but different powers. Since I explained Swashbuckler already, I will just say that Musketeers get all bomb drop powers and agility. The bomb drop powers include, Rain of Mortarshells, Hail of Cannonballs, and Tempest of Torpedoes. Buccaneers get strength and strength powers.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Oh yeah, and also, I would really love to see a sling/slingshot-type shooty weapon for the Musketeers to use just like the one that we see the Musketeer using in the official Pirate101 commercial there as well please.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
to be honest, I'll accept anything considering its a birthday gift. just hold the Caterpillar cake with the trick fireflies on top, and the ‘scoop a lice cream on the side