Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite World? (Story, Scenery, And Sidequesting)

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Hello everybody! It's me, Cruel Owen Quarrel :)
Today, I would like to ask you another question (I bet you're getting sick of these, huh?):
In terms of scenery and/or creative story quests/sidequests, what is your favorite world?
This is a very broad question so I thought I might give a little example:

My personal favorite world is Marleybone.
Dogs are my favorite animals, bears coming in at a close second (specifically Polar bears) and pairing them up with the Victorian England timeframe is such a brilliant idea. Not only this, but Pirate101's mechanics allow the art team to go much more buckwild with the background than the Wizard time likely could, what with sticking to the rooftops (just my opinion). The ships in dog-fights (I use this word because a: while they are ships, they are in the air and b: it's a fantastic pun) and the devastated, war-torn skyway with smugglers and pirates running amok while the war commands all of the Royal Navy's attention only adds to the beauty of the starry night sky as fiery ships light up the night sky. It is yet another reminder of the destruction we have caused, and it is in Marleybone that we realize just how much negativity our actions can cause, and the true gravity of the consequences is revealed. Becoming a soldier to make up for the misdeeds we have done felt extremely rewarding. Everytime I walked into that beautiful war-room with the amazing night sky in the background and the highest-ranking Naval officers treating me with absolute respect, I felt like I was doing good for the dogs, and for once I felt like I was actually tearing the Armada apart. After I finished Marleybone, Egg Shen's remark made me smirk: "First Deacon, now Rooke! We're tearing the Armada piece by piece, Captain!"

You're sure right, my goose friend.
And we won't stop until Kane is nothing but scrap metal.
In sidequest terms, this is probably home to some of the most creative sidequests in the game, though I know many enjoy Mooshu sidequests. The Wereman quest was spectacular and the way Constable talked was pretty funny too. He reminded me of a younger Commodore. The handkerchief sidequest elicit quite a few "Awww"'s from me. Taking back the rope for Dockmaster Nathan from Meowzers and his dopey doorman, Puddles was quite an adventure ("Tell him Puddles says hi! Hehe"), but my favorite sidequest by far was the Mann the Bounty Hunter quest, in which we have to take a young college man (who was so excited by the war that he decided to Roleplay as the Armada) from his college basement into a cage (kinda made me feel guilty).
The Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard quests were phenomenal too! I was thrilled with both of them!
All in all, Marleybone was a fantastic world and seeing how what we had done had transformed an entire world really made it all that more fantastic. Thanks for the fun time!

I would really appreciate anyone giving their opinion :) Thanks!
Have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Qaurrel, Level 65 Royal Navy Officer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
Hello everybody! It's me, Cruel Owen Quarrel :)
Today, I would like to ask you another question (I bet you're getting sick of these, huh?):
In terms of scenery and/or creative story quests/sidequests, what is your favorite world?
This is a very broad question so I thought I might give a little example:

My personal favorite world is Marleybone.
Dogs are my favorite animals, bears coming in at a close second (specifically Polar bears) and pairing them up with the Victorian England timeframe is such a brilliant idea. Not only this, but Pirate101's mechanics allow the art team to go much more buckwild with the background than the Wizard time likely could, what with sticking to the rooftops (just my opinion). The ships in dog-fights (I use this word because a: while they are ships, they are in the air and b: it's a fantastic pun) and the devastated, war-torn skyway with smugglers and pirates running amok while the war commands all of the Royal Navy's attention only adds to the beauty of the starry night sky as fiery ships light up the night sky. It is yet another reminder of the destruction we have caused, and it is in Marleybone that we realize just how much negativity our actions can cause, and the true gravity of the consequences is revealed. Becoming a soldier to make up for the misdeeds we have done felt extremely rewarding. Everytime I walked into that beautiful war-room with the amazing night sky in the background and the highest-ranking Naval officers treating me with absolute respect, I felt like I was doing good for the dogs, and for once I felt like I was actually tearing the Armada apart. After I finished Marleybone, Egg Shen's remark made me smirk: "First Deacon, now Rooke! We're tearing the Armada piece by piece, Captain!"

You're sure right, my goose friend.
And we won't stop until Kane is nothing but scrap metal.
In sidequest terms, this is probably home to some of the most creative sidequests in the game, though I know many enjoy Mooshu sidequests. The Wereman quest was spectacular and the way Constable talked was pretty funny too. He reminded me of a younger Commodore. The handkerchief sidequest elicit quite a few "Awww"'s from me. Taking back the rope for Dockmaster Nathan from Meowzers and his dopey doorman, Puddles was quite an adventure ("Tell him Puddles says hi! Hehe"), but my favorite sidequest by far was the Mann the Bounty Hunter quest, in which we have to take a young college man (who was so excited by the war that he decided to Roleplay as the Armada) from his college basement into a cage (kinda made me feel guilty).
The Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard quests were phenomenal too! I was thrilled with both of them!
All in all, Marleybone was a fantastic world and seeing how what we had done had transformed an entire world really made it all that more fantastic. Thanks for the fun time!

I would really appreciate anyone giving their opinion :) Thanks!
Have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Qaurrel, Level 65 Royal Navy Officer
Marleybone is the best! You said it all, mate!

Ensign
May 10, 2009
I'd have to say that Skull Island is the best world for Scenery. It's bright colors of blue, green, and other stuff makes everything pop out and look really nice. Not so sure of the side quests though, they seem to be all the same, defeat and collect (Mostly flying fish, high demand) quests.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
If I had to choose one world that I loved the most, it's Mooshu.

Everything about Mooshu is amazing. The scenery is one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen, the Mooshu companions are awesome, and the sidequests are enjoyable. The music is also astonishing!

Even though it was a pain to get my Swashbuckler through Mooshu, I still enjoyed it.

Another world that comes very close to Mooshu is definitely Cool Ranch.

Like Mooshu, Cool Ranch has some of the most beautiful sights you'll find in the game, not to mention taking epic screenshots are fun! The music is awesome, and suits Cool Ranch best. The companions are good as well, but some are major need of a promotion (Mustangs, Sergeant Sanders, etc.).

These two worlds come to a tie as my favorites. The other worlds just can't compare with these two.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Cool ranch is fun. I just enjoy how big it is the sunset and the bison people. The bison village has the best music.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
It's hard for me to pinpoint an exact, favorite world, thus far. I think I have little bits of favorites in each world. There's amazing experiences throughout our travels in each world, that all really ignite those 'Oooooh & Ahhhhh' types of reactions.

I think my favorite world as far as experiencing the close-to-true piratin' life, would have to be Skull Island. No other world says 'I be a plunderin' pirate' like Skull Island. We get right into the thick of things, obtain our 1st 'impressive vessel' (thanks Avery!), begin our adventures & questing, start to delve into the story, become entrenched in naval warfare, gain our very first crew members, meet a foxy lady, become acquainted with our very first home & get to experience the wonder that is Skull Island & it's peoples. Oooh & let's not forget we 1st get an appetizing taste of some Spiral treachery, leading to a feast of intrigue & mystery, washed down by some good ol' enemy tail-whoopin', followed by some sweet candy-like rewards. Skull Island is where it all began for us pirates.

As far as questing, I think that Marleybone & Aquila would be my two favorite worlds. The dark secrets surrounding MB & the stench of betrayal, is so thick that I nearly choked! Plus we get a big taste of action against those rust buckets & gear heads. Quite rewarding to blow them out of the Skyway & Marleybone. Aquila was filled with such fantasy & 'monsters of grandeur' & it really took us to a completely new world, filled with mystery & wonder. I really enjoyed some of the 'unique' boss battles there-- quite nice change of pace.

As for the artwork & scenery of the Spiral, I really enjoyed MooShu. The ice & snow, the gorgeous landscapes, the amazing palette of wondrous colors...simply beautiful to behold! Cool Ranch was absolutely my favorite world as far as music goes. Even though we are pirates, that western themed music really got me ready to ride into battle-- whippin' & a whompin' & ready for some stompin'-- YEEHAAWW!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Definitely Marleybone.

Being an older player of the game, I liked the darker nature of the plot, and Bonnie Anne's promotion quest, as well, as the speech on Isle of Fetch were the best. I love going back there to hear Bonnie Anne chide us "We did this."

Also, the revelation that the Armada is just as interested in the clockwork birds as some of the Valencians are, was a wonderful revelation. I am VERY curious who this mysterious toymaker is.

I admit I do find it frustrating that we go through that entire world only to find we already had the piece of the map we came for. Just as frustrating as finding out the Egg Fu Yung lied to us about his piece. We keep getting played, and it's getting rather annoying.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Meh, so far I don't have a favorite world in mind.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Another vote for Marleybone. I like the dark, war-torn skyway and, as Max said, the storyline matures a bit and we see the consequences of our actions earlier. I like "traditional" pirating, so I love Skull Island, but I would have to say I like Marleybone even better.

-Indigo

P.S. and Catbeard is hilarious in this chapter. Have you seen what passes for grooming in this place?!