Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fan Flanders: Staple to the swashbuckler team?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
So I been testing Fan Flanders in the test realm today by giving her the ultimate test.

The Labyrinth dungeon, a dungeon that I have yet to complete in the live realm simply due to it being pretty tough for my swashbuckler.

I decided to try out her in a team of her, Sarah Steele, and El Toro.
Result: Not a single companion defeated in the entire dungeon and most of our attacks knocking a great amount out of every minotaur we faced thus beating the Labyrinth with ease.

:D sure the testing isn't exactly perfect but it does show that she is indeed a super strong companion and seems to possibly be a key companion to swashbucklers everywhere. She is like a female El toro in the way that she is a support based swashbuckler but with plenty of power to make her worthy of the Swashbuckler class.

What do you guys think of Fan Flanders? Also I am interested in what epics you trained her in

I gave her Reposte rank 2 and First strike

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on May 4, 2014 wrote:
So I been testing Fan Flanders in the test realm today by giving her the ultimate test.

The Labyrinth dungeon, a dungeon that I have yet to complete in the live realm simply due to it being pretty tough for my swashbuckler.

I decided to try out her in a team of her, Sarah Steele, and El Toro.
Result: Not a single companion defeated in the entire dungeon and most of our attacks knocking a great amount out of every minotaur we faced thus beating the Labyrinth with ease.

:D sure the testing isn't exactly perfect but it does show that she is indeed a super strong companion and seems to possibly be a key companion to swashbucklers everywhere. She is like a female El toro in the way that she is a support based swashbuckler but with plenty of power to make her worthy of the Swashbuckler class.

What do you guys think of Fan Flanders? Also I am interested in what epics you trained her in

I gave her Reposte rank 2 and First strike
I love mine too. My Swashy is just heading into Mooshu. I soloed Miranda and she and Toro were dropping ghosts left and right along with my powerful Chilam Bak. It was really easy and I had a blast. I just love that slow LOOK she gives. A really fun companion. I did notice that even though she is the same level as Toro ( 41 )that her dodge is slightly lower than his but I still gave her Riposte and Relentless.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi!

Well my main pirate is a max swashbuckler and I agree with you that she is a great companion. I'm still not sure the best epic talents but I'm thinking of a riposte, relentless, and first strike combo ( all rank 1.) I will definitely be using her on my crew!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
People use the same companions in every world and it isn't a good idea. For example, Cool Ranch. The world is full of musketeers, and it is a low chance a buckler can dodge a bullet so they tend to die quick in Cool Ranch. Another example, using privateer COMPANIONS in Mooshu. Most of the don't have Riposte or Relentless so they tend to die quick even with that much health. So my advice is using melee companions in melee world like Aquila and Mooshu (the ninja pigs are annoying) while using musketeer companions with Quick Draw and Burst Fire in Marleybone and Mooshu.

You might also use buccaneer companions everywhere

Bosun
May 06, 2009
I really love Fan Flanders and is definitely a valued Companion on my crew. Her design is pretty interesting. I've never seen Frogs with blonde hair before, but her hat, robe, and blades give the appearance of a truly powerful and adventurous Swashbuckler. I'm also pretty fond of her "rough-around-the-edges" personality.

Her power and criticals are definitely a keeper. I love the violin tune in her criticals and her powers are very valued. Coupled with her Flanking Talent, I gave her First Strike, and Relentless thus far. She's only a Level 32, but in the content I've tested with her, she's stands a good chance against the mobs.

Plus she's an obvious reference to Molly Flanders. That I really like. What more could a Swashbuckler ask for? (Maybe she could be a few inches taller?)

Fan Flanders: What did you just say?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
The Loyal Swashbuc... on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi!

Well my main pirate is a max swashbuckler and I agree with you that she is a great companion. I'm still not sure the best epic talents but I'm thinking of a riposte, relentless, and first strike combo ( all rank 1.) I will definitely be using her on my crew!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Noble Ryan Thompson
Relentless sounds good but I prefer some riposte over it. Although my El Toro does have some relentless in him as well

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Relentless sounds good but I prefer some riposte over it. Although my El Toro does have some relentless in him as well
Interesting opinion! I was thinking a more El Toro setup ( relentless, first strike, riposte.)But I don't know if relentless or riposte 2 would work best. More opinions on the epic setup for Fan Flanders would be appreciated!

Noble Ryan Thompson