Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Falmea THURSDAY - 3-24-16

2
AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
3
Red dress = Red wind stone for Valencia in Port Regal skyway?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
KFCofMaadagascar on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
Red dress = Red wind stone for Valencia in Port Regal skyway?
Nice speculation, KFCofMaadagascar, but I don't think we're ready for the red windstone yet, we still have to get the orange stone! And welcome to the message boards!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
214
anecorbie on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
On thinking it over, I really don't think that this could possibly be our parent's home or that table could be our cradle/crib.
For one thing this cave would look abandoned ( dusty and cobwebby ) and much less lived in as that picture shows.
Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a cradle/crib with rockers going back and forth? They always rock side to side.
Thirdly, who ever puts a baby cradle in the middle of the room? Believe me, you want a peaceful, secluded corner or the brat ( ahem, dear little angel ) will be crying it's head off from all the commotion swirling around it.
This "table" ( for lack of a better word ) doesn't have pillows or even a blanket ( and where's the favorite go-to-sleep toy? ).
On the other hand, this gives me great hope that an update is coming soon, because this picture isn't concept art, but a ( virtual ) real space that's ready to be put into the game.
"Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a cradle/crib with rockers going back and forth? They always rock side to side"

Maybe it does rock side to side... maybe it's just for a very short, very wide baby.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
102
Wait a minute... That thing in the middle is a baby cradle! Is this gonna be a flashback of sorts?

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
308
Dogsrock5656 on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
Wait a minute... That thing in the middle is a baby cradle! Is this gonna be a flashback of sorts?
No we think it's a baby cradle we aren't totally sure it could be anything from a fish basket to a map like everyone on here thinks we just won't know till it comes to live in the mean time all we have are wild guesses

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
946
anecorbie on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
On thinking it over, I really don't think that this could possibly be our parent's home or that table could be our cradle/crib.
For one thing this cave would look abandoned ( dusty and cobwebby ) and much less lived in as that picture shows.
Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a cradle/crib with rockers going back and forth? They always rock side to side.
Thirdly, who ever puts a baby cradle in the middle of the room? Believe me, you want a peaceful, secluded corner or the brat ( ahem, dear little angel ) will be crying it's head off from all the commotion swirling around it.
This "table" ( for lack of a better word ) doesn't have pillows or even a blanket ( and where's the favorite go-to-sleep toy? ).
On the other hand, this gives me great hope that an update is coming soon, because this picture isn't concept art, but a ( virtual ) real space that's ready to be put into the game.
Actually, my old crib slid back and forth,
But besides that, a crib that rocks back and forth, would give the crib close to the same motion as a sailing ship. So, perhaps that object does happen to be a Pirate's crib?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9237
CdeWinter on Mar 29, 2016 wrote:
Actually, my old crib slid back and forth,
But besides that, a crib that rocks back and forth, would give the crib close to the same motion as a sailing ship. So, perhaps that object does happen to be a Pirate's crib?
Good point, but it doesn't explain a lack of depth in the center portion of the cradle, where a child may be place within. It does seem very flat.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2023
Hmm... upon closer examination, that cradle, or whatever it is in the center, it's not seen anywhere.

I'm still skeptical on that, though.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
162
TucsonWizard on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
"Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a cradle/crib with rockers going back and forth? They always rock side to side"

Maybe it does rock side to side... maybe it's just for a very short, very wide baby.
Short and wide? Sounds like the crib of a penguin!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
733
Professor Falmea on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Hello Pirate Friends,

Spring has sprung, especially in our neck of the woods. Everything that has been in hibernation is coming back to life, waking up for the year, and even my trusty pet Firecat is glowing a little brighter. While winter has its charm, I suppose, it’s no surprise that a pyromancer is much happier the more distance we can put from that season, so I’m smiling big over here now that it’s officially SPRING!

And, since it’s officially spring, that means that we’ve got some changes happening our corner of the Spiral.

First of all, this is the first week of Spring PVP. We’ve now seen all the Champion weapons… which one is your favorite? Also making an appearance is the adorable, but slightly cranky Grudgehog. We’ve got a long spring season ahead of us, but don’t wait too long to battle your way to glory… and to the victor goes the spoils!

Second thing is celebrating some of the spring holidays with some new and shiny things, as well as old favorites. Making its appearance after swimming all the way from the waters of MooShu, say hello to our Spring Grouper! Because we all need a little luck, we’ve brought back the clover leaf eye patch. Because brightly colored and polka dotted buffaloons are hilarious, we’ve brought back all the other pets too. And… there’s more to come. We’ve got another Spring holiday coming up that we always celebrate, and this year is no exception. Stay tuned!

In February, there was much buzz about our friend in the photo, and I’m happy to say I’ve received another mysterious photograph. This time, it’s a place, not a person. So, this time, I’ll ask the obvious question… where in the Spiral do you think this could be?



With that, it’s time to pull up the anchor and shove off… I hear Monquista is LOVELY in the spring and I must see it for myself. I also hear there’s a very talented costume maker there... while I don’t expect to give up my red dress anytime soon, it’s always fun to browse, no?
Yarrr, this certainly took a turn on our next destination I cant wait fer more, and love how that cave looks, me kind of style.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
For a Thursday I was expecting more than a cave with furniture in it, after seeing this I'm starting feel that this won't be book15

Ensign
Mar 22, 2010
4
So one thing, that definitely looks like Skull Island, you can see the "Pirate Couch" along with some other furniture sold by Mr. Trelawny in Skull Island.

I didn't get to respond to the Falmea Friday from February, (try saying that 32 times fast,) but I have this insanely strong feeling that mystery pirate man is supposed to be based on Blackbeard.

Let's say Mystery Pirate is supposed to be based on Blackbeard. Based on this, my guess is that he started out born in Marleybone and as a young boy he snuck onto one of the ships set for Skull Island and lived most of his days in Port Regal. He began working for Marleybone serving on the ships of Port Regal, and after the end of the Polarian War, he hijacked a ship and became one of the most infamous pirates of Skull Island. Frequently spending time between Cool Ranch and Skull Island, our person of interest in this post mysteriously vanished one day.

Honestly, my sole reasoning behind this is because I had a hunch, found that there are "Learn" pages about famous pirates, which I don't know how to find without using google, and found that the upper picture of Blackbeard looks coincidentally similar to our mystery pirate.

Don't tell me they don't look similar. They look similar.

Anyways, that hideout is most likely going to belong to "Blackbeard Mystery Pirate" and he probably has been hiding there trying to retire from his pirating ways.

Ensign
Oct 14, 2011
14
If that is a cradle, and if we are going to do a sort of "flashback", maybe back to the future style for pirates (which would be Awesome!!), does that mean our Orphan Companions will be involved since they knew our patents? And would that possibly mean we will see a promotion for these companions?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
anecorbie on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
On thinking it over, I really don't think that this could possibly be our parent's home or that table could be our cradle/crib.
For one thing this cave would look abandoned ( dusty and cobwebby ) and much less lived in as that picture shows.
Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a cradle/crib with rockers going back and forth? They always rock side to side.
Thirdly, who ever puts a baby cradle in the middle of the room? Believe me, you want a peaceful, secluded corner or the brat ( ahem, dear little angel ) will be crying it's head off from all the commotion swirling around it.
This "table" ( for lack of a better word ) doesn't have pillows or even a blanket ( and where's the favorite go-to-sleep toy? ).
On the other hand, this gives me great hope that an update is coming soon, because this picture isn't concept art, but a ( virtual ) real space that's ready to be put into the game.
I agree, Esperanza, that this is unlikely to be our parent's home. As you say, it looks comfortably lived in.

However, that mysterious object in the center could have been recently wheeled in there to be a topic of conversation. At first, seeing a wheeled cart, I thought it might be a tea table (tea trolley), despite the apparent lack of tea and little cakes, but 'Blizz' on Pirate101 Central suggested it might be a baby carriage (not a cradle), and that idea definitely has possibilities.

It is odd that a baby carriage or pram would have two wheels and not four, but there is a hint of a fold down section on one side of the object. To me, that suggests the fold-down hood of a pram, the kind you put up to shelter the baby from the sun or limit distracting environment to allow the little one to sleep. And that white covering with side lumps (for lack of a better term) could be a rumpled blanket. Maybe.

There is the question of why pirate parents would have a baby carriage, however. A pram aboard ship would just take too much room. You can soothe a baby walking with it across the top decks much more easily than trying to wheel a pram across the ship. Then again, it is fair to assume they didn't spend all of their time on a ship, like us, they must have had a home base somewhere...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
TroxLucktri on Apr 1, 2016 wrote:
So one thing, that definitely looks like Skull Island, you can see the "Pirate Couch" along with some other furniture sold by Mr. Trelawny in Skull Island.

I didn't get to respond to the Falmea Friday from February, (try saying that 32 times fast,) but I have this insanely strong feeling that mystery pirate man is supposed to be based on Blackbeard.

Let's say Mystery Pirate is supposed to be based on Blackbeard. Based on this, my guess is that he started out born in Marleybone and as a young boy he snuck onto one of the ships set for Skull Island and lived most of his days in Port Regal. He began working for Marleybone serving on the ships of Port Regal, and after the end of the Polarian War, he hijacked a ship and became one of the most infamous pirates of Skull Island. Frequently spending time between Cool Ranch and Skull Island, our person of interest in this post mysteriously vanished one day.

Honestly, my sole reasoning behind this is because I had a hunch, found that there are "Learn" pages about famous pirates, which I don't know how to find without using google, and found that the upper picture of Blackbeard looks coincidentally similar to our mystery pirate.

Don't tell me they don't look similar. They look similar.

Anyways, that hideout is most likely going to belong to "Blackbeard Mystery Pirate" and he probably has been hiding there trying to retire from his pirating ways.
Definitely a possibility, if it was it's great, he really does look like our pirate and I'm sure your suspicions about this pirate could be spot on

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
It's the geographers guild in port regal skyway.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
946
Anne Radcliffe on Apr 2, 2016 wrote:
I agree, Esperanza, that this is unlikely to be our parent's home. As you say, it looks comfortably lived in.

However, that mysterious object in the center could have been recently wheeled in there to be a topic of conversation. At first, seeing a wheeled cart, I thought it might be a tea table (tea trolley), despite the apparent lack of tea and little cakes, but 'Blizz' on Pirate101 Central suggested it might be a baby carriage (not a cradle), and that idea definitely has possibilities.

It is odd that a baby carriage or pram would have two wheels and not four, but there is a hint of a fold down section on one side of the object. To me, that suggests the fold-down hood of a pram, the kind you put up to shelter the baby from the sun or limit distracting environment to allow the little one to sleep. And that white covering with side lumps (for lack of a better term) could be a rumpled blanket. Maybe.

There is the question of why pirate parents would have a baby carriage, however. A pram aboard ship would just take too much room. You can soothe a baby walking with it across the top decks much more easily than trying to wheel a pram across the ship. Then again, it is fair to assume they didn't spend all of their time on a ship, like us, they must have had a home base somewhere...
I'm not saying that the cave is our parent's old hideout, I'd kinda expect their hideout to be something a bit more impressive than just a cave. Even if it turns out to be a simple cottage somewhere.

However, the cave could have been used by our Parents as a hideout, the comfy well lived in appearence could be easily explained by having somebody move into the old cave more recently. Perhaps a person who knows that there is something hidden in the cave?

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
9
This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I have, however, posted on some other Pirate101 forums, so I have a few opinions of my own. Here are some of them:

1.) No more pets and housing updates. We need a new world!

2.) Monkey king needs some form of gambit steel in the next update. He is a main character, he does not have any special power, and the ability would fit his personality perfectly.

3.) There should be a form of team up box added, but instead of having a team up box they should make a kind cannon called the express that fires pirates out of it to the places they are needed. This idea may sound crazy, but it would be hilarious in a game like Pirate101. A new world is more important at this point though.

Hope these were interesting suggestions.

-Anonymous Ducky

Ensign
Jul 20, 2010
2
Professor Falmea on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Hello Pirate Friends,

Spring has sprung, especially in our neck of the woods. Everything that has been in hibernation is coming back to life, waking up for the year, and even my trusty pet Firecat is glowing a little brighter. While winter has its charm, I suppose, it’s no surprise that a pyromancer is much happier the more distance we can put from that season, so I’m smiling big over here now that it’s officially SPRING!

And, since it’s officially spring, that means that we’ve got some changes happening our corner of the Spiral.

First of all, this is the first week of Spring PVP. We’ve now seen all the Champion weapons… which one is your favorite? Also making an appearance is the adorable, but slightly cranky Grudgehog. We’ve got a long spring season ahead of us, but don’t wait too long to battle your way to glory… and to the victor goes the spoils!

Second thing is celebrating some of the spring holidays with some new and shiny things, as well as old favorites. Making its appearance after swimming all the way from the waters of MooShu, say hello to our Spring Grouper! Because we all need a little luck, we’ve brought back the clover leaf eye patch. Because brightly colored and polka dotted buffaloons are hilarious, we’ve brought back all the other pets too. And… there’s more to come. We’ve got another Spring holiday coming up that we always celebrate, and this year is no exception. Stay tuned!

In February, there was much buzz about our friend in the photo, and I’m happy to say I’ve received another mysterious photograph. This time, it’s a place, not a person. So, this time, I’ll ask the obvious question… where in the Spiral do you think this could be?



With that, it’s time to pull up the anchor and shove off… I hear Monquista is LOVELY in the spring and I must see it for myself. I also hear there’s a very talented costume maker there... while I don’t expect to give up my red dress anytime soon, it’s always fun to browse, no?
The clues are: A Mysterious Pirate, An Unknown Source, A Dress/Costume Maker, a Globe, Monquestia, a cave, some pirate themed chairs, a ship shaped cradle, and a globe. My guess is its a home of a pirate hiding from the armada who's looking for the map as well, and has a child. Or, it USED to be(Wink Wink).

Ensign
Jul 20, 2010
2
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
About this costume maker....

We BETTER be able to dress up our companions.
I would LOVE to see this as well!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Anonymous Ducky on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I have, however, posted on some other Pirate101 forums, so I have a few opinions of my own. Here are some of them:

1.) No more pets and housing updates. We need a new world!

2.) Monkey king needs some form of gambit steel in the next update. He is a main character, he does not have any special power, and the ability would fit his personality perfectly.

3.) There should be a form of team up box added, but instead of having a team up box they should make a kind cannon called the express that fires pirates out of it to the places they are needed. This idea may sound crazy, but it would be hilarious in a game like Pirate101. A new world is more important at this point though.

Hope these were interesting suggestions.

-Anonymous Ducky
1. I partially agree with you in this, Altough I do want a now world and think there are too many housing/pet updates, I don't want KI to stop all together

2.Im sure he will receive unique powers in future promotions

3. Not too sure about this one, would something I would have to decide on by using it and seeing it in the game

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
43
Our friend, possibly named Bob, in the update coming in SUMMER 2016! could live here!

Developer
Cat's out of the bag now - Book 15 is on External Test! ::grin::

New Falmea Friday coming up in moments...

2