Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - This Magic Moment

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirate friends! It's time for another topic, right? Let's chat!

We have a special milestone coming up next week... that's right, Pirate101's sixth anniversary! We're really excited to celebrate and have some fun plans! In honor of that, I'd like to ask you this - what has been your favorite Pirate101 moment in the last 6 years? Was it defeating Kane? Making a new friend to sail the skyways with? Getting some rare and powerful treasure?

We want to know! Happy (early) anniversary, and have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
When we finally got evidence that Book 15 was actually being worked on.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
My most magical Pirate101 moment was probably during the June 2016 test realm. I specifically remember farming Void Fish for the quest before the Duomo, but since it was launch day, there were what seemed like 100 ships on that Spiral thread, all trying to get a shot at completing the quest. It was cool to see people working together towards a common goal, even if my FPS was suffering. I love it when the community can come together!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Oct 12, 2018 wrote:
Hi Pirate friends! It's time for another topic, right? Let's chat!

We have a special milestone coming up next week... that's right, Pirate101's sixth anniversary! We're really excited to celebrate and have some fun plans! In honor of that, I'd like to ask you this - what has been your favorite Pirate101 moment in the last 6 years? Was it defeating Kane? Making a new friend to sail the skyways with? Getting some rare and powerful treasure?

We want to know! Happy (early) anniversary, and have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
For me, it was sailing to each new world when I finished the old one. Seeing the truly hreathtaking design & art of each world, then recruiting a new companion!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Wow, Falmea, what a question! I cannot really say, because I've been playing since Pirate was being Beta Tested, but I would say my favorite thing about Pirate101 is the game itself! I love this game and have so many happy memories! Happy 6th anniversary!

Merciless Brian Ornsley, Level 70
Mini-Light

Ensign
Mar 26, 2014
Seeing all the players come back for Book 15

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
I'd say it would be getting the Staff of Power from the Tower of Moo Manchu for my Buccaneer. Considering how how rare this weapon is, and how tough that dungeon can be before the max level was raised from 65 to 70, it is definitely one of my most treasured items to have.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Many magical moments over the years, but I'd have to say that when the game went Live was pretty exciting.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I just have a bunch of nostalgia for pirate101. Heaps of it. I remember after playing it it soon became my favorite game. I was so young when I started playing. I just can't describe the nostalgia. We all had that one game we woke up at the very early hours in the morning just to play, but I could never do that cause I've always shared a room with my older brother. But when I woke up early in the morning one time. I sprung out of bed and did the entire Diablo's paw dungeon.

Onto memories: Pretty much whenever I played with my brother, it always felt great to play with your siblings who you knew in person (Our computers were right nearby each other's) and you could just say something to them, not having to stop and type. I remember when we did the entire beachhead dungeon we were so hungry that we cooked a "Family size" macaroni and cheese and ate almost all of it, just the two of us (We were That hungry)

For myself, when I finally beat Aquila on my privy, I never beat mooshu when it was the final world but it took me until 12/24/2015 (I know the date by heart) to get to the then end of story. I remember after I beat it I told my friend Helpful Aurora Parker that I needed to make deviled eggs. She found that really funny.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Pirate101 holds a lot of really special memories for me. It was the first gaming community I'd ever become a part of, and the one I'm still most fond of despite having largely moved on for a variety of reasons. Now that I'm in a different point in life and in somewhat better mental health than I was when I began my break from KI games, I find myself more able to pop back onto the forums without most of the associated emotions welling up and stopping me from posting. One of these days I intend to come back more fully, but my IRL schedule currently prevents that.

My most treasured Pirate101 memory is less a concrete memory and more a recollection of feeling. A party hosted in either late 2014 or early 2015 by the Message Board Marauders sticks in my mind to this day. I don't remember what the party was for or who all was there, but I remember feeling for the first time like I actually belonged to something . To be welcomed with (virtual, of course) open arms into a group as wonderful as the Marauders was something I wasn't expecting, but also something I really needed at that point in my life.

And that feeling continued: I belonged to a lovely little network of pirates around the world I could rely on for good times or advice or just a friendly face to chat with until life caught up to us all, I suppose, or we became adept at that unfortunate habit of just missing each other by a few seconds when we logged on or off. I miss all the fun we used to have, and I hope some of the folks I haven't seen in a while make a bit of a comeback so I can at least say hello, and that I dearly miss them.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Hmmmm, a lot of possible choices, there. If I can only pick one, then it would probably be the first time one of my pirates sailed into the Westminster skyway. It was a gorgeous rendering by the KI artists, and added a bite to the storyline (Bonnie Anne's "We did this.").

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Wow, this was so long ago... Thank goodness the topic hasn't been closed! My favorite moment? I have two - 1. By far, it has to be when I got to Max Level. Finally. I've been trying literally for years and I finally maxed out my main Pirate. I was jumping around all over the place for the next week, haha.

2. When I accidentally deleted my Pirate and KingsIsle Support emailed back saying that it was "good news" and that my Pirate had been restored. I was so happy!