Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - The (Mini) Game is Afoot

AuthorMessage
It's time again for a Falmea Friday, so let's chat, shall we?

Last week we hosted a group of local high school students and talked about what it’s like to be in game development. One of the things we discussed was that the best way to get experience making a game… is to make a game with all the free resources around the internet. A great first game would be something on the level of the minigames in Pirate101. So, we ask you, our awesome community, if you were going to make a new Pirate101 minigame, how would it look? How does it play? How do you win? Describe it to us!

Have a fiery Friday and a fantastical weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've always liked word games, and there was a game I used to love playing on the Webkins site where there was a pattern of letters, and you got points for spelling longer and longer words with the available letters until the timer ran out. Something similar to that, where spelling or turning a certain word into another word was the goal would be fun for me.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Professor Falmea on Mar 2, 2018 wrote:

Last week we hosted a group of local high school students and talked about what it’s like to be in game development. One of the things we discussed was that the best way to get experience making a game… is to make a game with all the free resources around the internet. A great first game would be something on the level of the minigames in Pirate101. So, we ask you, our awesome community, if you were going to make a new Pirate101 minigame, how would it look? How does it play? How do you win? Describe it to us!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I wish you would add my 2 player board games ideas: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/i-sure-wish-board-games-were-added-to-pirate-101-8ad6a42b5fc41a4701600015b3fe6f89?page=1 as opposed to a new 1 player mini game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

I'm fond of mazes, and like the challenge of solving them. So maybe have a maze displayed and you must move your icon ( make it a skull to fit the Pirate genre ) through the maze in a certain amount of time. The higher the level the more complicated the maze gets and the shorter the time to solve it.
I also like word scrambles or Hangman.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
My idea is, run through an ever changing maze filled with creatures called grievers, you also need to map out the maze and can only be in the maze for a certain amount of time, when you are not in the maze you need to be back in your home location filled with npcs that are also trying to complete the maze. If you win, you will get a rare power card item of your class. Ill give cookies if you know what book this is from.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

I'm going to have to say I'd like some kind of "find this object" mini-game, like those apps you have (that I never use, but I still think it would be fun on Pirate101 and I'd try it ) on the iPhone. I think it would take too much work, but a "can you escape" type of game is just right down my alley.

And to Kingme655: The Maze Runner. Do I get cookies?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Mar 3, 2018 wrote:
I'm going to have to say I'd like some kind of "find this object" mini-game, like those apps you have (that I never use, but I still think it would be fun on Pirate101 and I'd try it ) on the iPhone. I think it would take too much work, but a "can you escape" type of game is just right down my alley.

And to Kingme655: The Maze Runner. Do I get cookies?
x gives cookies x

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Mar 3, 2018 wrote:
x gives cookies x
Thank you!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

Hi my idea is a maze game you are trapped in the maze there isn’t much light and there are a certain number of chests with pieces of the key to get out you have to find them but watch out for the shadow creatures they will take your light away for awhile if you get attacked if you find all the pieces before time runs out all the lights will come on and the exit will appear with a giant chest in it the timer resets and then where you started at in the beginning of the game appears the ghosts of the last pirates trapped in the maze they are trying to get to you if you get caught you become a ghost as well and lose the game if you make it to the chest in time the curse is lifted and everyone goes free and gets treasures The End

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I enjoy one and done puzzles, like free flow. Perhaps a challenge of helping your pet cross various territories. You succeed - you're done. Nothing endless.

Ensign
May 16, 2016
I personally like the classic games like “Pac-Man” or “Galaxia” if there was any way to make a spin-off of those games to make it best fit in the pirate world, then I think it would be a great mini-game. For example, the ‘ghosts’ could be spirits & ‘pac-man’ could be a shark, crawlie, turtle, fish... whatever the creators desire. Thank you for reading my idea, I hope that it is not copyright. Long Live The Musketeer

Great minigame ideas, Pirates! Let's change the topic sliiiiightly along the lines of RRRRZZZZ419's suggestions. If you could make a multi-player game like chess, checkers, word games, etc, what would you make?

Personally, I'd love a game of Hearts! What do you think?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Professor Falmea on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
Great minigame ideas, Pirates! Let's change the topic sliiiiightly along the lines of RRRRZZZZ419's suggestions. If you could make a multi-player game like chess, checkers, word games, etc, what would you make?

Personally, I'd love a game of Hearts! What do you think?
I really got into pc games from Humongous Games when my kids were small -- Pajama Sam, Putt Putt and Spy Fox. There was a mini-game in one version of Spy Fox where we played Go Fish. It was quite fun and the kids really enjoyed it.

Hi folks! I'll be back soon with a new topic, but until now, please continue to comment and let us know what sort of multiplayer mini games you'd create.

Also, if you happen to be at South by Southwest, you can come see the KI Live Crew tomorrow from 12-4pm. Hope to see some of you there!