Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Oh Cannon, My Cannon

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirate friends! The calendar says Friday, so let's change the topic, shall we?

This week, we've been talking internally about some of our next steps we'd like to make with ship PvP in coming updates. We have a lot of things on our lists we'd like to do. So, I'm here to ask you this...

What would be the FIRST thing you would add to Ship PVP? Leaderboards? Rewards besides bragging rights? Something else? Let us know!

Enjoy the rest of your Friday and the weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Hi Pirate friends! The calendar says Friday, so let's change the topic, shall we?

This week, we've been talking internally about some of our next steps we'd like to make with ship PvP in coming updates. We have a lot of things on our lists we'd like to do. So, I'm here to ask you this...

What would be the FIRST thing you would add to Ship PVP? Leaderboards? Rewards besides bragging rights? Something else? Let us know!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
The current state of ship PVP is horribly lacking in "fairness" I'm hoping that my post on Ship PVP was read and the comments from the players replying to that post.
  • Give us more realms where we can PVP with a group of friends.
  • Make the arena larger.
  • Make it so that lower level ships are MATCHED with their level. ( I know that all ships entering "High Noon" are granted the max level, but that does nothing to help their equipment. )
  • If you add rewards, then I suggest KI goes all the way and make it Ranked Ship PVP with badges & scrip as rewards; maybe even "special" ship gear offered by a vendor for scrip + ranks.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I would add a counter and an overhead map display, showing how many other ships are in the area and dots to indicate where they are.

I'd also add a few second firing penalty for hiding in the safe zone, so that they can't just lurk until their friends are ready to attack.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
-Ship rotation (combo moves) combining ship powers with each other to cause a combo attack, debuff, buff, or heal
-having the PvP gear grant multiple powers instead of one, specifically 2, that way with more variety you'll have more choice in how you want to fight and you can apply strategy to it
-Have the position of yourself to your enemy affect your power, we already affect our ranged powers with this using long and short range, but expanding on that could add some form of strategy
-innate talents, one ability each ship will get at the beginning of a match to help them fight or use how they want to.
-all ships come out to the same level, 100, so everything's balanced
-global effects: like it says the arena you fight in will grant a special ability on all ships
-PvP modes: 1v1 is just you going toe to toe with an enemy ship with a better perspective shot so the fight looks better, because in my head it does not go down in an epic all or nothing struggle, and has more of a scrambling effect.
2v2: players can merge their innate abilities for devastating affects, but the timing of the attack and position determines effectiveness. also you can choose to both have miniature stations to defend if you want, like a capture and hold war game
4v4: you will always have a large station to defend in these confrontations, the stations will have a set amount of health and release 12 small ships every 7 minutes, these ships will attack your enemies but I the end will be headed for their fort to attack it so keep them away!
battle royal: this works beautifully as you can have either a 4 player battle royale, or an 8 player battle royale! in 8 you work in teams of 2 to defeat your enemies and each side has a small station (not to defend but to help) tear your enemies apart to win!
Imperial naval conquest: this is a 9v9 all or nothing obliteration match! two 9 player teams each go head to head to dominate each other in an explosive field of carnage and battle!

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Obviously, prevent the team-up technique. Make it so that you can only engage one ship at a time; then whoever lives, gets to be safe for a short amount of time to heal and regain health; then continuing back to engage another (one) ship: the amount of ships will slowly decrease until the last two.

Chaos is not the answer.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:

I'm going to have to say it would be great to get either Gold or Scrip if you defeat a Ship, kind of almost like the Gold Well in the Smuggler's Cove House. Like, an actual reward (like you said, other than bragging rights )?

Thanks for the feedback! We're excited to expand Ship PVP in future updates, so stay tuned for some changes. New topic shall be posted shortly!

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
In PvP you can get pets. I think for ship v ship maybe you could get new companions or very strong ship parts or even new ships? They could be brand new or ones that are difficult to get?