Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - 9-25-15

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirate folks!

While Summer is definitely my favorite season – for obvious reasons for someone who draws strength from heat and light – I do appreciate a good Fall. Here at Ravenwood, it has always meant new beginnings in many ways.

Now that we have ranked PVP in the Pirate-y places of the Spiral, Autumn means new beginnings in terms of our first change of PVP seasons. I do hope you accomplished what you wished for the Summer in terms of earning ranks, badges, and rewards.

The scrip you have, obviously, carries over to the next season, and you get to keep a permanent badge with the last rank you were at for the Summer season. However, you do start from scratch in terms of rank for Fall, and those super cool Apex Sharks and Summer weapons will be put in storage until next year. The good thing is that means there are new goodies to earn this time!

Along with new rewards and a new season, we also want to make sure we continue to tweak and balance combat in PVP as needed. We have made some adjustments and added some new powers we think will make things more fun and fair for all classes to be competitive with each other. We’ll continue to keep an eye on the forums and feedback as we see it. A big hearty “thank yarrrrrr” both to the folks reporting their thoughts to us and to Ratbeard and the other folks behind the scenes working on making PVP awesome.

A small list of the highlights:
  • Folks, we believe we’ve fixed the terracotta warrior issues. Let us know! Thanks for your patience on this one!
  • Old Scratch now has access to three ranks of Mojo Flow
  • Emmitt and Exeter now have new powers that slow down your enemy
  • Crow’s Song and Raven’s Cry will provide bonus talents to players and companions with attack type: MAGIC.
We've got some other things we're working on behind the scenes that we'll unleash depending on how the fall season goes. As they say...winter is coming.

That’s not all. Beyond a little bit of housekeeping and tidying up… we’re very aware that the Pirate side of the Spiral is going to be turning 3 next month. We’ve got some surprises in store for you. What if confetti sparkles a little more? Also, some good, floaty fun! Stay tuned for this and more.

So, we always conclude with a question. This time, I’d like to ask: what was your favorite summer PVP reward?

Until next time, stay fiery, so you don't have to shiver ye timbers!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
My favorite part about Summer PvP was the Shark pets. I did a few matches and got some Scrip, so that was pretty cool as well, but the weapons are pretty far out of reach for a casual player like me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
Hi Pirate folks!

While Summer is definitely my favorite season – for obvious reasons for someone who draws strength from heat and light – I do appreciate a good Fall. Here at Ravenwood, it has always meant new beginnings in many ways.

Now that we have ranked PVP in the Pirate-y places of the Spiral, Autumn means new beginnings in terms of our first change of PVP seasons. I do hope you accomplished what you wished for the Summer in terms of earning ranks, badges, and rewards.

The scrip you have, obviously, carries over to the next season, and you get to keep a permanent badge with the last rank you were at for the Summer season. However, you do start from scratch in terms of rank for Fall, and those super cool Apex Sharks and Summer weapons will be put in storage until next year. The good thing is that means there are new goodies to earn this time!

Along with new rewards and a new season, we also want to make sure we continue to tweak and balance combat in PVP as needed. We have made some adjustments and added some new powers we think will make things more fun and fair for all classes to be competitive with each other. We’ll continue to keep an eye on the forums and feedback as we see it. A big hearty “thank yarrrrrr” both to the folks reporting their thoughts to us and to Ratbeard and the other folks behind the scenes working on making PVP awesome.

A small list of the highlights:
  • Folks, we believe we’ve fixed the terracotta warrior issues. Let us know! Thanks for your patience on this one!
  • Old Scratch now has access to three ranks of Mojo Flow
  • Emmitt and Exeter now have new powers that slow down your enemy
  • Crow’s Song and Raven’s Cry will provide bonus talents to players and companions with attack type: MAGIC.
We've got some other things we're working on behind the scenes that we'll unleash depending on how the fall season goes. As they say...winter is coming.

That’s not all. Beyond a little bit of housekeeping and tidying up… we’re very aware that the Pirate side of the Spiral is going to be turning 3 next month. We’ve got some surprises in store for you. What if confetti sparkles a little more? Also, some good, floaty fun! Stay tuned for this and more.

So, we always conclude with a question. This time, I’d like to ask: what was your favorite summer PVP reward?

Until next time, stay fiery, so you don't have to shiver ye timbers!
First I just want to say "Thank You" to KingsIsle for granting many player's requests to bring Ranked PVP to us pirates. Also for listening to suggestions and the many, many complaints about a certain piece of gear.
Old Scratch is now what any hoodoo practioner could want. Emmett/Exeter is giving a lot of trouble to the more mobile of the classes ( I wouldn't be surprised if some complaints will be fired your way! )
What birthday surprises are in store? I can hardly wait!

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
My favorite reward was that nice rush of adrenaline when you check your stats after a battle and see your pvp rank go up!

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Love the slowing down the enemy powers.........

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ahoy! I'm very glad the summer season and the recent changes have been well received! Hope everyone is enjoying the birthday presents (now, with actual presents beyond confetti!) and we have a few more things planned for later in the month as well. May the wind be at your back, and your heading true, my Pirate friends!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Professor Falmea on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy! I'm very glad the summer season and the recent changes have been well received! Hope everyone is enjoying the birthday presents (now, with actual presents beyond confetti!) and we have a few more things planned for later in the month as well. May the wind be at your back, and your heading true, my Pirate friends!
The presents are wonderful and very exciting to discover. Thank you very much for all the fun, new changes. You have put quite a bit of excitement and fun into the game that has put smiles on quite a few faces.
Congratulations and happy birthday.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I await to see what you have planned, Professor Falmea! Ranked PvP has been very exciting by far, as well as the other changes like adding more new powers to Old Scratch and Emmett & Exeter. I can hope we see many more new powers added to our companions soon, & I do mean many. I also still await to see a lot more adventures to come... & some more new PvP gear & items added between seasons & ages.

Give my regards to the rest of Ravenwood's professors, Headmaster Merle Ambrose himself, & the Frogfather.

Maybe Merle may answer some P101 questions we may ask to him one day... if he's around. One day. I'm sure he might see the Pirate side of the Spiral sometime soon, even though he still runs Ravenwood & teaches his Wizard students.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Trimond297 on Oct 4, 2015 wrote:
I await to see what you have planned, Professor Falmea! Ranked PvP has been very exciting by far, as well as the other changes like adding more new powers to Old Scratch and Emmett & Exeter. I can hope we see many more new powers added to our companions soon, & I do mean many. I also still await to see a lot more adventures to come... & some more new PvP gear & items added between seasons & ages.

Give my regards to the rest of Ravenwood's professors, Headmaster Merle Ambrose himself, & the Frogfather.

Maybe Merle may answer some P101 questions we may ask to him one day... if he's around. One day. I'm sure he might see the Pirate side of the Spiral sometime soon, even though he still runs Ravenwood & teaches his Wizard students.
Also give my regards to Arthur Wethersfield and tell him I'll see him REAL soon

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Magnificent Kiley on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Also give my regards to Arthur Wethersfield and tell him I'll see him REAL soon
Yeah, of course. Him, too.

@Professor Falmea,

A bit off-topic for this post, but, I enjoyed defeating the Skeleton Key secret bosses in W101, & I have to say this, will the Skeleton Keys make their way to P101? I really liked how we get to face more new secret bosses & access them with the Skeleton Keys, & thought, "Why not bring Skeleton Keys over to P101?".

Maybe one day, we could see Skeleton Keys adapted to & made in P101 & face secret bosses by using them in select instances & even zones. It only has one secret boss right now, & it's a bit boring to face Lord Mixcoatl in the Temple of Toloc again, & with no unique custom-made loot drops in his loot table, too.

Nevertheless, I hope we get to see more new secret bosses & Skeleton Keys adapted in P101. I would really like to see & face more new secret bosses & access them via Skeleton Keys someday.