Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - 2-5-16

AuthorMessage
Hello Pirate Friends,

Well, shiver me timbers, me timbers are shivering! It’s winter – not my favorite time of year, but don’t worry about me. I’ll survive. My firecat pet will keep me warm.

Winter is typically a time of hibernation, and while we certainly had our share of holiday feasting and warm drinks by the fire, I can assure you that we are not napping on the job. In fact, what we’re working on right now is so… intriguing, I truly wish I could spill the beans, but it’s still not the right time. Let it be known that Blind Mew, Ratbeard, and the rest of the crew, as well as myself, well, we’re extremely, extremely excited to let the firecat out of the bag. Not yet, but soon. Certainly, when the skies turn a little warmer and the course we’ve set is a little more underway.

The winter PVP season is in full swing. Time is ticking down to add your Winter Champion weapons, your Maxotaur pets, and earn your winter badges! Spring will come soon, and with that, another new set of seasonal goodies to pursue.

While we’re never happy to lose an icon, we’re happy that we had a well-timed update to be able to honor David Bowie with the Stardust Chameleon pet. We’ve got a few more tributes (early 2016 has been terrible for famous folks, hasn’t it?) that didn’t quite make it – you’ll just have to wait to discover those next time we update…

Speaking of time, the time for season’s greetings has come and gone, but how fantastic was that holiday sparkle? Updating the loading screens with some holiday flair was a lot of fun for us – we hoped you liked it too! We thought the birthday presents deserved to come back with a holiday twist, so those found their way back into the Spiral. Hope you got something great! The holiday sails were incredibly festive, and we’re hoping to do more of these in the future, since it seemed to be rather popular to hoist some holiday spirit onto your skyships. Not to mention the new Polaris Express train mount, new pets, lots of sales (the other kind) and giveaways, plus FREE CROWNS. Can’t beat that!

Most of all, however, we were excited to bring groups of Pirates together for Season’s Battlings… to chase those awesome holiday multiplayer chests with sweet limited time holiday plunder. We hope you were able to gather your friends and loved ones together to find yourself some well-deserved goodies.

So, this fateful Friday, let me share with you a fine fellow who will be making his way to the Spiral in the near future. My question is… tell me his story, if you were the one weaving the tale.

All’s aboard who’s going aboard… I must set sail now, but until next time, Pirates, I wish you smooth sailing and clear skies.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Image link is broken...

Correction - I cannot see it in Google Chrome, but I can see it in Microsoft Edge.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
YES How wonderful to get such a hopeful post from you. THANK YOU . I love the concept art too. Not sure about this guys luck in battle lol but he sure appears to be a survivor. I can't wait to hear more about him. *Hands cat tiny scissors*

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Feb 5, 2016 wrote:
Hello Pirate Friends,

Well, shiver me timbers, me timbers are shivering! It’s winter – not my favorite time of year, but don’t worry about me. I’ll survive. My firecat pet will keep me warm.

Winter is typically a time of hibernation, and while we certainly had our share of holiday feasting and warm drinks by the fire, I can assure you that we are not napping on the job. In fact, what we’re working on right now is so… intriguing, I truly wish I could spill the beans, but it’s still not the right time. Let it be known that Blind Mew, Ratbeard, and the rest of the crew, as well as myself, well, we’re extremely, extremely excited to let the firecat out of the bag. Not yet, but soon. Certainly, when the skies turn a little warmer and the course we’ve set is a little more underway.

The winter PVP season is in full swing. Time is ticking down to add your Winter Champion weapons, your Maxotaur pets, and earn your winter badges! Spring will come soon, and with that, another new set of seasonal goodies to pursue.

While we’re never happy to lose an icon, we’re happy that we had a well-timed update to be able to honor David Bowie with the Stardust Chameleon pet. We’ve got a few more tributes (early 2016 has been terrible for famous folks, hasn’t it?) that didn’t quite make it – you’ll just have to wait to discover those next time we update…

Speaking of time, the time for season’s greetings has come and gone, but how fantastic was that holiday sparkle? Updating the loading screens with some holiday flair was a lot of fun for us – we hoped you liked it too! We thought the birthday presents deserved to come back with a holiday twist, so those found their way back into the Spiral. Hope you got something great! The holiday sails were incredibly festive, and we’re hoping to do more of these in the future, since it seemed to be rather popular to hoist some holiday spirit onto your skyships. Not to mention the new Polaris Express train mount, new pets, lots of sales (the other kind) and giveaways, plus FREE CROWNS. Can’t beat that!

Most of all, however, we were excited to bring groups of Pirates together for Season’s Battlings… to chase those awesome holiday multiplayer chests with sweet limited time holiday plunder. We hope you were able to gather your friends and loved ones together to find yourself some well-deserved goodies.

So, this fateful Friday, let me share with you a fine fellow who will be making his way to the Spiral in the near future. My question is… tell me his story, if you were the one weaving the tale.

All’s aboard who’s going aboard… I must set sail now, but until next time, Pirates, I wish you smooth sailing and clear skies.
It appears Darkmoor is next, judging by this gentleman's getup....and his beltbuckle appears to be a backwards 'D'. This next world, whatever it may be.....will certainly be interesting.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Pegleg Patrick sailed on Avery's crew back in the day. He was always one to draw attention in fights and gained an impressive collection of injuries. Eventually, he realized that he couldn't keep losing body parts and retired from piracy, finding a quiet island on the outskirts of Valencia. When the Armada ground up his home and tried to arrest him, he began a search for a new place to settle down. Patrick now wanders the skyways hoping to find somewhere without quite as much action.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 5, 2016 wrote:
First yar!
Same to you, Decius!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Obviously, the picture is of Captain Steed in one of many Resistance disguises.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Is it possible that that specific pirate is the avatar of our pirate's father?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hint Ahoy!
Dastardly Dick , the meanest, most rotten, low-down pirate to ever hoist a sail! A rival to Boochbeard, he sails the skyways in search of revenge against our beloved, bumbling friend. For, alas, Boochbeard is partly responsible for the loss of D. D.'s legs ( an accident with a cannon.)
This Pirate's career is as checkered as his features, during the Polarian War he sided with Polaris ( boo! hiss! ) It was there he lost his right hand and left eye when an experimental hand grenade ( developed in Marleybone ) exploded near by.
Now, mates , this be more like it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hello Pirate Friends,

Is he a DWARF? I've never seen a dwarf in W101.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This unlucky adventurer sailed the skyways of Darkmoor until he lost his OTHER leg (the Golden one) betting against the Frogfather's favorite Buffaloon, Bouncing Betty, in the All Hallow's Eve steeplechase. Due to his lack of ready funds, he was forced to relocate to Skull Island, where his old pal, One-Eyed Jack, gave him a table to start a gnarly game of Go Fish with any of the local denizens who might be looking for some wagerly diversion. Uncle Remington Steele and Old Nicodemus might be found there on a Saturday, in the hopes of winning that amazing sword brandished by the gentleman, with a lucky sweep of the cards.

Be careful of dicing with this gambler, however -- he bears the scars of a duel fought against one who named him "Cheat!" Skill alone wins his games, says he.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Hello Pirate Friends,

Now THAT'S the kinda sneak peeks we've been waitin' fer, Professor Falmea! Yar!!! Thank ye a lot fer showin' us that new concept art image! Knowing from our previous times we've had these kinda sneak peeks, we know where this will lead to...

To the answer to your question, I would think that from his pirate garb, he's sorta from Skull Island, yet, the letter "D" on his belt buckle is backwards. Not to mention he's had some scars on him, from his previous battles that gave them these scars, likely him having both peg-legs. Although, I don't know his name yet, I can completely guess that he may have a very important role to play... or he would make a good companion to recruit... or even both...

Plus, his name that I'm thinking would be Captain Dan Darkscar.

Once again, thank ye a lot, Falmea! Keep up with more like it!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm, first, it seems our mystery gentleman has a fondness for finery - his heavily embroidered waistcoat, great coat with silver buttons, silver ring earrings, lace-edged neckstock and lace-edged shirt cuffs give testimony to that. However, he has fallen on hard times: his great coat is patched and in sad need of repair, although he has not had to give up any of his silver adornments... or at least, not all of them. He certainly has seen a lot of adventure, and it has taken its toll, not only with his permanent injuries, but in his hard, suspicious view of all he meets.

My guess is that the red painted mark of a skeletal hand on his cocked hat is the symbol of an organization, perhaps the pirate brotherhood he particularly belongs to, though it could be the symbol for his ship and crew. I think the strange purple mark under his left eye is not a normal scar, but the result of some hazardous brush with magic.

I would venture to guess he is an 'associate' of Avery's, perhaps a sometime rival. His black beard (kept neatly in two points) and black eyebrows seem to indicate a younger man than the gray-haired Avery, though he could be vain and dye his hair. There may have been a duel between them at some point in the past: both men bear identical scars, our new fellow on his right cheek, and Avery's on his left, which could be the marks given in such a combat. But (speculating wildly, of course) what ever he personally feels about Avery, slippery trickster that Avery is, he reluctantly owes Avery a debt. For it was Avery who snatched him out of the maw of the great sky monster that bit off both his lower legs (a monster that grows greater with each re-telling). Thus Avery feels that he can cash in the favor; of course he will be willing to tell the young pirate an important piece of information regarding the next map piece. Or, will he?

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
First of all, thank you so much for the hints we're finally being given. It's a huge relief to see some update is coming that looks like a story development. Just saying, this guy looks like a certain infamous pirate of lore. Anyone thinking.......Blackbeard?

Clever Sam Jones

Ensign
Nov 01, 2014
Can someone please post me the image link?
I really want to see what everyone is excited about

Faithful Isaiah Newell

Ensign
Feb 12, 2010
When is book 15 coming out, and therefore when are the next world in pirate101 going to be released

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
At last some clues on the update thank you Falmea!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
YAY thanks falmea I cant wait for this to come out and I think I would put him in darkmoor or somewhere in skull island can't wait for the book to come out

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
"So, this fateful Friday, let me share with you a fine fellow who will be making his way to the Spiral in the near future. My question is… tell me his story, if you were the one weaving the tale".

This fine fellow "for a pirate anyway", lives in the world of Darkmoor. Once a respected crew member of Avery's he has fought many foes over the years. After an unfortunate battle with a dragon in Dragonspyre he decided to settle down in Skull Island. Upon the rise of the Armada he disagreed with how Avery wanted to remain neutral and attempted to take control of Skull Island. When his mutiny was defeated he was banished from Skull Island to fend for himself.

Being unable to find a way back into Valencia, Avery reluctantly sends us to find him. If anyone knows all of the shadowy corners of the spiral, he would. After assisting him with a few "monster issues" he agrees to help us get into Valencia to find the toy maker. Along the way he also teaches us some new talents he learned while exploring the spiral. He thinks to himself as we sail off to Valencia, can this young pirate and his crew finally bring down Kane and and his army of clockworks?

Ensign
Oct 02, 2015
Awesome can't wait

Gather ye round mates and I'll tell ye the tale of Shadow Cutless

A lone pirate stands on a hill overlooking the skyway he once called home. He sighs as he pulls out a bottle of yum and drinks. "Has it been that long since I lost it all? Me crew, me ship, me limbs!" He finishes the bottle and hurls it out into the skyway, turning he heads back to the tavern for another. As long memories begin to flow.

Memory

A warm glowing sun beamed over the skyway. A lone ship is seen sailing across the vastness of the sky. A lone ship can be seen sailing proudly towards Mooshu. A tall captain is seen at the helm with a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face. "Yo how me harty's, we be setting a course to Icy docks, there be treasure there in the tower of moo." The crew cheered with the thought of treasure but as the ship was headed to Subata skyway, a enemy ship began to attack. "Ye scurvy dogs think ye can take me ship down, think again." For hours the ship fought and was failing, the enemy ship shot one last cannonball. A huge explosion errupted, Captain Shadow was knocked un concious.

Hours later

Groggigly Shadow arose, "Me head, what has happened?" The nurse on standby went to his bedside. "Oh your awake, you were knocked out by an enemy ship, and sadly..." 5 crew members limped into the room, "Captain my captain, everything is destroyed, the ship, half our crew is dead and....oh captain my captain."
Captain Shadow looked down and seen the hook on his hand, two peg legs, he felt his eye and found a patch. Shadow stood up. "Cheer up lads, we will start a new once we find the treasure..."

Back to present, "That blasted tower, there was no treasure and me loyal crew drank that potion and was lost to me"

So when ye enter the tower be aware for Captains Shadows crew waits for the next to join, ye may know them as the Nerfarious 5. As for the captain he sails alone wandering the skyway, to lands we are yet to roam.

By Dreaming Sabrina Hawkins

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hello Pirate Friends,

Welcome to the Pirate101 Rouge's Gallery!

Subject: The Bloody Hand.

Known only as the Bloody Hand, by the insignia on his hat, this mysterious pirate captain has been seen across many worlds, hiding in the shadows. Many rumors float around him.....the most prominent being that he was plotting to raise a rebel army to attack the Armada at their weakest points. The threat was serious enough that the Armada placed a 100,000 gold bounty on his head....the largest bounty the Armada had ever placed on an enemy. One legend says that the sword the Bloody Hand uses once belonged to a doomed bounty hunter who tried to collect that bounty. However, most recently, he has had trouble in finding recruits to join his crew, and now he has settled in Darkmoor, saying that 'the lack of sun does me good'. But he still years for adventure, and revenge against the Armada for taking his legs and eye. He never thought he'd be able to get another shot at fighting the Armada until a young pirate came to his hideout, seeking information about a Valencian called Caligostro.....one of the Bloody Hand's old friends.

These pirates and more await ye when you play for free at Pirate101.com!

Community Leader
Thank ye Falmea looks like somethin' be brewin' in t' skyways.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Captain
Jul 16, 2014
I'm not sure why the image isn't appearing for some folks. If needed, you should be able to view it at this link.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*