Ever notice how different level 50's are?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
My swashbuckler goes with a slashy sword and pistol. I've seen another go with a staff and others with stabby weapons. No matter what they use the characters seem to be miles apart from one another. I don't know if its because of a lack of a bazaar or because everyone just prefers different things. I'm currently making a privateer and am being very picky on what skills I take and which ones I refuse to ever learn so its going to be a lot different from other privateers (I refuse to learn the first skill, so I have to port out of the privateer's office every time I enter). I hope an addition ofa bazaar doesn't make everyone generic as I think that would make pvp a lot less interesting and fun.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2011
4
seasnake on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
My swashbuckler goes with a slashy sword and pistol. I've seen another go with a staff and others with stabby weapons. No matter what they use the characters seem to be miles apart from one another. I don't know if its because of a lack of a bazaar or because everyone just prefers different things. I'm currently making a privateer and am being very picky on what skills I take and which ones I refuse to ever learn so its going to be a lot different from other privateers (I refuse to learn the first skill, so I have to port out of the privateer's office every time I enter). I hope an addition ofa bazaar doesn't make everyone generic as I think that would make pvp a lot less interesting and fun.
I don't think that would happen.

Community Leader
seasnake on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
My swashbuckler goes with a slashy sword and pistol. I've seen another go with a staff and others with stabby weapons. No matter what they use the characters seem to be miles apart from one another. I don't know if its because of a lack of a bazaar or because everyone just prefers different things. I'm currently making a privateer and am being very picky on what skills I take and which ones I refuse to ever learn so its going to be a lot different from other privateers (I refuse to learn the first skill, so I have to port out of the privateer's office every time I enter). I hope an addition ofa bazaar doesn't make everyone generic as I think that would make pvp a lot less interesting and fun.
The games dynamics allow for a number of successful/useful combinations.
This diversity IMO is a good thing.

Curious however you said...

"(I refuse to learn the first skill, so I have to port out of the privateer's office every time I enter)"
The privateers first skill is "Rouse" which is healing.. (which is also required for some of the later skills)
Not questioning your strategy.. to each their own.. but why would not getting "Rouse" skill make you have to port out of the privateers office?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Dr Zeppers on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
The games dynamics allow for a number of successful/useful combinations.
This diversity IMO is a good thing.

Curious however you said...

"(I refuse to learn the first skill, so I have to port out of the privateer's office every time I enter)"
The privateers first skill is "Rouse" which is healing.. (which is also required for some of the later skills)
Not questioning your strategy.. to each their own.. but why would not getting "Rouse" skill make you have to port out of the privateers office?
the privateer doesn't pick up rouse, it already comes with it, the skill I'm avoiding is valor's shield.. also I have no intention of ever learning any of the loud skills

Community Leader
seasnake on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
the privateer doesn't pick up rouse, it already comes with it, the skill I'm avoiding is valor's shield.. also I have no intention of ever learning any of the loud skills
Ok, my mistake, Valor Shield, not Rouse...

However, im still curious.

What is it about Valor shield that requires you to port out of the Privateers trainer every time you enter?
Valor shield is a protection spell, if you dont want it, dont train it. It certainly does not cause anyone to have to port out of the trainers office.

To be clear, I dont care what talent your referring to.
What im asking is basically why must you port out of the privateers office? (Because I see this to be either a bug, or a lack of understanding of the game. If its a bug, lets report it, if its a lack of understanding... lets explain it.)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Dr Zeppers on Dec 2, 2012 wrote:
Ok, my mistake, Valor Shield, not Rouse...

However, im still curious.

What is it about Valor shield that requires you to port out of the Privateers trainer every time you enter?
Valor shield is a protection spell, if you dont want it, dont train it. It certainly does not cause anyone to have to port out of the trainers office.

To be clear, I dont care what talent your referring to.
What im asking is basically why must you port out of the privateers office? (Because I see this to be either a bug, or a lack of understanding of the game. If its a bug, lets report it, if its a lack of understanding... lets explain it.)
You were given a quest to pick up the first talent and I simply don't complete it to not have that card and those that follow its line in my deck. I would pick it up in an instant if I could choose what cards to supress from my deck. When players are playing like this and are avoiding side quests due to forced upon companions that can't be supressed you have an issue going on where the players are telling the developers what they can do with their non-suppression policy. Players are upset over these issues, just look at them.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
seasnake on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
My swashbuckler goes with a slashy sword and pistol. I've seen another go with a staff and others with stabby weapons. No matter what they use the characters seem to be miles apart from one another. I don't know if its because of a lack of a bazaar or because everyone just prefers different things. I'm currently making a privateer and am being very picky on what skills I take and which ones I refuse to ever learn so its going to be a lot different from other privateers (I refuse to learn the first skill, so I have to port out of the privateer's office every time I enter). I hope an addition ofa bazaar doesn't make everyone generic as I think that would make pvp a lot less interesting and fun.
No, you dont have to train every singe talent in your class, you can skip some, but some of the more advanced talents have requirements, so if you want some of the later talents, you must aquire all of the previous talents that are required to obtain the desired talent you are trying to train.

With the expansion of a Bazaar, I do not see how you can ever possibly think that any class can become Generic.

Swashbucklers get First Strike 2, in test, Riposte, and lots of other cards that no other classes can get or train, but even if their gear has one of these talents, they will not have all of this classes epic talents and boost ability.

Buccaneers get Vengeance 2, Blade Storm 2, and lots of other Damage reductions and Boosts that no other class can get or train, but even if they get gear with a card, there is no way that any class can match all the epic talents and abilities my buccaneer can have.

I can go on an on with each and every class, but what is the point?

You have an option to train or not to train, but dont think for a second you can have your privateer the same as any swashbuckler, because there is no possible way!