Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Dorado Stormgate Located?!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So I was farming the Scylla in Aquila, for the Scylla pet and good ship equipment
And I realised that those tentacles coming out of the stormgate could well be El Dorado? That weird monster thing could be what destroyed the old builders? Another possibility is that it's the sky squid that killed our parents, I just find it odd how there is a stormgate with a giant monster coming out of it don't you?

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
It could be, but I'm really not sure. There seems to be a lot of rumored stormgates in Aquila these days.......

Cruel Connor Bowman,

P.S. Not everyone's parents were killed in the squid. See ye in the skyways!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
So I was farming the Scylla in Aquila, for the Scylla pet and good ship equipment
And I realised that those tentacles coming out of the stormgate could well be El Dorado? That weird monster thing could be what destroyed the old builders? Another possibility is that it's the sky squid that killed our parents, I just find it odd how there is a stormgate with a giant monster coming out of it don't you?
That is Charybdis, in Homer's Odyssey ( adventures of Odysseus/Ulysses after the Trojan War ) Ulysses has to travel pass Charybdis ( a monsterous whirlpool that sucks down and destroys ships ) and Scylla, a horrible Sea Monster with 8 heads that will always snatch a sailor off of the ship.
He wisely chooses to avoid Charybdis ( everyone would die ) and sail past Scylla ( sacrificing only 8 men, yeah kinda sucks to sail with Ulysses. ) By the end of the story, none of his crew makes it home.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
It could be, but I'm really not sure. There seems to be a lot of rumored stormgates in Aquila these days.......

Cruel Connor Bowman,

P.S. Not everyone's parents were killed in the squid. See ye in the skyways!
I said it could be the sky squid so that for Birgus Latro's promotion quest we could enter the stormgate, fight the best avenge our parents (if they died that way) but I do know that there are 4 other options of death

Commodore
May 31, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
I'm pretty sure we'll have to fight Charybdis (that's the tentacle thing) at some point; it's a possibly that she/it guards a stormgate. It'll either be a one-time quest goal that goes something along the lines of, "Drop some gunpowder barrels into the monster's maw and fill it with cannon fire!" or a repeatable fight like Scylla's, where you can skip it by pressing 'x' before coming into range of the attacks.

As for what lies beyond...who knows? Perhaps that particular vortex leads to El Dorado; it's quite possible. I have a feeling that that isn't the case though. My personal belief (and I am sure I will be proved wrong when we get to El Dorado) is that the stormgate leading to the city is in MooShu's Imperial Skyway, mostly because of the fact that it would be a nice link to the MooShu story arc and the fact that the writing on the map must be translated by Cao Tzu, who resides in MooShu. As I said, I'm very sure that I'm incorrect on this idea, but we never know what kind of surprise KI will throw at us.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
The Eldorado storm gate is on the same circle as polaris and is nearby marleybone. Aquila is a bit of a ways away from Eldorado.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
If we ever fight it, the tentacles should burst through our ship's deck and we'd have to cut them off by ourselves, in deckside combat!