Eat Oranges

1
AuthorMessage
Dreamy Dreamer
Oct 15, 2012
539
So ya wanna become a pirate? Well first YA GOTTA EAT ORANGES.
oranges help so you dunt get teh scurveh. so eat em'
eat oranges.
eat oranges.
eat oranges.

Dreamy Dreamer
Jun 26, 2010
700
It be true that no pirate here wants any scurvy I know I don't mates, so it be important to eat ye fruits, well said mate, well said.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dreamy Dreamer
Oct 15, 2012
539
jack morgan933 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
It be true that no pirate here wants any scurvy I know I don't mates, so it be important to eat ye fruits, well said mate, well said.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
and eat yer' lemons too.
Cave Johnson:DID SOMEONE SAY LEMONS?!?!?!?
(cave johnson burns the message boards down with combustible lemons.)

Luv Ya Leader
Mar 16, 2012
7968
Limes too! This is the origin of the word 'limey' to describe British sailors!

Dreamy Dreamer
Oct 15, 2012
539
Luv Ya Leader
Mar 10, 2009
6206
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Limes too! This is the origin of the word 'limey' to describe British sailors!
That explains a LOT lol.

Luv Ya Leader
Mar 10, 2009
6206
Liver is also a very high source of vitamin C. In a 100 gram comparison of apple has 7mg of vitamin C, liver has 27mg.
Source:Nutritionist Chris Kresser

Forever Friend
Sep 20, 2009
922
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Limes too! This is the origin of the word 'limey' to describe British sailors!
That's very true Anecorbie, I'm pretty sure that Limes actually have a higher vitamin C content then oranges or lemons, meaning that limes would help to prevent scruvy better than oranges or lemons.

Forever Friend
Jan 22, 2013
876
i don't eat things with vitamin C but how do i not have scurvy? o. o

Luv Ya Leader
Mar 16, 2012
7968
sparticus32 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
i don't eat things with vitamin C but how do i not have scurvy? o. o
You're getting that vitamin through other means - veggies, or other fresh foods or vitamin supplements.

Be Mine Beginner
Sep 24, 2009
4
Dreamy Dreamer
Mar 24, 2013
732
Orange-N-Ade punch anyone ? Drink them while they are here,for a limited time only. From the makers of Yum-N-Ade,at Rayan's Yum-N-Ade stand.

Comes in 3 flavors Classic, with Yum Yum fruits and with Watermolen.

Crush-er
Feb 22, 2011
271
Eat Valencian Oranges... or don't. They are the most MYSTERIOUS substances in the spiral. I'll explain why very soon.

Forever Friend
Jan 22, 2013
876
anecorbie on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
You're getting that vitamin through other means - veggies, or other fresh foods or vitamin supplements.
i don't eat my veggies, or i rarely even eat food at all.

Dreamy Dreamer
Oct 15, 2012
539
Dreamy Dreamer
Jan 17, 2013
712
Dreamy Dreamer
Jan 17, 2013
712
And you must also eat bacon! Because it tastes good! I recomend turkey bacon! Its more healthy then the normal pork version! So eat turkey bacon! Oh hey its actually breakfast time where i am, and my mom is making bacon and im starving!! Bye guys! x grabs fork and sprints off x

Dreamy Dreamer
Jan 17, 2013
712
Monkrinx2024 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Orange-N-Ade punch anyone ? Drink them while they are here,for a limited time only. From the makers of Yum-N-Ade,at Rayan's Yum-N-Ade stand.

Comes in 3 flavors Classic, with Yum Yum fruits and with Watermolen.
yumm! x drinks with my bacon x

Forever Friend
Sep 20, 2009
922
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
and dont forget water too.
Actually, due to the poor water treatment available during age of pirates, and because water itself can actually go bad most sailing ships preferred to keep large quantities of whiskey, rum, or other spirits depending on which country the ship sailed from. A common technique was actually to mix water with whiskey or rum, thus prolonging the storage life of the water, as well as making the spirits last longer.

British sailors were even rationed a specific amount of rum per day.

Angel Ambassador
May 30, 2010
1031
ThatSwashbucklerMi... on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
....What if I don't like oranges?
Then eat something else that has vitamin C in it. Ascorbic acid is an additive to a number of foods anyway; you'll get it somehow.

Take a multivitamin if you have a really unbalanced diet. I wouldn't go with one that claims to have 100% of all your RDA of anything, but that's because I assume you eat something.

Crush-er
Feb 22, 2011
271
fearless robert sp... on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
And you must also eat bacon! Because it tastes good! I recomend turkey bacon! Its more healthy then the normal pork version! So eat turkey bacon! Oh hey its actually breakfast time where i am, and my mom is making bacon and im starving!! Bye guys! x grabs fork and sprints off x
TURKEY BACON is just a wannabe. I HATE turkey bacon. It is a disgrace.

Dreamy Dreamer
Jan 17, 2013
712
darkdoombro345 on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
TURKEY BACON is just a wannabe. I HATE turkey bacon. It is a disgrace.
how dare you disgrace the turkey bacon! you should be ashamed! lol

Cute Stuff Commoner
Jul 28, 2011
64
Monkrinx2024 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Orange-N-Ade punch anyone ? Drink them while they are here,for a limited time only. From the makers of Yum-N-Ade,at Rayan's Yum-N-Ade stand.

Comes in 3 flavors Classic, with Yum Yum fruits and with Watermolen.
Me: DID-
Bonnie: Captain Not Now
Me: SOMEBODY-
Sarah: Captain Pls
Me: SAY-
Scratch: Captainn My Captain...
Me: WATERMELON?
Subodai: Oh Boy
Me: *Tears through the message boards* I HAVE ARRIVED

Dreamy Dreamer
Oct 15, 2012
539
subata speaks on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Me: DID-
Bonnie: Captain Not Now
Me: SOMEBODY-
Sarah: Captain Pls
Me: SAY-
Scratch: Captainn My Captain...
Me: WATERMELON?
Subodai: Oh Boy
Me: *Tears through the message boards* I HAVE ARRIVED
WATERMELONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh,btw,did u dismember da cabbage.

Be Mine Beginner
Jul 10, 2009
46
ThatSwashbucklerMi... on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
....What if I don't like oranges?
Then I guess you have to:

Eat limes
Eat limes
Eat limes

1