Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easter Eggs, again.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, it seems that the Easter Eggs thread we had going has been locked, due to inactivity once again.
So, I might as well start a new one. As with the original thread, please feel free to post and Easter Eggs you find in game, even if you're not sure about it. Lets continue to see how many we all can find.

I'll start with one, that may not exactly be all that new.

Bat Masterson, recognized as the Spiral's version of the legendary American lawman Bartholemew William Barclay Masterson. Bat Masterson, and his brothers Ed and James were known both as lawmen, and troublemakers of Dodge City. But, did you know they were all born in Henriville, Quebec Canada?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
CdeWinter on Sep 21, 2017 wrote:
Well, it seems that the Easter Eggs thread we had going has been locked, due to inactivity once again.
So, I might as well start a new one. As with the original thread, please feel free to post and Easter Eggs you find in game, even if you're not sure about it. Lets continue to see how many we all can find.

Bat Masterson, recognized as the Spiral's version of the legendary American lawman Bartholemew William Barclay Masterson. Bat Masterson, and his brothers Ed and James were known both as lawmen, and troublemakers of Dodge City. But, did you know they were all born in Henriville, Quebec Canada?
Scarlet, I always enjoy your (and Anecorbie's) pleasant history lessons ()! So, no, I did not know they were born in Canada, L.O.L.!

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

And they couldn't wait to leave Canada for a warmer climate! Bat eventually ended up in New York City where he was a sports journalist. Just one of many examples of ex-pat Canadians enriching the U.S.A.
VA2 has quite a few references to "The Princess Bride" & Shakespeare.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

if you look at my chars name, the first letter of each word spells a word. XD

fiery alyssa taylor (crimson reaper pointed this out to me XD)

see if you can guess :P

Ensign
May 02, 2011
Has anyone ever seen doctor who?
In one episode, he faces off with some very familiar looking enemies, namely clockwork driods with masks and clothing that look suspiciously like the armada, especialy those white masks with black, hollow eyes

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016

What are Easter Eggs?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
crimsonreaper5 on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
What are Easter Eggs?
Easter Eggs are the references to pop culture that are often tucked away in games such as Pirate101.
This game is full of them, check out this older post to find the Easter Eggs already discovered.

This thread was started so that we can continue discovering and posting the easter eggs of the Spiral.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What are Easter Eggs?
They are references to popular culture; from literature, music & movies/TV. Like an Easter Egg hunt, players see the references scattered through the game.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
What are Easter Eggs?
Easter eggs are basically parodies or hidden surprises based off of other movies, songs, TV shows, people, etc. Hope this answered your question!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Sherlock bones and mycroft bones, Sherlock bones= Sherlock homes and he had a brother named mycroft.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I recently noticed a reference; the NPC Sir Jasper Leigh in Port Regal is a character in the novel The Sea Hawk by Rafael Sabatini.
Sabatini himself is referenced in Haunted skyway where he is murdered by Captain Blood, another character from the novel Captain Blood, also by Sabatini.
That's very clever of the writers of KI, ( I suspect Blind Mew was behind it ).

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'm sure others have seen this one before, but for the first for me at least, I spotted Pvt Pyle.
That name should be familiar to anybody who has seen the movie Full Metal Jacket.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I'm sure others have seen this one before, but for the first for me at least, I spotted Pvt Pyle.
That name should be familiar to anybody who has seen the movie Full Metal Jacket.
I'm not familiar with Full Metal Jacket; but from the manner in which he spoke, I made a different connection - an old TV show called: "Gomer Pyle USMC", starring Jim Nabors.

Developer
anecorbie on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
I'm not familiar with Full Metal Jacket; but from the manner in which he spoke, I made a different connection - an old TV show called: "Gomer Pyle USMC", starring Jim Nabors.
Indeed, I think you'll find, upon investigation, that the Private Pyle nickname in Full Metal Jacket is itself a reference to Jim Nabors' Gomer Pyle. We share a source with Kubrick.

We never referenced Full Metal Jacket as I recall. Apocalypse Now sure, but not Full Metal Jacket.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, I have never heard of 'Gomer Pyle; USMC'. So I only know the character in 'Full Metal Jacket'. I can understand why KI might not want to directly reference it, it was an, um interesting movie choice somewhat forced upon me during basic training.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
Well, I have never heard of 'Gomer Pyle; USMC'. So I only know the character in 'Full Metal Jacket'. I can understand why KI might not want to directly reference it, it was an, um interesting movie choice somewhat forced upon me during basic training.
Gomer Pyle USMC was a spin-off from the old Andy Griffith show from the early 1960's, where the character was a guy who, I think, worked at the local auto shop as a mechanic, with that hokey country boy dialect. He joined the Marines in the classic fish-out-of-water story. The big twist was his surprisingly powerful singing voice, as the actor Jim Nabors could really, really sing. I want to say that the series started in black and white, even, before transitioning to color, like Gilligan's Island and the Munsters of the same classic TV era.

Thanks, Blind Mew! I got to relive my childhood TV memories.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 20, 2018 wrote:
Gomer Pyle USMC was a spin-off from the old Andy Griffith show from the early 1960's, where the character was a guy who, I think, worked at the local auto shop as a mechanic, with that hokey country boy dialect. He joined the Marines in the classic fish-out-of-water story. The big twist was his surprisingly powerful singing voice, as the actor Jim Nabors could really, really sing. I want to say that the series started in black and white, even, before transitioning to color, like Gilligan's Island and the Munsters of the same classic TV era.

Thanks, Blind Mew! I got to relive my childhood TV memories.

Actually the auto mechanic was Goober, Gomer's cousin.