Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easter Eggs

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Okay, might as well give it a shot.

The quest "Love's Locket Lost".

Nancy McGill.

All I can think about is The Beatles' song "Rocky Raccoon".

Some of the lyrics goes:

"Her name was Magil and she called herself Lil
But everyone knew her as Nancy."

I know the name is slightly different in spelling.

Ensign
May 31, 2009
Good call! I've seen loads of names on characters that have given me quite the chuckle! And I always appreciate the musical humor behind all the Zeke quests!!!

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
cairnlae on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Good call! I've seen loads of names on characters that have given me quite the chuckle! And I always appreciate the musical humor behind all the Zeke quests!!!
how did prospecter zeke get on pirate101

Ensign
Mar 23, 2009
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
Involved in the quest "Treasure Hunt".
Had to fight "Old Scratch".

One of the skeletal pirates he called upon was named "Bones McCoy".

I got a big kick out of that one.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Did anyone else catch the "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" reference in the ancient ruins. You mention the Golden Monkey and the monkies reply exactly like the "frenchmen" in the castle.

Ensign
May 24, 2012
OMG.........Bones McCoy? Good one. My favorite is buying a weapon in the Remington Steele shop. I have to look at Zeke's quest again. I missed the title the first time.

Ensign
Oct 05, 2012
Yes Zeke's quest in Cool Ranch is to Find the "Dixie Chicks" and many might know who they are (I know I do)
And there's many that I have encountered throughout the game but didn't really pay attention until now. xD

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
In Traitor's Cave, in Blood Shoals.
You meat three rat ghosts.
Manny, Moe and Jack.

These names are the names of the three mascots of a nationwide
automotive supply chain.

I don't want to post its name here though.
I will say this though,
Those "Boys" sure are "Peppy".

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
A quest in Mooshu.
Called "Dream of the Blue Turtle."

It is the name of Stings first solo album,
released in the U.S. mid 1985.

Ensign
Jan 15, 2011
Nurse Quinn in Cool Ranch was probably based on the main character of an old show Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
I chuckled when I realized that the name "Gortez" (as in the gorilla conquistador) came from the Spanish conquistador "Cortez". LOL.

Ensign
Jul 14, 2009
if you have heard the tv show called Naruto ( not shippuden ) from like episodes 10-20 there is a guy named Haku ( he dies on episode 18 ) and in pirate101 there is a boss named Haku

Ensign
Jan 27, 2011
There is also the "Heart of Darkness"/"Apocalypse Now" reference in the Golden Monkey quest. We have well read game developers.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
MentalRetreat on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
I chuckled when I realized that the name "Gortez" (as in the gorilla conquistador) came from the Spanish conquistador "Cortez". LOL.
Yeah and napolequin

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well...

Shakespeare and skulls, poor Hamlet.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
If I was somewhere near Cutthroat Island, my name might be Mordekai.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
My oh my the folks at Kingsisle are sooo very clever and witty! I’ve never paid attention to the Easter Eggs before, but now that they’ve been pointed out, I’m spotting them EVERYWHERE and loving it!!!

Which of our contacts played Dr. Kessler?

The Rat Pack are dancing and singing their way into my view. Sammy Davies” just tapped his way onto my quest queue! Can’t wait to meet the rest!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Did no one notice the Troggy named "Eki Eki Zip Boing"?

Ni! Shhhh! Shhhhh!

Ensign
Dec 14, 2012
in trade winds sky way,

there is a place called puerto mico

puerto rico

Lucas Jackson level 10

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I know I've posted this before, but there is more than one Monty Python reference in the game, clearly someone in KI is a big Monty Python fan. Gaspard de Vole first promotion quest features the sudden appearence of the Monkquistion saying "Nobody expectes the Monkquistion" clearly from Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition sketches.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
CdeWinter on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I know I've posted this before, but there is more than one Monty Python reference in the game, clearly someone in KI is a big Monty Python fan. Gaspard de Vole first promotion quest features the sudden appearence of the Monkquistion saying "Nobody expectes the Monkquistion" clearly from Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition sketches.
Don't forget all "The Godfather" references too.

One example is Gortez.
This is after the completion of the Zenda dungeon battle.

One of Gortez's lines is "I tried to get out, but they pulled me back in.....etc."

This is a line from Godfather part 3.
I think it was after an assassination attempt on Al Pacino's character Michael Corleone.
Al Pacino says that line.

Ensign
Mar 14, 2009
Peabotz on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
Don't forget all "The Godfather" references too.

One example is Gortez.
This is after the completion of the Zenda dungeon battle.

One of Gortez's lines is "I tried to get out, but they pulled me back in.....etc."

This is a line from Godfather part 3.
I think it was after an assassination attempt on Al Pacino's character Michael Corleone.
Al Pacino says that line.
Not to mention the Frogfather.

-Crazy Tyler Underhill

Ensign
Feb 01, 2013
Haha..I have not noticed all the names that do sound familiar..which now I've noticed it!
It's pretty funny!
If I've noticed that sooner I've would of laughed!!

Community Leader
When we first enter Ancient ruins, there is a frog named "hopper"... a real space cadet frog.

"Hopper" character mimics the role that Dennis Hopper played in "Apocalypse Now".
Further more, he talks of Gortez (ie the golden monkey) like he is "Kurtz" the Colonel gone insane (also in Apocalypse Now). The speech Gortez gives when you approach him in the final Golden Monkey dungeon, is a parody of Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now.

I was doing a quest in Mooshu, and had to battle James Young, and Tommy Shaw (Guitar players in the band Styx) (the game used slightly different spellings I cannot immediately recall, but it was for sure them).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV