Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Double Guns vs. Rifle gun

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
When shopping for weapons with my Musketeer, I noticed that the double guns do more damage but the rifle gun sometimes comes with a card. So, I was wondering, which one is better

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
Hi there! I personally chose the twin pistol over the rifle only because of the animations. What i belive the main advantage to rifle over pistols is range. rifle have a longer range because of the longer barrels. (which i am sure most people already know) Anyway, I have found twin pistols that have carded abilities, and rifles that dont, so it really boils down to damage output and range. other than that I think the twin pistol animation when you jump into the air and barrage an enemy with gun fire is pure epicness.'

Flint Moone

Developer
coolster50 on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
When shopping for weapons with my Musketeer, I noticed that the double guns do more damage but the rifle gun sometimes comes with a card. So, I was wondering, which one is better
Rifles will also have better range, which will carry over to any of your trick-shot powers, as well.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Ratbeard on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
Rifles will also have better range, which will carry over to any of your trick-shot powers, as well.
Plus, a snazzy looking rifle looks so darn cool. I want to see even more rifles and bows and crossbows, but right now, the designs seem really limited.

I would love to eventually get my Musketeer a rifle that looked just like Bonnie Anne's. Or very similar to it.

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Valdrick on Jan 13, 2013 wrote:
Hi there! I personally chose the twin pistol over the rifle only because of the animations. What i belive the main advantage to rifle over pistols is range. rifle have a longer range because of the longer barrels. (which i am sure most people already know) Anyway, I have found twin pistols that have carded abilities, and rifles that dont, so it really boils down to damage output and range. other than that I think the twin pistol animation when you jump into the air and barrage an enemy with gun fire is pure epicness.'

Flint Moone
I like sniping

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
The difference is also on damage type,for example in Moshuu the double hand crossbows do physical damage meantime rifles do magical damage,by knowing this you could switch weapons depending on wich enemies you are faing and their resistances.