Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Did you see the El Dorado 02 animatic video?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I just happened to come across a particular online Youtube video about the El Dorado 02 Puppet Show, but I find to see it in it's animatic state, before it became final. It's no joke. It's from Donkey Hotay's channel. Go see it for yourself, if you're interested to see how it was. Can't place the outside link to it, due to rules & such.

You'll notice many obvious things... Gazpaccio's voice had a familiar voice we know from our favorite Witchdoctor companion, Old Scratch, before it changed, & there's one line that was cut out from the show midway, "I will never forget their screams.".

There's one more huge thing you should take note...

After Gazpaccio says, "That machine... what a wonder it was!", just as the scene with Marco Pollo's crew squabbling over El Dorado's share finishes, the scene cuts out to some blank pictures when Gazpaccio says, "In the months I spent disassembling it, I learned three lifetimes worth of mechanics and craftsmanship; all my latest success sprang from it.", likely temporary placeholders that was gonna show Gazpaccio continually messing with the Golden Guardian's machinery throughout the years, leading him to ripping out the Golden Heart and Golden Mind from it, and placing the Mind in Kane's head, leading to the completion of Kane & the regrets of Gazpaccio's actions still haunts him. The rest of his dialogue that was heard on Test & cut out before Book 15 went to Live was heard there, but there were no animatics to those placeholders made.

My guess, that was likely the rest of the Puppet Show's length that was abruptly cut down before Book 15 went to Test. Still think all of it would've remained if KI hadn't rushed it all down to the state we see today.

Kinda makes me think that maybe KI abruptly shortening Arc 1 wouldn't be worth the long wait we were in, yes?

What do you think, everyone?