Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dialogues for Newest Companions?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
We all know our newest companions that we got (Fan Flanders, Peter Quint, Carcarius Grimtooth, Chantal Livingstone, and The Marchioness) don't even have dialogues (excluding the ones they have when you first get them). Maybe in the next update Kingsisle releases, they might some dialogues for them in the current quests and hopefully for Book 15. It'd be much more fun to hear Fan say some more stuff other then "On it. What ya need? Aye Aye Cap'n!"
Lvl 65 Merciless Richard Chamberlain
Lvl 65 Fearless Richard Chamberlain
Lvl 65 Charming Richard Nightingale
Lvl 65 Merciless Richard Nightingale
Lvl 65 Reckless Richard Chamberlain
Lvl 15 Sly Richard Leech
P.S. Perhaps you've seen me around?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
We all know our newest companions that we got (Fan Flanders, Peter Quint, Carcarius Grimtooth, Chantal Livingstone, and The Marchioness) don't even have dialogues (excluding the ones they have when you first get them). Maybe in the next update Kingsisle releases, they might some dialogues for them in the current quests and hopefully for Book 15. It'd be much more fun to hear Fan say some more stuff other then "On it. What ya need? Aye Aye Cap'n!"
Lvl 15 Sly Richard Leech
They are considered side quest companions only mains get lines

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 20, 2016 wrote:
Lvl 15 Sly Richard Leech
Dialogue seems to be reserved for companions that:
1. Are from the main quest line ( class companions are not, in fact, you have the option of not recruiting them. )
2. Promote with a story ( class companions promote for gold. )
3. Companions that everyone gets. ( class companions are unique to that class. )
Unless KI decides to change this; just for the class companions, it's unlikely we'll get dialogue for them.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I'd much rather dialogue for the magnificent 7 companions than the class companions anyway the already get a story promotion I'm Aquila.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Eh, guess you guys are right about that

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I did have some thoughts the Class 5 companions having dialogue. Would be nice for them to be part o' the main storyline & have promo quests, to have their backstories made alive.

One day, we may see that. One day.

I'd like the VAs who did them reprise their roles, too.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Let me just say this. If every companion had dialogue:

1. It would be a boatload of extra work for KI, which is more focused on the update than any thing else
2. The fact is that the companions who talk the most dialogue have big and uniqbeue personalities (ex. Ratbeard, Bonnie). So if every companion gets an equal share, you would feel like you "know" your companions less.
3. I always feel like I have a hard time choosing what companions to use. And it seems as if the companions that talk the most I am more biased towards using. With the equality of speech between companions, I'd have a much harder time choosing.

See ye in the skyways!

Cruel Connor Bowman,

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Let me just say this. If every companion had dialogue:

1. It would be a boatload of extra work for KI, which is more focused on the update than any thing else
2. The fact is that the companions who talk the most dialogue have big and uniqbeue personalities (ex. Ratbeard, Bonnie). So if every companion gets an equal share, you would feel like you "know" your companions less.
3. I always feel like I have a hard time choosing what companions to use. And it seems as if the companions that talk the most I am more biased towards using. With the equality of speech between companions, I'd have a much harder time choosing.

See ye in the skyways!

Cruel Connor Bowman,
I totally agree with you, I feel like that too.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I know it would take some more work for KI to add dialogue to more companions, but I was only mentioning Fan, Peter Quint, Marchioness, Chantal, & Grimtooth, who have their own backstories, while told in the videos, haven't been brought to reality in the game.

I get that not every companion, E.G., the Crowns Shop companions, needs to have dialogue. It's just that those that are recruited universally, & those recruited by specific classes only, like the MooShu 5, do have dialogue, & I would think the Class Choice 5 should have dialogue to be more involved in the story & have promo quests to see their character development & backstories come to life. & I think they do have unique personalities. Just not explored more.

Even so, I wouldn't think I would get to know my companions less. Just more.