Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Destroyed Drop

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
Last night I was fighting Kane and he dropped the permanent clockwork wings mount but because my backpack was full it was destroyed. I made a video of most of the fight which including the part where we collected the treasure and the clockwork wings were destroyed. I e-mailed KI support over this but all they said was they could not verify that the wings dropped. Yes they could! All they would have to do is to watch the video I made. The video is proof that the permanent clockwork wings mount dropped and was destroyed. Where else is there a chess board with a cartoon named Kane on it? I hope that the forums team will be able to help me fix this. I have played Pirate 101 for awhile now, I am a Level 67 only 3 levels away from max, all I am asking for are the wings that are fairly mine. I don't even want the other drops that were destroyed, I am only asking for the wings.

Please give me my wings which are fairly mine.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
Last night I was fighting Kane and he dropped the permanent clockwork wings mount but because my backpack was full it was destroyed. I made a video of most of the fight which including the part where we collected the treasure and the clockwork wings were destroyed. I e-mailed KI support over this but all they said was they could not verify that the wings dropped. Yes they could! All they would have to do is to watch the video I made. The video is proof that the permanent clockwork wings mount dropped and was destroyed. Where else is there a chess board with a cartoon named Kane on it? I hope that the forums team will be able to help me fix this. I have played Pirate 101 for awhile now, I am a Level 67 only 3 levels away from max, all I am asking for are the wings that are fairly mine. I don't even want the other drops that were destroyed, I am only asking for the wings.

Please give me my wings which are fairly mine.
Sorry, there is nothing that KingsIsle can do about this. It's a fact of the game - if your pack is full and your bank also, then anything you receive will be destroyed.
Just like you don't get that extra gold when you've hit the gold cap.
Next time don't enter a dungeon with a full pack, also move some of your stuff from your bank to the shared bank or at least sell/trash items of no interest. If you have housing items in your bank place them in your house or move them to your attic ( this includes pets that you aren't training or using. )

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
Is there anything about this topic on the Pirate 101 website, I don't think there is other than if your backpack and bank or full items will be destroyed. If KI has no rule about destroyed items posted on the Pirate 101 website accessible to all Pirate 101 players, then KI needs to give me my wings which are fairly mine. I earned them by fighting Kane and my video proves they dropped! Please give me my wings!

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
732
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
Last night I was fighting Kane and he dropped the permanent clockwork wings mount but because my backpack was full it was destroyed. I made a video of most of the fight which including the part where we collected the treasure and the clockwork wings were destroyed. I e-mailed KI support over this but all they said was they could not verify that the wings dropped. Yes they could! All they would have to do is to watch the video I made. The video is proof that the permanent clockwork wings mount dropped and was destroyed. Where else is there a chess board with a cartoon named Kane on it? I hope that the forums team will be able to help me fix this. I have played Pirate 101 for awhile now, I am a Level 67 only 3 levels away from max, all I am asking for are the wings that are fairly mine. I don't even want the other drops that were destroyed, I am only asking for the wings.

Please give me my wings which are fairly mine.
Sorry, amico, that's how the game works :(

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1882
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Is there anything about this topic on the Pirate 101 website, I don't think there is other than if your backpack and bank or full items will be destroyed. If KI has no rule about destroyed items posted on the Pirate 101 website accessible to all Pirate 101 players, then KI needs to give me my wings which are fairly mine. I earned them by fighting Kane and my video proves they dropped! Please give me my wings!
I believe Boochbeard covers it in a Tutorial Tip.

Was this your first time fighting Kane? Have you ever had items destroyed in previous runs? Every team that I have been on, SOMEONE has mentioned to check your packs to make room. (They haven't all waited for us to do that, however - sometimes players get impatient and start the final battle without the full team, but that's another story altogether.)

To me, it's been common knowledge for quite some time, and definitely has been mentioned in these message boards on numerous occasions.

I feel your pain. I would surely be devastated as well, but I don't think you should keep insisting that you be awarded these wings.


Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
Wow...because KI didn't tell you, "Look, if you let your backpack and your bank both get full anything else you attempt to pick up will get destroyed" then KI somehow owes you a riding mount?

REALLY??

All those times when you picked up something and the game warned you that it went into your bank wasn't enough of a warning? ESPECIALLY when you had to click "OK" each time? You weren't bugged by that enough to try and clear some of that out?

The 180 slots in your backpack and bank combined were not enough for you? How many levels did you go through without clearing that out? Surely you ran into this a long time before and did it then. Every level you go up you end up with at least 10 items in your backpack. You'd have filled both before you got to Monquista. And filled it again before you left Cool Ranch. And again before you left Mooshu, and Aquilla. This could not possibly be the first time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Is there anything about this topic on the Pirate 101 website, I don't think there is other than if your backpack and bank or full items will be destroyed. If KI has no rule about destroyed items posted on the Pirate 101 website accessible to all Pirate 101 players, then KI needs to give me my wings which are fairly mine. I earned them by fighting Kane and my video proves they dropped! Please give me my wings!
Well there you have it RRRRZZZZ419! You found out on the web site that a full backpack and bank will cause you to lose items. That's the rule.
Those wings may have been earned but you don't get them due to your oversight. KingsIsle posted that rule, they don't need to give you those wings.
Destroyed items are destroyed, end of argument, sorry for your loss.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
Look, if they have a rule posted about this on this website I'll respect it, but I haven't seen it if they do. If KI has no rule about making a video to get a destroyed drop back then KI owes me my wings I fairly earned. The video proves I earned them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Look, if they have a rule posted about this on this website I'll respect it, but I haven't seen it if they do. If KI has no rule about making a video to get a destroyed drop back then KI owes me my wings I fairly earned. The video proves I earned them.
Under "Help" on these boards you find the FAQ section, look at: "Where did my stuff go?"
KI owes you absolutely nothing, it's terrible but learn from this lesson and empty your pack before entering a dungeon ( making sure you have space in your bank is a good idea, too. )
A video will not help you, if KI did give you this, then millions of players would be demanding stuff. Do the adult thing, admit you made a mistake and give it up.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
33
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Look, if they have a rule posted about this on this website I'll respect it, but I haven't seen it if they do. If KI has no rule about making a video to get a destroyed drop back then KI owes me my wings I fairly earned. The video proves I earned them.
You say you've been playing for a while, how did you not know that a full pack and bank would result in a destroyed drop? A video proving you got ( then lost ) the mount has nothing to do with the case, the fact is, you lost it because you forgot to empty your pack and bank!
Why should KI give you that mount because you made a video of it? It would just prove that you lost it because of what you failed to do.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
717
What I mean is they should clearly post that taking a video won't get your item back.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1157
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Look, if they have a rule posted about this on this website I'll respect it, but I haven't seen it if they do. If KI has no rule about making a video to get a destroyed drop back then KI owes me my wings I fairly earned. The video proves I earned them.
No, they don't. Go back to that video you keep referring to. Look at the message that popped up EVERY SINGLE TIME an item went into your bank instead of your backpack. What does it say?

If you pause your video and read that message carefully, you will see that you were warned about the possibility of an item being destroyed. I'm sorry that you lost the wings, but you had plenty of warning about what could happen. I get that when you're excitedly grabbing at the loot it's hard to take a moment to read those popup messages, but KI is in the right here.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
What I mean is they should clearly post that taking a video won't get your item back.
Why should KI have to state: "Videos won't restore a destroyed drop."? That's absolutely ridiculous! I wish One Eyed Jack would explain to you KI policy in this.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
629
I see your point, but I feel this is your fault. You should've enticed out your backpack or your bank before entering the battle and you could've gotten your Clockwork Wings. Blaming Kingsisle for it won't solve the problem, the best thing to do is move on and try for them again.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
24
"Look, if they have a rule posted about this on this website I'll respect it, but I haven't seen it if they do. If KI has no rule about making a video to get a destroyed drop back then KI owes me my wings I fairly earned. The video proves I earned them."

Sorry, but KI has told you, time and time again throughout the game whether it was too many treasure baths or your backpack and are bank nearly full, you won't be getting those items back. A video won't help get them back. Nor will complaining.

If you took more time selling useless drops you have in your backpack and bank, you would've avoided this problem in the first place. KI gave you warnings, but you didn't listen to them. KI won't pay for your mistakes and give you free wings. KI doesn't own you anything whatsoever.

So, be reasonable a admit to your mistakes because, in real life, people won't pay for your mistakes or give you something for free in life because you weren't responsible. But then, it's ok to make mistakes. Though, don't start complaining that KI owes you something like they did you a favor.

Here's some advice:

Step one: Clear everything out of your backpack and bank but the bare essentials such as equipped gear and needed pets.
Step two: Get a good team and tell them to do the same to avoid your problem.
Step three: Finally, farm the Kane dungeon and repeat steps one and two to have the possibility of getting another set of clockwork wings.

That wasn't so hard, was it?

Hardy Portia Zest- Level 70

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
672
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Look, if they have a rule posted about this on this website I'll respect it, but I haven't seen it if they do. If KI has no rule about making a video to get a destroyed drop back then KI owes me my wings I fairly earned. The video proves I earned them.
Because KI made no rule that says making a video doesn't make up for the fact that you were warned plenty of times that letting your bank get full could result in a destroyed item, because of that, you feel they should restore your ride?

In other words, you think making a video means you can ignore everything else you were told and instructed in the game?

Um...simple rule. Listen to this one, because it's important: You do not make the rules in life. KI is under no obligation to inform you of every single situation that will not result in returned items. You could make a detailed list of every item you pick up. Won't make any difference, and KI is under no obligation to restore anything on your list. You could get ten people to testify that your ride was destroyed. KI is still under no obligation to restore your ride. Why? Because the game operated the way it was supposed to. Your video is simply proof that you ignored the warning over and over and over again.