Deacon back from the Dead?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
53
Dear Pirate101 administrators,
It has come to my attention that in Bonnie Anne's second promotion to become fox sniper, Deacon is in the final place where you come to assasinate Rooke. By the time I started her promotion, I was already on to Mooshu, therefore classifying Deacon as coming back from the dead. Maybe edit him out and put Phule instead?
Your fan,
Heavyshark

Developer
Back from the dead?

I thought he was just a clockwork.

If somebody told you they die, perhaps you were mislead.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
151
Heavyshark on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Dear Pirate101 administrators,
It has come to my attention that in Bonnie Anne's second promotion to become fox sniper, Deacon is in the final place where you come to assasinate Rooke. By the time I started her promotion, I was already on to Mooshu, therefore classifying Deacon as coming back from the dead. Maybe edit him out and put Phule instead?
Your fan,
Heavyshark
Yeah this isn't to much of a game problkem, more of a I want this be to a perfect and natural story. It really bothers me when something like this happens. I agree they should have put in Phule.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
53
Break down, shut down, destroyed, misconstructed, whatever. Sure, Captain Terminus himself told me... "We...do not die..." but they sure do break down, as you say yourself in the game, but I guesss you're right.Anyway, a different clockwork would be the best choice. But not Rooke, because thats the one you are sent to assasinate.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
Heavyshark on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Dear Pirate101 administrators,
It has come to my attention that in Bonnie Anne's second promotion to become fox sniper, Deacon is in the final place where you come to assasinate Rooke. By the time I started her promotion, I was already on to Mooshu, therefore classifying Deacon as coming back from the dead. Maybe edit him out and put Phule instead?
Your fan,
Heavyshark
I think you went to the Motherlode Mine BEFORE you went to Monte Royale. You were supposed to head there and then you would see Deacon before you destroy him in the Motherlode Mine. You just got through an unintenional error that led to much confusion. I tell ya, they oughta make Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest a new major entry requirement to the Motherlode Mine. At least then, you would encounter Deacon for the final time.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
273
Heavyshark on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Dear Pirate101 administrators,
It has come to my attention that in Bonnie Anne's second promotion to become fox sniper, Deacon is in the final place where you come to assasinate Rooke. By the time I started her promotion, I was already on to Mooshu, therefore classifying Deacon as coming back from the dead. Maybe edit him out and put Phule instead?
Your fan,
Heavyshark
You gave me an idea decon back from the scrap heap bent on destroying you and your starter companion


Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
151
Ratbeard on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Back from the dead?

I thought he was just a clockwork.

If somebody told you they die, perhaps you were mislead.
Well Ratbeard I cleary remember when we fought Fin to get back the first map pieace, the defeated officer said " We do not tire, we do not rest " and you reply " They may not tire, but they do die ". Technically the clockworks run on gears and wires and an energy source form that, so once it's gone, they are technically dead.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
53
I thought I knew somewhere where ratbeard said, "They don't tire, but they sure do die." or something like that. I guess this is a topic to be further discussed. Modest Noah Underhill, level 50 Buccaneer.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Dear Heavyshark,
I had no problem with the instance at Monte Royale coming at the wrong time; in fact I had not returned to Cool Ranch, so the timing was excellent for me. But if you think about it, this is a trap far more suitable for Deacon than Phule. Phule, who seems divided against himself, would probably give a clever trap that yet had a back door. Here you have a morally ambiguous bait (assassination, even if for a good reason, is still murder and surely Deacon would love to accent the wrong-doing aspect), and a solid trap: you are heavily outnumbered, and the escape is blocked. (Indeed, once I realized the object was to escape, I thought it was a game of 'tafl', the Viking game where you have to get your king piece off the board... harder than it actually was, but the situation was still nicely intense). If Deacon had not been so arrogantly assured his trap would work and left his men to handle it, well, it would have probably been all up for our valiant pirates.
If you imagine your character more as a literary one than merely a game one (in this richly textured game, I have been enjoying the literary aspect), then Monte Royale is even more disturbing. Here you have been romping around the Spiral, merrily defying the Armada, but now you realize the consequences - should you be brought back to Valencia in chains, as threatened- impact not only you, but your loyal companions. It should be sobering for our young characters.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1891
Ratbeard on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Back from the dead?

I thought he was just a clockwork.

If somebody told you they die, perhaps you were mislead.
Worry you not, Ratbeard. He's truly only a Clockwork, and probably won't be back after being destroyed. They cannot return from the dead unless repairs are made, if Kane could order them to. If I may, I seem to recall the words spoken in the game, "They may not stop, but they do die." as Ratbeard in the game really said. I went through all of Deacon's encounters in the right order. First, in the game's tutorial, second, at Boot Hill with English Bill, the Duck of Death, third, at Monte Royale during Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest, and finally, Motherlode Mine and defeated him at long last. It appears that some Pirates have gone through Deacon's encounters in a wrong order. Maybe you oughta make Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest an entry requirement, to make sure no Pirates attempt to see Deacon's final encounter a step too early until they complete said quest. I'm sure that will stop this confusion about clockwork elites strangely appearing from defeat. If they were to come back, they would have to be repaired first.

Captain
May 16, 2011
553
AstroStorm on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
Well Ratbeard I cleary remember when we fought Fin to get back the first map pieace, the defeated officer said " We do not tire, we do not rest " and you reply " They may not tire, but they do die ". Technically the clockworks run on gears and wires and an energy source form that, so once it's gone, they are technically dead.
Actually, I am pretty sure Ratbeard said, "They may not tire, but they do break, if ye hits 'em hard enough." But I do agree, they pretty much die once they lose their power source.

-Modest Hank Ironside-Level 50 Witchdoctor

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2009
68
I think it would be cool if there was kind of "Scrap Lord Armada" where Kane combines bits and pieces of the Armada Elites that we destroyed to make a new clockwork as a last line of defense before getting to Kane.

Name: Scrap Lord Armageddon
Class: Buccaneer
Weapons: Huge Club
Level: I'm not sure because I don't know how long till El Dorado
Pirate Class: Scrap King
Epic Talents
Vengeance Strike X 2
Relentless
Blade Storm X 2
Cheap Shot
Powers
Scrap Token: (It summons a clone of Scrap Lord Armageddon only with half their strength and level, I got the idea from Phule since he has 2 faces).
Musketeer Blast: (Its like a more powerful scattershot but it doesn't lower dodge, I thought since Deacon was a musketeer they could have a musketeer abaility)
Cheats
Sacrificial Scrap: (It is basically Bishops Leech but it is a 1KO)

The idea is that this boss has traits from all the elites, Since we don't know anything about the other Armada Elite I couldn't give them any traits of them.

Hope you like the idea

Dashing Roberto Sharp Level 54 Swashbuckler (Test Realm Level)