Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Congrats Ihateseagulls for Petty Officer

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
We saw this one coming but it doesn't lessen the honor of the promotion. Congratulations to Ihateseagulls, or as we know her, Olivia Roberts for your promotion. x Raises a tankard to Petty Officer Roberts for a job well done x x More gold on the bar for the party x (Good thing I'm a pirate and this is easy to come by from Armada ships )

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
*Blushes*

Thank you! It's my first promo! *Puffs out chest and beams* I've been waiting for the legendary Chrissy 'th Blesser congratulations, and it makes me so happy to finally know that it's here! *Slams down pile of jewels* I've been waiting to use these for a while, but I think it’s time to break them out! Yum’s on me!

Joy to the Worlds!

-Merciless Olivia Roberts, lvl 59 Buccaneer

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Ahem, looks like Chrissy has given you the evil eye, Olivia.
Besides that Congratulations on your promotion. Since you apparently hate sea gulls, I thought I should inform you that there are actually no such things as Sea gulls. There are; ring-billed gulls, herring gulls, laughing gulls, great black-backed gulls, and a large variety of other gulls, but there are no sea gulls. (The ring-billed gull is the closet to a sea gull since its latin binomial is Larus marinus or marine gull.

Scarlet

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Ahem, looks like Chrissy has given you the evil eye, Olivia.
Besides that Congratulations on your promotion. Since you apparently hate sea gulls, I thought I should inform you that there are actually no such things as Sea gulls. There are; ring-billed gulls, herring gulls, laughing gulls, great black-backed gulls, and a large variety of other gulls, but there are no sea gulls. (The ring-billed gull is the closet to a sea gull since its latin binomial is Larus marinus or marine gull.

Scarlet
Brilliant. What a wonderful way to help get over a hatred. Those are such beautiful birds, I always thought. I have spent many a vacation giving them tidbits of healthy snacks mid air as they, ever so gently, take them from my fingers as I rode the ferry to Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks. They are also notorious thieves and will strip your beach picnic bare if you aren't careful. Overturned boxes and rolling up stuff in bags doesn't fool them one bit. They watch you and they do love a good puzzle. They haven't really been afraid of us since they saw 'The Birds' at a sea side drive in theater in southern California, but they still decided to be the pirates of the bird world and will commandeer a little treasure ( to them, treasure is anything they can eat) any time they see the chance.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Congrats for breaking mirrors! (Since you are a mirror breaker for Friday the 13th)

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Congrats!!! All I can add is never look up when walking along the beach.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
Brilliant. What a wonderful way to help get over a hatred. Those are such beautiful birds, I always thought. I have spent many a vacation giving them tidbits of healthy snacks mid air as they, ever so gently, take them from my fingers as I rode the ferry to Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks. They are also notorious thieves and will strip your beach picnic bare if you aren't careful. Overturned boxes and rolling up stuff in bags doesn't fool them one bit. They watch you and they do love a good puzzle. They haven't really been afraid of us since they saw 'The Birds' at a sea side drive in theater in southern California, but they still decided to be the pirates of the bird world and will commandeer a little treasure ( to them, treasure is anything they can eat) any time they see the chance.
Well, I use this as my message boards name because, well, I live in a city right next to the ocean, where if I go to eat lunch on the pier or something, I frequently get my munchies stolen.

O.R

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ihateseagulls on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Well, I use this as my message boards name because, well, I live in a city right next to the ocean, where if I go to eat lunch on the pier or something, I frequently get my munchies stolen.

O.R
Agreed, that happens too often. My friend and I went to the beach once, and I literally saw the birds staring me down, so I hugged my sandwich close to my chest, where I was sure that they wouldn't dare attack.

I was proven wrong. I had never before been back-handedly slapped by a seabirdy, and I plan on that never happening again, so every time I go to the beach with food, I make sure the windows of the cars are rolled up. *shudders* I shall be scarred for life. XD I've learned to just avoid the birds, and next time they attack, I'll be ready for them. Mwahahahaha!

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Ihateseagulls on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:

O.R
clever.I olive about 20 miles away from a beach, I don't get my munchies stolen. I am a lucky duck

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I jave to admit, I had a small laugh hearing that story. I had a similar encounter over the summer, only with a cow (Long story short, I really don't like Heffers now, especially spooked ones). Let's just say I kinda taunted the cow, and It came, knocked me over, and took my salad with it. Anyways, congrats on your promotion!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
I jave to admit, I had a small laugh hearing that story. I had a similar encounter over the summer, only with a cow (Long story short, I really don't like Heffers now, especially spooked ones). Let's just say I kinda taunted the cow, and It came, knocked me over, and took my salad with it. Anyways, congrats on your promotion!
Ouch That sounds painful. I don't recommend you take up cow tipping in your spare time, lol.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
It didn't hurt, luckily, but it was quite an experience. Ah, good times. Sharing funny stories on the Boards and just having fun. I'm gonna miss this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sly Gillian Randal... on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
It didn't hurt, luckily, but it was quite an experience. Ah, good times. Sharing funny stories on the Boards and just having fun. I'm gonna miss this.
Aww x hugs x We are gonna miss you too.