Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Congrats Anne Radcliffe for 1000 yar!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Speaking for the pirate community, you have done Avery big achievement! 1000 yars! Thx for role plays, fantastic sciencey stuff and for being awesome! You are the 3rd ever person to achieve such a great feat on these message boards!

All I can say is keep going to Dread Pirate and beyond!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Yes, congratulations indeed Anne Radcliffe

1000 yars, that's incredible. Keep up the great work. I have read many of your role plays and you do have a brilliant mind. Again, congratulations!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Delightfully seconded. Congratulations Anne. It is a fine thing that our appreciation for you can show in such fun ways. I may keep them giggling but you keep us on the right track and smart enough to not be tricked by any of Kane's tricks. Thank you for sharing your wonderful gifts with us.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Congrats Anne!! But I do think it is time to dispel a few myths that may be circulating as of late.

Anne did not adopt a pet porcupine named Luigi in 1996.
Anne is one of the smartest people I know, a PhD no less.
Anne was not born on the planet Saturn. (Neptune has not been ruled out.)
Anne is one of the most caring and loving people, not just on the message boards, but in real life.
Anne is not nurturing a horde of rabid herbivores bent on world domination.
Anne's favorite place to visit is Colonial Williamsburg.

I do hope this clears up a few misconceptions.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Wow, thanks, Golden Guardian! Your wits are sharper than mine as I hadn't even noticed! (I do notice if people yar a post I recently wrote, really, though) Everyone has been so very kind to me - thank you very much!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Aye, congratulations Anne. You have defenitly made some very inspiring posts, and somehow with all that we seem to have in common, I kinda feel like I know you, which I defenitly do not. Also, if Sam wasn't just joking, I'm also impressed that you do have a PhD, I know the amount of work it takes to get that far, at least it took me an humongous amount of time and work just to get my Masters. So a late congratulations on that as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Congrats Anne!! But I do think it is time to dispel a few myths that may be circulating as of late.

Anne did not adopt a pet porcupine named Luigi in 1996.
Anne is one of the smartest people I know, a PhD no less.
Anne was not born on the planet Saturn. (Neptune has not been ruled out.)
Anne is one of the most caring and loving people, not just on the message boards, but in real life.
Anne is not nurturing a horde of rabid herbivores bent on world domination.
Anne's favorite place to visit is Colonial Williamsburg.

I do hope this clears up a few misconceptions.
Just wonderful Sam. I do so enjoy your mythbuster posts. They give me the best unexpected giggles. Those are the best kind too.
Anne is indeed the biggest blessing in your life as you are in hers. You are both, brilliant, loving and spectacularly funny. The universe brightened considerably when you two connected.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Aye, congratulations Anne. You have defenitly made some very inspiring posts, and somehow with all that we seem to have in common, I kinda feel like I know you, which I defenitly do not. Also, if Sam wasn't just joking, I'm also impressed that you do have a PhD, I know the amount of work it takes to get that far, at least it took me an humongous amount of time and work just to get my Masters. So a late congratulations on that as well.
Much congratulations goes to you too Scarlet. Or should I say Dr. Scarlet. *Bows with a perfectly executed Anne Radcliffeish flourish of the hat.* You are both beyond brilliant and I feel so privileged to know you (at least in this message board family & fellow skyway conqueror) and cherish each bit of knowledge you so generously share with us. Knowing so much about this wonderful world of ours is a treasure that is beyond the Pearl of Great Price. Your investment into your mind so that you can help keep our world safe and beautiful in each of your areas of expertise is wisdom beyond measure and so very much appreciated.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
Much congratulations goes to you too Scarlet. Or should I say Dr. Scarlet. *Bows with a perfectly executed Anne Radcliffeish flourish of the hat.* You are both beyond brilliant and I feel so privileged to know you (at least in this message board family & fellow skyway conqueror) and cherish each bit of knowledge you so generously share with us. Knowing so much about this wonderful world of ours is a treasure that is beyond the Pearl of Great Price. Your investment into your mind so that you can help keep our world safe and beautiful in each of your areas of expertise is wisdom beyond measure and so very much appreciated.
Um, Chrissy, I don't have a PhD, I was congratulating Anne on hers, she's the Doctor of whatever, I'm just a lowly Master of Science, one step below Dr. Anne, but thanks for the congratulation anyways.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
Um, Chrissy, I don't have a PhD, I was congratulating Anne on hers, she's the Doctor of whatever, I'm just a lowly Master of Science, one step below Dr. Anne, but thanks for the congratulation anyways.
Yea, I realized that after the edit phase but my respect for your knowledge hasn't changed a bit. So, Yea, our beloved Anne is the Dr. Hmm we now have a Dr. Anne along with our Dr. Sam, lol. Who knew? lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
P.S. Um.... Since when is a Master of Science lowly? My College graduation gown didn't have near the stripes yours did. You worked hard for that Master's degree and it is well deserved.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Doctor of Philosophy -- I think they all are (a tradition from Medieval Europe), mine in Microbial Genetics, technically, but it doesn't make me smart to have the PhD, just... obsessed (I was dealing with a fascinating question!). Of course, the Anne romping around the skyways taking potshots at the Armada knows nothing of this, which is just as well, since the player could not fight with swords without tripping herself (swashbuckling battles with wooden spoons in the kitchen doesn't count), much less knowing how to navigate a ship!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Doctor of Philosophy -- I think they all are (a tradition from Medieval Europe), mine in Microbial Genetics, technically, but it doesn't make me smart to have the PhD, just... obsessed (I was dealing with a fascinating question!). Of course, the Anne romping around the skyways taking potshots at the Armada knows nothing of this, which is just as well, since the player could not fight with swords without tripping herself (swashbuckling battles with wooden spoons in the kitchen doesn't count), much less knowing how to navigate a ship!
Lol those spoon battles in the kitchen must have been a sight to behold and been packed full of giggles. You home must be a glorious place.

Microbial Genetics......Wow. Very impressive. Um......one question..............What was the question?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Lol those spoon battles in the kitchen must have been a sight to behold and been packed full of giggles. You home must be a glorious place.

Microbial Genetics......Wow. Very impressive. Um......one question..............What was the question?
Sorry, Chrissy, but The Question and The Answer are mutually exclusive, you cannot know the The Answer if you have The Question, and once you know The Answer, The Question is instantly forgotten.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, Chrissy, but The Question and The Answer are mutually exclusive, you cannot know the The Answer if you have The Question, and once you know The Answer, The Question is instantly forgotten.
OK, Now I am Really lost. lol

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
OK, Now I am Really lost. lol
Terribly sorry, I just couldn't resist, my previous post is a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,.
regarding the search for the Ultimate question to Life, The Universe and Everything, because the answer is 42.