Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Collecting Companions

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Hey Everyone Tyler here, just wanna ask for some opinions about collecting companions.
So, I just want your opinions on how I should collect companions, like should I focus on buying the cheapest first or the most expensive, like what type of companions should be my main priority of getting.
Thanks for any feedback

~Noble Tyler StrongLv65

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
the mooshu 5 clones would be a good start, especially wagyu sanjuro

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Hey Everyone Tyler here, just wanna ask for some opinions about collecting companions.
So, I just want your opinions on how I should collect companions, like should I focus on buying the cheapest first or the most expensive, like what type of companions should be my main priority of getting.
Thanks for any feedback

~Noble Tyler StrongLv65
There are many companions you can recruit through the game, Noble Tyler. But you seem to be asking about Crown Shop companions, I believe you should concentrate on getting those companions that you absolutely need instead of duplicates of the same class.
For example for Swashbucklers there are many choices among the best are Iago, Lucy Sterling and Ridolfo Capofero., but you only really need one of these. The most expensive are not usually the best.
I've recently bought The Inoshishi Necromancer ( I believe privateers get him from a quest ) because as a SB I needed an extra WD.
If you are in the test realm and still have the 'pretend' crowns they give you, try out some companions first. That's my suggestion.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Here, take it from a captain with over 80 companions. If you want rare companions, fight against Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah 25 times and then you can buy him, and once you do the same with Gortez, you can get Goronado. For companions that are already available. I recommend getting the Presidio 5 and the Mooshu 5 to start out, and then go from there. Get companions like Sergeant Shepherd, S.M Arson, and then if you have extra money lying around, get companions like Martin De Valvida and Morcesco De Valvida. You'll do just fine! Just go with your instincts and you'll be fine! Remember this phrase: Gotta Recruit 'Em All!